Best Thread Interactive Brokers

A short disconnect doesn't matter (a few minutes and it will relogin). For really long ones I have always restarted because I couldn't find a "reset tws" button.

yeah i noticed if d/c for awhile it takes requires a restart. just wonderin if its possible to login again without it.

another question re TWS, is it possible to automatically update an existing stop/limit order if price has reached a target?

Hello, I have been trying to download the demo from IB - but it keeps failing - Any help appreciated

thanks, I managed to download stand-alone module not the web browser version.

Can't see the depth of the market on Eurodollar futures though ?? But still playing with it

thanks, I managed to download stand-alone module not the web browser version.

Can't see the depth of the market on Eurodollar futures though ?? But still playing with it

I'd be interested to know what you think of it. I'm looking at UK brokers myself.

I need to know where can I find it. I am subscribed to Nasdaq Totalview, and I can see all the standing orders and so on. But I have not been able to find data for the CME contracts.

I have subscribed to the CME data feed. I can't find where to access the data. Help, please.

if you are looking for the GLOBEX electronic platform, you should subscribe for the US commodities bundle.
CME is a subscription for just the floor traded (pit) contracts and is a far less transparent trading environment with limited bid-ask data.

Hi IB,

I recently opened an account with you. I just want to find out the situation with regards to MiFID client money protection for my account. I wrote (and emailed) to your office/Compliance and have yet to receive any information back. I hope you can answer some of my questions, or give me a pointer from where I can get info.

I have a Reg T Margin account for sure and I believe I am classfied as Retail Client.

a) I want my account seggregated under the MiFID Client Money rules. Do I need to put in a request to do so, or it is the case by default in IB for all retail clients anyway?

Many thanks in advance.

Eur Futures Froze !!

Hi ,

I have been trading Euro Futures this morning and the Futures price froze as the news came out at 10 , I have had this happen a few times before but only for a few seconds .

This morning the though the Eur future price just stopped , the odd part was other prices where updating , I ended up having to re start TWS to get prices again .

Which ended up with me down 10 ticks instead of being +40

Did anyone else have a similar problem ?

Ian

hi,
I would like to know how much it would cost me to get the all the flows for FX, Interest rates futures, stock index futures, comodities and also fx forward pls per month if I subscribe to Interactive brokers.
thx vm

Hi!
I am going to open a account with IB, but i just wonder if there is any support for mq4 since i want to use that platform for USD/JPY. (there are no comissions on the fx market except the spread, right?)

Hi!
I am going to open a account with IB, but i just wonder if there is any support for mq4 since i want to use that platform for USD/JPY. (there are no comissions on the fx market except the spread, right?)

Hi Victor90,

my best recommendation: Read a bit more before you try to survive swimming amongst sharks.

With IB there are commissions - and thats far cheaper than using an MT4 bucketshop claiming to be free of commissions.

To use MT4 for charting and decisionmaking whilst utilising IB for the actual trade is ok, having an integration is difficult.

For starters Oanda would be my first choice due to its lack of minimum position size - you can trade a position of 1USD - 10k with CMC, 25 k with IB.

All the best

Hittfeld

hi,
I would like to know how much it would cost me to get the all the flows for FX, Interest rates futures, stock index futures, comodities and also fx forward pls per month if I subscribe to Interactive brokers.
thx vm

You got to check with the IB website to get linked to all the exchanges - its fees of the exchanges for their different products - or not.

Kind regards

Hittfeld

Hi Victor90,

my best recommendation: Read a bit more before you try to survive swimming amongst sharks.

With IB there are commissions - and thats far cheaper than using an MT4 bucketshop claiming to be free of commissions.

To use MT4 for charting and decisionmaking whilst utilising IB for the actual trade is ok, having an integration is difficult.

For starters Oanda would be my first choice due to its lack of minimum position size - you can trade a position of 1USD - 10k with CMC, 25 k with IB.

You can sort of trade <25,000USD with IB; the IDEAL exchange allows trades down to 1USD, but you can expect commission and spread to be viscious. It's primarily intended for getting money into different currencies, rather than trading for profit.

I just wanted to check something with you regarding the monthly fee for IB.
If I want to have the fee in EURODOLLARs futures, EURIBORS futures, Comodities futures, and stock futures, how much per month would it cost to me pls?