Intermarket Analysis

1energy

I have recently finished reading Brett Steenbarger's excellent book "Daily Trading Coach" He mentioned that social interaction with like minded traders plays a vital role in a individuals learning curve. With that in mind I have decided to create this thread so dedicated traders could discuss intermarket analysis. Every one is welcome and the main objective is to create a place where intelligent discussion can help facilitate learning for all.

23-Nov-2009

Fundamental Review

Theme: Risk Acceptance

Currencies: The dollar and yen dropped against all of the other major currencies.

Dollar: Risk Accpetance

Yen: Risk Accpetance

Cross Currencies: Risk Accpetance

Equities: “It all adds up to very dovish comments from policy makers indicating that there’s really no threat of government programs abating any time soon. It’s a very favorable environment to take risk and that could push stocks even higher.”

S&P: Risk Accpetance

DJIA: Risk Accpetance

Eurostoxx50: Risk Accpetance

Dax: Risk Accpetance

Interest Rates: Treasuries were little changed after the U.S. sold a record-tying $44 billion of two-year debt at the lowest yield ever

5yr: Trend of risk accpetance early in session. Change in sentiment as day progressed. Alignment of equites, rates and commodities.

2yr: Trend of risk accpetance early in session. Indecision as day progressed.

Commodities: Crude oil rose as a weaker dollar heightened the appeal of commodities to investors. Oil climbed as much as 3.2 percent and gold reached a record as the greenback dropped on speculation the Federal Reserve will keep its stimulus measures in place and ensure interest rates remain at virtually zero.

Crude: Trend of risk accpetance early in session. Change in sentiment as day progressed. Alignment of equites, rates and commodities.

Gold: Trend of risk accpetance early in session. Change in sentiment as day progressed. Alignment of equites, rates and commodities.

Silver: Trend of risk accpetance early in session. Change in sentiment as day progressed. Alignment of equites, rates and commodities.

Tactical Review

My line of thought is that markets are in a defined range. No real change is sentiment has taken place today. This opens up some nice trade ideas for the week. I will be looking to sell risk assets at the top of the range upon price action confirmation. I still have not received such confirmation. My initial targets are to fill the gap in equity markets such as eurostoxx50 and S&P futures pit session.

Attachments

• usdx.png
    usdx.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 190
  • eur.png
    eur.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 174
  • eurjpy.png
    eurjpy.png
    18 KB · Views: 202
  • audjpy.png
    audjpy.png