Best Thread Interactive Brokers

Not me.

Lumber is one of the plug uglys. Lovely looking trends but imagine the complaints and whinging IB will get when customers are long and they get stuck with 3 or 4 locked limit down days.

The pain of uncontrollable loss. It will happen to you.

Not me.

Lumber is one of the plug uglys. Lovely looking trends but imagine the complaints and whinging IB will get when customers are long and they get stuck with 3 or 4 locked limit down days.

The pain of uncontrollable loss. It will happen to you.

3 to 4 limit down = 40*110 = 4400$.

1 mini DJ = 5 * 8000 = 40.000$ , Have 3 days 3% down and you lose also 3600$.

Buy one euro/GBP of 125.000€, lose 5% = 6250€ loss

Futures is a big amount, buy now lumber at 140$, what was the risk?

Even the milk contracts are not tradable, neither butter , even the cash ettled butter contract.

The only things tradable are the financial contracts. ALl other is very limited.

'nine' you don't have to trade it, just vote on my poll.

Let the profits for the real timber guys.

Question For Ib

Dear IB,

Is it possible where a stock is listed on two different exchanges. Say for example a
mining company that is listed on the LSE and also the ASX. To buy on one and sell on the other?

Thanks

Well
The exchange listed on the sell screens are LSE & CHIXUK not ASX. It does not seem possible to do it on-line
More information please

It is not possible to buy stock in London and then sell it in Australia. However, what you can do, and I presume this is what 'nine' meant, is buy a stock in London and short the same company in Australia, or vice versa.

Examples of where you might do this would be BHP & RIO.

Traded mini crude oil and I lost 195$. Bought too soon, sold too soon.

It really rocketed from 35 to 36 and then to 38.25$.

I put my trading week in my blogspot.

See what for a bad trader I was today.

Feel free to comment.
Lumber can't go bancrupt, stock index can. Give me my lumber.

Thank you for your interest, but unfortunately we cannot comment to much regarding future business developments because we do not want to give to much away to our competitors.

Please stay tuned. If so, I will try to let you know once we have a definite public disclosure on the subject.

Hi
I have been writing to Mr Perez literally for years re setting up SIPP arrangements.
It is now mid 1st 1/4 of 2009.
Any news?
Hope you are not teaming up with one of the expensive trustees. Presumably once you have the systems operating there will be no difficulty appointing you as broker in any arrangement?
Presumably you are arranging with your partners to be able to use options, futures etc?
LII

Yo! InteractiveBrokers, when can we become active in lumber?

We are still very passive for that commodity.

I speak for all that dare not to speeak up that they want lumber.

WHen can I get my axe and start cutting some trees in my trader window?

Obama wants InteractiveBrokers to give lumber teading to its customers!!!!!!!!!!

We will help the lumber prices to erect and support the US economy (and this from Belgium)

Obama will then thank InterActiveBrokers.

When will you finally do what your president wants you to do?

Great trading today: made 2$ by buyng 1 YMH9 at 7466 and sold it at 7468.

Lumber is almost back at its lows of the year.

Still no lumber trading available at InterActiveBrokers!!!!!

It is now such a nice sweet little contract, our beloved lumber.

When will w eget it through Globex?

MarketTraderWim made a profit today of 142$ in EMXCME and 8000 yen in NIY.

Both could have been much higher. Again a case of buying too soon and bailing out with little or no profit.

All my trades are at my blog.

Feel free to leave a comment then I know someone has read it.

Maybe oneday my blog will be worth a lot of money as a trading guideline, better said: a guide how you shouldn't trade:)

Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber

We want it InteractiveBrokers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A little effort here or come out of the shade and tell us why I can't use an axe and start cutting trees for lumber, I mean start trading in lumber and make a lot of profit when USA housing market start to skyrockening again.

Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber
Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber Lumber

Last edited:
Hi
I have been writing to Mr Perez literally for years re setting up SIPP arrangements.
It is now mid 1st 1/4 of 2009.
Any news?
Hope you are not teaming up with one of the expensive trustees. Presumably once you have the systems operating there will be no difficulty appointing you as broker in any arrangement?
Presumably you are arranging with your partners to be able to use options, futures etc?
LII

Hi LevII,

My optimism about this broker is rapidly turning into scepticsm, I'm hoping you can clarify my thoughts by responding to this post.

When you say you have been writing to Mr Perez for years are you saying that he has been promising such a vehicle for that length of time? I ask because I have a pension which is sitting in cash and has been for a number of months waiting for the promised SIPP structure. This is the best alternative in the restrictive scheme in which it is held, the only protective thing I have been able to do is to impliment a currency hedge outside of the fund. I'm now fed up of waiting and if this is some sort of PR fobbing off exercise by IB then please let me know as I would obviously like to get these funds working with a SIPP friendly broker and be able to inform others of the situation with IB.

ATB

Interactive, why can't we trade our dur daily dairy products as butter and milk, also dry whey we can' trade.

Most of these are cash settled, why can't we trade these sweet contracts?????????

Give us our daily bread oh lord InteractiveBrokers, I mean access to these products also, and especially lumber.

SO we can hedge our future homes that we are going to build.

Be mercy InteractiveBrokers, and give us what we need.

Last edited:
Please can you confirm if you are referring to CME Random Length Lumber Futures?

Yo! InteractiveBrokers, when can we become active in lumber?

We are still very passive for that commodity.

I speak for all that dare not to speeak up that they want lumber.

WHen can I get my axe and start cutting some trees in my trader window?

Obama wants InteractiveBrokers to give lumber teading to its customers!!!!!!!!!!

We will help the lumber prices to erect and support the US economy (and this from Belgium)

Obama will then thank InterActiveBrokers.

When will you finally do what your president wants you to do?

Great trading today: made 2$ by buyng 1 YMH9 at 7466 and sold it at 7468.

Dear Gentlemen

Per your regards for SIPP Accounts...we would like to accomodate requests for all of our clients around the world but sometimes it is not possible. With respects to SIPP, "yes" we have received requests for SIPP accounts and we are still considering it, but we need more feedback from more clients.

We encourage our customers to submit suggestions for future technology enhancements and to vote and make comments on these suggestions in our feature poll.

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/accounts/acctMgmtGuide.php?ib_entity=uk

Thank you!

Hi LevII,

My optimism about this broker is rapidly turning into scepticsm, I'm hoping you can clarify my thoughts by responding to this post.

When you say you have been writing to Mr Perez for years are you saying that he has been promising such a vehicle for that length of time? I ask because I have a pension which is sitting in cash and has been for a number of months waiting for the promised SIPP structure. This is the best alternative in the restrictive scheme in which it is held, the only protective thing I have been able to do is to impliment a currency hedge outside of the fund. I'm now fed up of waiting and if this is some sort of PR fobbing off exercise by IB then please let me know as I would obviously like to get these funds working with a SIPP friendly broker and be able to inform others of the situation with IB.

ATB

We encourage our customers to submit suggestions for future technology enhancements and to vote and make comments on these suggestions.

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/general/poll/poll.php?ib_entity=uk

Interactive, why can't we trade our dur daily dairy products as butter and milk, also dry whey we can' trade.

Most of these are cash settled, why can't we trade these sweet contracts?????????

Give us our daily bread oh lord InteractiveBrokers, I mean access to these products also, and especially lumber.

SO we can hedge our future homes that we are going to build.

Be mercy InteractiveBrokers, and give us what we need.

Garden

Here are our selling points for our IB Forex offering and etc, so you can compare (but not limited too):

-Direct access to interbank forex quotes with no hidden price spreading, no markup, no kickbacks.
-Just the combination of real time prices from 11 of the world's largest FX dealing banks plus a transparent, low commission that avoids the conflict of interest of FX platforms which deal for their own account. That is, IB does not trade against its clients.
-Market structure like an ECN: order book that allows you to set orders away from or between the markets, and trade with other IB clients as well as with the liquidity providing banks.
-Multi-instrument: you can trade forex cash (spot) side by side on the same system, even the same window, with forex futures, fx options, and other asset classes such as stocks, bonds, and futures.
-FXTrader Trading Screen: a forex centric order management platform that allows quick and easy entry of forex trades as well as other asset class trades.
-Auto-roll: automatic overnight position rolls (tom/next swaps) for large positions. There is no commission or other charge for this service. As with our spot dealing, roll prices are direct best quotes from our interbank partners.
-Over 20 unique order types available.
-Safe: Interactive Brokers Group and its sister affiliates hold over $4 billion in equity capital
-The user can improve the spread on the screen.

We are transparent about our offerings, fees, and etc. That is why we place everything (including our fees) on our website. And unlike other brokers you do not have to provide us your details or tell us how many contracts or trades you do before we quote you our commissions. Our commissions are on our screen at all times.

We hope you compare us and we wish you well with whatever broker you choose. Although we do hope we can earn your business.

Hi Chaps, I have done several searches on this thread but am struggling to find an answer, a lot of the searches go back a long time as well, so may not be so current. My question is: generally speaking how would traders compare IB costs of trading Forex (given the slippage points people have mentioned) to say, someone like Oanda (use Oanda from poll results).
I understand that my simple question might be a multi senario. I was just looking for a ball park view, if possible.
Appolgies if this is a repeat question but its a big old thread now. Maybe an idea to start a 2009 version????

For your reference as a client when you want to deposit funds into your account you only have to go to your Account Managment Tool, under funding create a deposit notification. Afterwards, you receive a form which you can give to your bank that denotes all of our banking instructions.

We usually find with bank transfers (but not limited to) clients forget to create a deposit notification and/or do not include an account id in their wire transfer, so when we receive their funds we know where to deposit them. Unfortunately that is when the problems arise.

We hope this has been helpful.

Thank you for your patience.

I also have been trying to open Interactive account but now have waited almost three weeks to confirm about transferring money into account. I am quite concerned about customer service as have no response to several phone calls and emails.(n).