Intertrader

mike.

Intertrader are still giving you a free £100 when you open a live account with them, No deposit required to claim it !
You may have noticed the banners on the top of t2w forum page's which will take you to another intertrader bonus offer, But, there is no mention of this bonus on there homepage, what you have to do is log into there homepage and open a live account, then contact customer services via email with the heading "free £100" and include your username.

I opened one yesterday and was very straight forward, received a email shortly afterwards confirming account was opened and credited with £100.

This is not a demo and shouldn't be abused as it may spoil bonuses for beginners in the future. Simple to understand platform, You have access to their advanced charts and i found the spreads are tight to. You never know, pboyles might even fancy a flutter :LOL: :LOL:

Last edited:
Your stakes must total at least £100 and you need to deposit £500 to withdraw the bonus, otherwise it would be removed from the account after 90 days. Equity trading doesn't count.

But it's still a good offer, thanks.

I did not see much discussion about Intertrader in this forum.

I did not see much discussion about Intertrader in this forum.
Yes correct, you have to look at Capitalspreads thread. Intertrader.com is a white label of London Capital Group.

I looked at the site. They seem to be regulated by the FCA, but they also seem to have intertrader direct which is metatrader only and registered in gibraltar which sounds a few alarm bells.

Is it just non-direct that you guys are talking about?

I looked at the site. They seem to be regulated by the FCA, but they also seem to have intertrader direct which is metatrader only and registered in gibraltar which sounds a few alarm bells.

Yes, just the otc spreadbetting which is part of london capital group, there are banners at the bottom of t2w pages.

intertrader direct is a white label of prospreads

Well I've demo'd Intertrader Direct and opened up a live account. Live feed is identical to demo and pretty snappy from what I've seen. You can certainly scalp on it.

Far better than the clunky requote or off quote GKFX or FXCM feeds and nice low spreads (EU under 1 consistently and GU hovering between 1 and 1.5 during core hours. Not much difference to LMAX in my view except there's no commission and has spread betting tax benefits. (y)

Trading is done in lots as opposed to points and you can actually Spread bet in USD which is another bonus.

Negatives are the credit card payment system appears to be currently down and there's no iphone/ipad app I can find (not listed on MT4 app). Also regulator is based in Gibraltar but for a small 5-10k account it's not too much of a concern.

Surprised to see very little information about this broker. is there something I'm missing here since all seems too good to be true?

Last edited:
Well I've demo'd Intertrader Direct and opened up a live account. Live feed is identical to demo and pretty snappy from what I've seen. You can certainly scalp on it.

Far better than the clunky requote or off quote GKFX or FXCM feeds and nice low spreads (EU under 1 consistently and GU hovering between 1 and 1.5 during core hours. Not much difference to LMAX in my view except there's no commission and has spread betting tax benefits. (y)

Trading is done in lots as opposed to points and you can actually Spread bet in USD which is another bonus.

Negatives are the credit card payment system appears to be currently down and there's no iphone/ipad app I can find (not listed on MT4 app). Also regulator is based in Gibraltar but for a small 5-10k account it's not too much of a concern.

Surprised to see very little information about this broker. is there something I'm missing here since all seems too good to be true?

Your post is a bit misleading. You mentioned spreadbetting benefits and no commission costs and spreads consistently under 1 for EURUSD.

You're talking about two separate things. The EURUSD has fixed spread of 1 (not under) and GBPUSD is 2 pips fixed if you're talking about spreadbet.

If you're talking about the Gibraltar one, then yeah, but it's in Gibraltar and they of course do charge commission.

Your post is a bit misleading. You mentioned spreadbetting benefits and no commission costs and spreads consistently under 1 for EURUSD.

You're talking about two separate things. The EURUSD has fixed spread of 1 (not under) and GBPUSD is 2 pips fixed if you're talking about spreadbet.

If you're talking about the non spreadbet, then yeah, but it's in Gibraltar and they of course do charge commission.
Nope this is the Intertrader Direct version. No comms on forex spread bets. Not too sure about CFD's since I don't trade them but I'm sure it's covered in the spread?

Spreads are variable on Direct but fixed on the standard Intertrader platform.

Nope this is the Intertrader Direct version. No comms on forex spread bets. Not too sure about CFD's since I don't trade them but I'm sure it's covered in the spread?

Spreads are variable on Direct but fixed on the standard Intertrader platform.

From their site:

Low-cost trading

Trade at the interbank market spread on forex, and at tight fixed spreads on all other markets. The only charge is our dealing charge per trade (either incorporated in the spread or charged as commission).

What commission do they charge per 100k round trip?

From their site:

What commission do they charge per 100k round trip?
They don't charge any on spread bets, which is why I was asking what the catch is.

This is from the website.

Forex

"CFDs: commission per trade; spread betting: charge included in spread"

They don't charge any on spread bets, which is why I was asking what the catch is.

This is from the website.

Forex

"CFDs: commission per trade; spread betting: charge included in spread"

Again

For spread betting and non-forex CFDs the charge is wrapped around the underlying market price. For forex CFDs we charge $3 per standard Lot (USD 100,000), meaning our spread betting and CFD charges are exactly the same.

$3 per 100k is high, and if it's built into the spread, that's even worse.

Again

$3 per 100k is high, and if it's built into the spread, that's even worse.
Well it depends on how beneficial the tax free aspect of the spread betting is to you. ;)

I'm ok with the spreads (even if commission is built into them). I'm seeing the same spread on GBPUSD with LMAX but they charge commission on top. EU is consistently below 1 pip and mostly around 0.8 during core London hours.

My main question is why this broker has very little attention in the spread betting community and if there is anything to look out for?

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
Is anyone using Intertrader as I am looking for a better SB than the one I am currently using that keeps widening its spreads on me.

I saw Intertrader advertised on this forum so thought it must be OK. However, when I went to sign up for an account and read all the small print you have to sign your life away to say that they can "give" your contact details etc. to all sorts of people......

Most of the other SBs that I have ever opened an account with allow you do deselect this option on sign up but not Intertrader as far as I could see. So I didn't open an Intertrader account.

Has this now changed with Intertrader or is there some way round this that I could not find?

Ian

Hi Guys,
Is anyone using Intertrader as I am looking for a better SB than the one I am currently using that keeps widening its spreads on me.

I saw Intertrader advertised on this forum so thought it must be OK. However, when I went to sign up for an account and read all the small print you have to sign your life away to say that they can "give" your contact details etc. to all sorts of people......

Most of the other SBs that I have ever opened an account with allow you do deselect this option on sign up but not Intertrader as far as I could see. So I didn't open an Intertrader account.

Has this now changed with Intertrader or is there some way round this that I could not find?

Ian

This is taken from there privacy policy Ian, the full details can be read by clicking the link below.

"If you choose not to have your personal information used to support its customer relationship programmes (especially direct-marketing or market-research), LCG will respect your choice. LCG do not now (and do not intend to in the future) sell, rent or otherwise market your personal information to third parties. "

Privacy Policy | InterTrader

This is taken from there privacy policy Ian, the full details can be read by clicking the link below.

"If you choose not to have your personal information used to support its customer relationship programmes (especially direct-marketing or market-research), LCG will respect your choice. LCG do not now (and do not intend to in the future) sell, rent or otherwise market your personal information to third parties. "

Privacy Policy | InterTrader

Hi Mike,
Thanks for that don't know where I stipulate not to share my details will have to take a more detailed look.

Many Thanks
Ian