Injuries

No my eyes sight is fine, it is just that I have noticed when I spend a lot of time in front of the screen, my eyes start feeling tense, and can't really look at bright places, my room is well lit. My eyebrows and eyes start feeling tense. I am booked in and have an apointment in a week.

Oatman a blood test? I feel I am getting off topic as I ment for this thread to be about problems aroused from day-trading not about me blabing about my problems.

there's just too much arrogance on this Forum for me.

Clocking off for good, can't say it's doing much for my moral. There seem to be alot of egos here that don't want to help others just struggling with their own status and identity.

I thought I could learn something from Trade2win, so far the best help has come from Skimbleshanks, Trader333 and Naz. Maybe they are the only true successful traders on this site so they don't have an ego problem. I don't know, only guessing?

LWB

LWB Sorry if I have offended you in any way, but you must remember that a third off us have only starting trading and are looking for help and advise, Skimbleshanks, Trader333, Newtron, Naz have not only helped me and you but many others because they are professionals. Everyone is trying to help each other especially the veterans and the legendary members. I am sure that alot more than those 4 have helped everyone; Chartman, Bramble, Oatman just to name about 2% of the fantastic and kind members we have here.

The thread I started here was not to help me but to help warn other newbiew fulltime traders about what could happen to their health if they watch the screen all day

I've always fancied standing up (again) when I trade. Im sure it will help me keep a focused mind.

No idea how to find a desk tall enough.

Why make the desk taller when you can make the floor shorter, cut a whole in it, seriously does it help?

Dunno. I just feel more alert when I stand up.

Maybe I should start collecting the Yellow pages each year.....

BBB you can get PC desks designed for use when standing, and the site mentioned earlier back2 even have desks which can be raised and lowered with a crank or electrically.

Stew

As for chairs - I don't think you can beat the Aeron by Herman Miller. A fantastic design of form and function. I bet they're a lot cheaper up there too! :LOL:
Cheers
Quercus

IK. I worked in IT for many years and so had to look at screens all day. I found my eyes were getting very tired. Somebody recommended that I try wearing good quality sunglasses when I was working. I bought a pair of Raybans and they instantly helped. I still wear them when I'm using a screen now.

I can't guarantee it will help you, of couirse, but it might be worth a go.

Regards,

Thanks Ivorm I will definatly try that, I remember some time ago I used some type of sunglasses similar to that and it did help.

I mistakenly put on some Tunnel Vision glasses which persuaded me that I was looking at classic buy type patterns.
Only later after I'd burned my fingers did I notice the classic hands off and sell signals. :eek:

Have I got the only pair or do others posess these too? :LOL:

I, naturally, have the rose (or maybe red? :cheesy: ) tinted ones that I constantly look at the world though...lol

Would the screen filters (sunglasses) only help on the old CRT monitors or are they still usefull for the TFT and LCD's. I think they helped filter out the radiation from the CRT's?

The screen filters are still available at PC World - about £30-£50 a pop I think.

There was a geek at uni who wore these odd sunglasses. He said the lenses were made of the same stuff as the screen filters.

HAve you tried altering the brightness and contrast of the monitors?

Have you tried altering the refresh rate? I can't stand low ones and see the flicker so set it around 90 Hertz, much better on the eyes