Best Thread Interactive Brokers

Hello Interactive Brokers,

On your "new accounts" page, this is written: "Customers who wish to trade on behalf of their children are encouraged to open a Friends & Family Advisor Account with a Trust client account for each child".

Are there any regulations about who or how someone can open an account? Is there a minimum age for the child? Can a parent open an account with little or no trading experience? Who is taxed on winnings (hopefully not losses!), the child or the Trustee? Could I perhaps see a contract please?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read.

Customers who wish to trade on behalf of their children are encouraged to open a Friends & Family Advisor Account with a Trust client account for each child". The aforementioned refers to our US clients and/or trusts.

Although if you call our London office we will see if we can accomodate your particular child trust tel 020 7 776 7801.

Hello Interactive Brokers,

On your "new accounts" page, this is written: "Customers who wish to trade on behalf of their children are encouraged to open a Friends & Family Advisor Account with a Trust client account for each child".

Are there any regulations about who or how someone can open an account? Is there a minimum age for the child? Can a parent open an account with little or no trading experience? Who is taxed on winnings (hopefully not losses!), the child or the Trustee? Could I perhaps see a contract please?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read.

The IBGateway client allows for FIX CTCI connections to IB over the Internet. It is a piece of software that acts as a bridge between your FIX engine and IB. The software can also be used in place of TWS to deliver market data, using the same protocols as the Trader Workstation APIs. In this scenario, you do not need to have TWS running to get API market data. IBGateway Software and the Users' Guide can be found by clicking the buttons at the bottom of the page. To find the Request Market Data API method click here.

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/p.php?f=programInterface&ib_entity=uk

Can I get then quotes history for charts?

While you're around, IB, can the basic (free) version of Ninja be used to trade live through your system, or is there an alternative for trading directly from charts?

NEW

IB's state-of-the-art iTWS provides electronic access to your IB account from your iPhoneTM. iTWS lets you enter and manage orders, view executions, monitor your account balance - all from your iPhone!

With iTWS, you can:

-View real-time streaming market data.
-Trade stocks, options and futures worldwide.
-Take advantage of our SmartRoutingTM technology, which searches for the best price available at the time of your order and dynamically routes and re-routes all or part of your order to achieve optimal execution.
-Monitor your trades.
-Monitor account information.
-Manage your portfolio.

Available on the APP Store

funny you released that as i just rec'd an iPhone today :clap:

Anyone knwo of a good source for (intraday) future charts?? i dont mind delayed charts.
the only source i can think of so far is futuresource.com

Your original question related to using NT with IB.

There is no free stripped version for use with the IB account, is there?

No, there is a stripped down version called NT Direct available through some brokers, which is free and can be used for live trades.

Your original question related to using NT with IB.

There is no free stripped version for use with the IB account, is there?

That's what I've been trying to find out. You can get it through a couple of others, but IB don't seem too friendly with the Ninja people.

I only have free licence at the moment and using it with the IB data but plan to subscribe at the end of the month.

I would like to trade major currecies on a good platform that have no technical problems, and with an ECN broker (and some commodities too)?

When will you ever offer a platform thats is easy to use? Your platform is one of the most cumbersome I have ever come across. I am trading mainly forex.

Dear Pip Star

We appreciate that users of our Trader Workstation (TWS) have unique needs. Hence, we have developed our TWS to offer our users a customizable work space so the user can make use of the best tools (e.g., FX Trader, Chart Trader, and etc) we offer to enhance thier trading experience.

For example, our FX Trader allows the user (but not limited) to customize a cell(s) that allow the user just to point click and trade. In addition, the user can view realtime P&L, positions and etc. Further in the background you can make use of our other trading tools. View the following links for more details.

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/software/pdfhighlights/PDF-FxTrader.php?ib_entity=llc

http://individuals.interactivebrokers.com/en/software/tws/usersguidebook/configuretws/configure_fxtrader.htm

Dear Pip Star

We appreciate that users of our Trader Workstation (TWS) have unique needs. Hence, we have developed our TWS to offer our users a customizable work space so the user can make use of the best tools (e.g., FX Trader, Chart Trader, and etc) we offer to enhance thier trading experience.

For example, our FX Trader allows the user (but not limited) to customize a cell(s) that allow the user just to point click and trade. In addition, the user can view realtime P&L, positions and etc. Further in the background you can make use of our other trading tools. View the following links for more details.

That may be true, but as Pip Star says, the platform is so off-putting that you must lose lots of potential customers (and I'm one of them). IMO the same goes for the web site, which is a complete mess, especially the way it goes round in circles between the .co.uk and .com versions, then often takes you to a dead end, by which time you're still none the wiser.