Independence

wallstreetwarrior87

Ok, whilst the markets are calming down for the moment:

There has been a lot of threads and a lot of interest shown in relation to "other people". Their claims, their boasts, their services etc.

Whether these people are, or are not, what they say; what difference does it make to you?

Why should it?

Just get on with your own trading, stop wasting time, stop giving these people publicity.

This is one of the most independent businesses in the world. Even if you are part of a trading team, you are still on your own.

Be content, set your goals, and go out and get them in 2013!

I know what I can do, and I am not concerned with whether or not anyone believes/agrees with me, I couldn’t give a dam. Likewise I’m not bothered with what anyone else claims. Why should it concern me?

Too many people on here clinging to hope! They are fearful on missing out.

Honestly, just sit on your own and be precise on what you want to achieve. Set your goal on how to do this. But don’t cling to the hope you will find it on forums;)

I have said on another thread that a trader must possess certain attributes. Jealousy, anger, revenge are NOT the attributes you want.

Time waits for no one, so don’t waste yours worrying about others.

Make 2013 the year(y)

Last edited:
Ok, whilst the markets are calming down for the moment:

There has been a lot of threads and a lot of interest shown in relation to "other people". Their claims, their boasts, their services etc.

Whether these people are, or are not, what they say; what difference does it make to you?

Why should it?

Just get on with your own trading, stop wasting time, stop giving these people publicity.

This is one of the most independent businesses in the world. Even if you are part of a trading team, you are still on your own.

Be content, set your goals, and go out and get them in 2013!

I know what I can do, and I am not concerned with whether or not anyone believes/agrees with me, I couldn’t give a dam. Likewise I’m not bothered with what anyone else claims. Why should it concern me?

Too many people on here clinging to hope! They are fearful on missing out.

Honestly, just sit on your own and be precise on what you want to achieve. Set your goal on how to do this. But don’t cling to the hope you will find it on forums;)

I have said on another thread that a trader must possess certain attributes. Jealousy, anger, revenge are NOT the attributes you want.

Time waits for no one, so don’t waste yours worrying about others.

Make 2013 the year(y)

surely one of the purposes of the site is for traders to give opinions. Are you saying we should not even give reviews etc,whats the point of the site. you can always ignore the posts when we bitch. Good luck with the trade though

surely one of the purposes of the site is for traders to give opinions. Are you saying we should not even give reviews etc,whats the point of the site. you can always ignore the posts when we bitch. Good luck with the trade though

It's advice in the First Steps section Flash and IMO, is sound counsel for those starting out who are looking for answers from others rather than trying to learn how to do this.

It's advice in the First Steps section Flash and IMO, is sound counsel for those starting out who are looking for answers from others rather than trying to learn how to do this.

you may be right,i should look more closely,I never bother with what sections posts are in,I just fire away. Sorry wallstreet you have some valid points.

The difference is in the lulz. Lulz is a healthy part of life and I recommend it to everyone. Also I have a natural dislike for BS'ers. I find it pleasurable to make them squirm, and they do. My trading is like waiting for paint to dry; So I need distractions while keeping my eyes on the paint.

The difference is in the lulz. Lulz is a healthy part of life and I recommend it to everyone. Also I have a natural dislike for BS'ers. I find it pleasurable to make them squirm, and they do. My trading is like waiting for paint to dry; So I need distractions while keeping my eyes on the paint.

You are right about the lulz, but to make a point;

In the same time that Lord Flashearts thread had created 4 pages (to do with trading and application), the thread about TD has had 21 pages!

21 pages of ziltch, nada, zero value to the reader. So what this shows is that there is more interest in this type of debate rather than discussion about the nuts and bolts of trading.

Its a shame, not to those with experience, but to those just starting out.

Also while I agree that you may have spare time in between your trades; is the time spent on lulz really helping progress your trading ability? Not having a go at you personally, but in general for all thread contributors?

So what this shows is that there is more interest in this type of debate rather than discussion about the nuts and bolts of trading.

Trading can be very simple like watching paint dry and there aren't that many nuts and bolts.

is the time spent on lulz really helping progress your trading ability?

Perhaps your inability to appreciate lulz could be the road block to your trading progress.

You are right about the lulz, but to make a point;

In the same time that Lord Flashearts thread had created 4 pages (to do with trading and application), the thread about TD has had 21 pages!

21 pages of ziltch, nada, zero value to the reader. So what this shows is that there is more interest in this type of debate rather than discussion about the nuts and bolts of trading.

Its a shame, not to those with experience, but to those just starting out.

Also while I agree that you may have spare time in between your trades; is the time spent on lulz really helping progress your trading ability? Not having a go at you personally, but in general for all thread contributors?

I couldnt agree more. I made a point about it in the "new rules" or somesuch and it was pretty much ignored. Nobody talks about trading here. If you did start a thread you would still get idiots posting rubbish..which means you have to clean it up..I'm pretty sure in every 10,000 posts there is probably only 1 chart. The rest is simply trying to up their post counts.

The rest is simply trying to up their post counts.

I think you could be suffering a post count envy. Get involved in more lulz and you will see your count sky-rocket.

For lulz, I here by request the mods to reset my count to 0. You see the count is not as important as you think.

I think you could be suffering a post count envy. Get involved in more lulz and you will see your count sky-rocket.

For lulz, I here by request the mods to reset my count to 0. You see the count is not as important as you think.

Nope, not envy. Its just a view, right or wrong