Internet Explorer 7 error message

JTrader

Hi

does anyone else keep getting this error message when they close Ineternet Explorer 7?

What does it mean?

I use mozilla firefox for most things, as it's quicker and better than IE7. However, i still use IE7 for T2W and TSW.

Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Many thanks
JT.

Last edited:
jtrader said:
Hi

does anyone else keep getting this error message when they close Ineternet Explorer 7?

What does it mean?

I use mozilla firefox for most things, as it's quicker and better than IE7. However, i still use IE7 for T2W and TSW.

Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Many thanks
JT.
I had a similar problem when I downloaded Explorer 7.Its some thing to do with other IE files having a similar file number.I removed IE 7 from my computor and left it for a few days and re loaded it and it now works OK. It seems to be a common problem with IE 7 down load.

Thanks fluke

how did you uninstall IE7? I didn't think this would be possible, as IE6 is presumably no longer on my PC, if i remove IE7, there will be no IE on my PC, and I thought IE could not be removed as its part and parcel of XP........

Many thanks
JT.

jtrader said:
Thanks fluke

how did you uninstall IE7? I didn't think this would be possible, as IE6 is presumably no longer on my PC, if i remove IE7, there will be no IE on my PC, and I thought IE could not be removed as its part and parcel of XP........

Many thanks
JT.
The problem one gets when doing changes to computer programmes etc is one forgets how they did it when asked by some one else.
But I seem to remember a message that came with the down load of IE7 that it could be removed if required and the operating system would revert back to IE6. I certainly did remove IE7 and it did revert back to IE6.
But if I was you,I would do some more research before removing it,you can go on to the Microsoft site and look at what other people say about the problem.
Sorry I cannot help you more than this.

Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs --> Windows Internet Explorer 7.

That removes IE7 and reverts you to IE6. However IE7 is getting better - buggy upon release (as expected) but being improved through auto updates.

Any problems and use of the Add/Remove Windows Components on the same page allows you to remove or re-install IE completely, along with other Windows programs such as Messenger and IE.

Firefox is still better imo though.

Thanks chaps

I've removed IE7 and re-installed it, but the problem persists.
I'm probably better off using firefox for everything from now on.

I had looked in add/remove programs previously but was busy looking for "internet explorer 7" as opposed to "windows internet explorer 7"

Cheers,

and a happy new year :) !

JT.

Last edited:
Hi Paul

IE7 is definately noticeably slower to load web pages, and clumsier than firefox.
Firefox has been my preferred browser for around 2 years now.

Cheers.