Best Thread Interactive Brokers

I wish to open a UK IB account and have a query about funding it. Can I do a BACS transfer from a UK bank account ? Alternatively, can I write a cheque in sterling or use my debit card ? Also, does IB do BACS transfers to a UK bank account when one needs to withdraw cash ? Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can send GBP funds by BACS if speed is not important. I believe all GBP withdrawals are CHAPS and you get one fee-free one per month.

UK Based -was going to go with think or swim as heard good things but dont except UK accounts anymore???????!!!!!!!

Hi IB,

I have saved a couple of chart templates, and I want to use one of them as default when I open up a chart from the market scanner. Is that possible?

I can right click on a normal Quote Monitor page, "Charts", then one of my templates, but this option is not available in the market scanner page, and I can only right click, "Analysis", then "Realtime Charts"

Cheers,

Adrian

hi, I opened an account and got the confirmation. I launched the TradeWorkstation, but I could only see two sample quotes. I think it is because my fund has not arrived yet, Will I be able to see all the quotes if my fund arrives?

And I notice quotes of many markets are not free (are the fees listed monthly fee, by the way?). Can I trade the stocks/futures/FX... even if I don't get the quote service from you (I may find quotes elsewhere)?

We have re-worked all of our Interactive Tours and Traders' University self-paced courses to make them available to iPad users. Our tours range in subject from TWS Basics through IB Margin and our APIs. Traders' University offers several multiple-course series that cover stocks, options, forex and futures from the basics to the most advanced strategies.

You can find our Interactive Tours and Traders University courses on the Education menu of the IB website. http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/p.php?f=tradersuniversity&ib_entity=uk

Dear Client

Answers to your questions:

1. You can only trade when your account is funded.
2. Real-time market data comes from the exchanges which charge a fee, per month. We do support in some markets delayed market data, at no cost. For FX there are no market data fees.

hi, I opened an account and got the confirmation. I launched the TradeWorkstation, but I could only see two sample quotes. I think it is because my fund has not arrived yet, Will I be able to see all the quotes if my fund arrives?

And I notice quotes of many markets are not free (are the fees listed monthly fee, by the way?). Can I trade the stocks/futures/FX... even if I don't get the quote service from you (I may find quotes elsewhere)?

Hi IB,

I have saved a couple of chart templates, and I want to use one of them as default when I open up a chart from the market scanner. Is that possible?

I can right click on a normal Quote Monitor page, "Charts", then one of my templates, but this option is not available in the market scanner page, and I can only right click, "Analysis", then "Realtime Charts"

Cheers,

Adrian

Cancel this question - I have found the 'Group' function to resolve this issue nicely.

Adrian

On another note, does IB have any plans to introduce Equity trading qty based on anything other than # shares or $$ value? I'd like to be able to base my qty on ATR.

Adrian

Another question if I may...

Does IB throttle their charts at all? I have a group set up that includes T&S, Charttrader, Market Depth and a portfolio page. If I click about 5 symbols, one after another in under about 1 minute, the last chart page is blank for about 1-2 minutes. I'm looking at 3 minute bars.

Cheers,

Adrian

I wouldn't be surprised. They definitely throttle provision of historical data to third-party software via TWS-API - giving out what they euphemistically call "pacing violations" to people who request too much.

ok, so I have another question for IB. Maybe this will get a response....

Is it possible to chart VWAP? I don't see it listed anywhere in the indicators.

Adrian

Hi,
I have opened an IB SIPP account. My account is in GBP but I want to trade US Futures and ETFs.
D

I would be very interested in user experiences of the interactive SIPP - it seems you have to go through a provider. Again any recommendations (or firms to avoid) much appreciated.

Hi, after I deposit 10000USD, I started to trade. My question is: how much balance in my account does it need to keep my account active? (I may loose, or may withdraw)

Hey, I was looking at the website and it almost seems a little too information-overloady for me :p
I am definitely very interested in opening an account, as I use Scottrade currently and pay $7/trade! O_O

Anyway, just to confirm...
New accounts to trade US Stocks:
$2,000 USD min. to open
.005/share commission or min. of $1; max of .2% of principal
$10/mo fixed fee.

If I initially deposited $2,000 would I be eligible for options trading? Long calls/puts is what I would like to do. Also, are there minimum maintenance fees or minimum trade fees?

Thanks! It's nice to have direct interaction with people who work for the company or have used it and recommend it :) I would call in personally but its pretty late here.. :p

I use www.cannontrading.com - super simple and reall nice brokers:D