Infected with Trojan Horse

Clylbw, if you want to send me your private email address, I can send you some infomation I got from the symatic website regarding the virus,
can't figure out how to post it here !

Clylbw
Reminds me of the tech support question " where's the enter key? I don't have a key marked enter."....
You won't find %windir%...... that's just an expression that means the windows system directory, wherever it may be, and whatever it may be called. In win XP it SHOULD be C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32

On my system, it's size is 13Kb and dated 18/08/2001 12:00
I 'm not convinced you can just delete it.... I only have one occurrence of this file on my PC.
Can I suggest you just search for 'svchost' ..... see what turns up.
If you have only one occurance, then if you delete it, you'll have problems. What you will need to do is replace it with an uninfected version. I've attached a zipped up version for you.

Attachments

• svchost.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 135
Hi Chartman,

I have two svchosts. One is also 13KB, last modified on 13/08/2001, and the other is 25KB, last modified on 07/04/2004. The second is also in the hidden folders/files.

I assume it is the second one that is infected? How can I replace with the clean one attached?

Thanks indeed.

I've been having trouble this morning with my connection to some sites. Just off to run the symantec scanner. I've got Nortons antivirus software & firewall & never had any problems - but my pc the last few days just doesn't 'feel' right.

Olwenh, just check your symantec is up to date ? with so many virus's around if your'e not on automatic
update seriously think about doing it...............good luck

Doesn't look like it's a virus.

Yes I'm on automatic update & I've never had a problem.

Just wonder what the problem is. Thanks anyway.