Intertrader Forex bonus

eesofh

Hi,

I've just joined intertrader and noticed that they have an excellent bonus for topping up initial deposits. I intend to make use of it but have got a bit freaked out when I was emailed by my account manager and asked to confirm I was happy with the terms and conditions. They seemed ok first time around but on closer inspection is has a clause that says

"If you do not meet the release criteria within 90 calendar days of the promotional bonus being applied to your account for promotional bonuses less than £5,000, or 180 calendar days for promotional bonuses of £5,000 or more, InterTrader Direct reserves the right to deduct the full bonus amount (and any winnings associated to such bonus) from your InterTrader Direct account (or such proportion of bonus funds and associated winnings as may be available for deduction)."

The bit that worries me is the bit in brackets 'and any winnings associated to such bonus' if I don't meet the criteria I can live with losing the bonus, it is after all a bonus but I don't want them taking any of my profits as well. I don't suppose anyone has heard any feedback about this scheme? I tried searching the forums but didn't have much luck. I have emailed asking for clarification but I'm easily fobbed off :-(

Thanks

Owen

Just in case anyone comes across this post again while searching out the offer.

I've had detailed clarification from my account manager and indeed they will not deduct any proportion of winnings, in fact they seem pretty flexible with the amount of time you have to trade the required amount and will only reduce the bonus by a proportionate amount - i.e. you get to keep the proportion of the bonus that you have traded if you withdraw you initial deposit.

I've not traded with them before but they tell me that it is a 'no dealing desk' straight through to the market so I look forward to trying that out. If I have any bonus problems I'll try and come back and let people know but I'm not expecting any.

On the whole, the terms & conditions attached to deposit bonuses are quite onerous, to the extent that they encourage you to overtrade in order to meet the bonus requirements.

Have a good read through the bonus requirements, specifically how many trades and/or financial value of trades you need to complete in order to meet the requirements. I recall reading through the T&C for Intertrader some time ago, and it was a lot.

Good luck!