Intertrader vs. Intertrader direct

rauliordache

Hello.

I have started this jurney in financial market with an account at Intertrader. Actually, spread betting is my option on Wall Street.

I do not know the difference between Intertrader and Intertrader Direct.
How is Intertrader in your perspective?

Also, if I've quick profit, do I risk to be limited?

Last edited:
Intertrader = FCA registered
Intertrader Direct = Dodgy Cypriot practically unregulated cowboys

So it is more safe to ,,play” on InterTrader which is under Financial Conduct Authority?

Or both are secure?

I've been using intertrader for a year or so with no problems. The new platform is a bit clunky imo, and the charts have a problem opening in Google Chrome. Other than that , no major issues.

@mike What is the maximum amount that you withdrew from Intertrader? I am asking coz I know (read) that some companies refuse large payments ... some even close your account ...

Not sure i fully understand your question, ive had no withdrawal issues other than it must be paid back on to the card used for the initial deposit. Its a money laundering thing.

I do understand you may run into problems withdrawing money back onto a credit card which will give you a positive balance. The card issuer can cancel your agreement should it remain in credit for a length of time.

'I am asking coz I know (read) that some companies refuse large payments ... some even close your account ...'

ha the binary options questionable unregulated outfits maybe - not so with regulated UK FCA companies!! You don't ever have problems with them if you satisfy the due diligence.

I been with intertraderDIRECT for over a year now. According to my research they have the lowest spread on spread betting accounts available (2013). I am successfully trading with them with nice profit. EURUSD spread typically 1.0 - 1.2 and GBPUSD 20 -21 AUDUSD 10 - 13. Spreads does rarely high spikes like I have seen on other brokers. Spread has a floor, like for EURUSD it's 1.0. And EURUSD is rarely over 1.7. I'm using a monitor for the spread. I don't remeber seeing a requote in the Journal. But I haven't been looking closely for that lately.

I would like to be fully transparent and clarify the matter under discussion without being anonymous. My name is George and I am the sales team leader at InterTrader Ltd. InterTrader Direct is authorised by the FCA in the UK and regulated by the FSC in Gibraltar. I fail to understand why Cyprus is mentioned here, apart from Cyprus being geographically located in Europe. Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory and derives regulation from the UK. The business is passported under the guidance of MiFID which sets out more detailed requirements governing the organisation and conduct of business of investment firms, and how regulated markets operate. All these could easily be checked by any existing or potential client on the FCA and FSC websites, as well as on the European Commission website under the Banking and Finance section.

Due to the large deposits we hold, InterTrader Direct goes well beyond the GICS mandate to protect our clients’ funds. Via a Parental Guarantee from Bwin.party Digital Entertainment all client funds are underwritten regardless of the amount. This is well in excess of the limits covered by any compensation scheme.

As a market-neutral provider we do not keep the risk in-house as we do not risk manage and all clients’ trades are instantly hedged in the market. Therefore genuine traders can rest assured that their profits are derived from the market and the amount of the withdrawal does not make a difference. However I should clarify that we adhere to strict regulatory and AML guidelines and refunds cannot be made to any source that the client has requested. It’s the same with withdrawals – deposits can be made only after we have positively verified the client’s identity and funds are accepted provided they come from a bank account/card under their own name.

i have not long started spreadbetting and i have choosen intertrader.com , ive started small and havent withdrawn any money yet, so all i can say so far is that im trading , platform runs fine, charts are fine , enjoy using them . So i will be staying with intertrader and see how things go n the future.
I come from a background of trading with dodgy binary options from cyprus so glad to leave that behind and feel safe now