Income opportunities

NVP

Guest Author
excuse the title - its crummy !

But with the Global Economies in such a mess is there a thread where we could get some REALISTIC dialogue going regarding money making opportunities in

New Sectors / Markets
Technologies
Franchises

and anything else that floats the boat ..............

as Believe it or not (shock horror) trading is not necessarily the answer to everyones dream as the holy grail to income generation

if this dissolves into people advertising land on the moon I apologise in advance

hey - at least I tried ?

NVP

So let me start the ball rolling .........

If I wanted to set up a simple business alongside my day job - perhaps (after set up time) working up to 10-15 hours a week

on-line probably (but lets not discount bricks and mortar).....

where are the opportunities ?

selling what ?
to who ?
with what profit margin ?
risks ?
technology required ?

with my own (limited) experience I would have to target the low capital/high margin route based around selling intellectual property via publishing / education / information / etc etc

it would certainly be an interesting route into online activity and perhaps lead to more ideas and networking

what else gang ?

N

If I wanted to set up a simple business alongside my day job - perhaps (after set up time) working up to 10-15 hours a week

selling what ?
to who ?
risks ?
technology required ?

with my own (limited) experience I would have to target the low capital/high margin route based around selling intellectual property via publishing / education / information / etc etc

it would certainly be an interesting route into online activity and perhaps lead to more ideas and networking

what else gang ?

N

E-Books on making pots of money for little effort eg: "Secrets of billionairs" etc.
Okay, okay; what about e bay selling?
:whistling

Good thread idea NVP.

I think that there are so many opportunitys to make money online these days.

I have been studying 'Web Design' over the past couple of years and have already made a few quid building small business web sites to friends and family.

As the world rapidly becomes more and more internet savvy everyone will want/need a web site for their business and web designers will become in demand even more so than they already are.

Having said that, tying in with the low capital/ high margin thing and Neil mentioning eBay, I recently bought a wide format printer and am now trying to make money selling canvas prints, posters etc within my own eBay shop.

I just love the idea of making some extra cash at home, alongside my current full time job. At the moment I'm miles off from making a wage from trading so the previously mentioned ideas will have to do in the mean time. :)

There is no easy money.

Even the easy money industry is very competitive.

I was selling car alarms in the UK for a while - that was an on line business. Good money too - I got UK distribution rights to a new and innovative product.

Shame then, that the factory couldn't get their act together. I got 250 units delivered where they hadn't thought to ensure the correct remotes got put in with the alarms. They all had remotes, they just didn't match the alarms they were packed with. Hence the 'easy money' for a while.

There are very experienced guys tripping into China all the time sourcing goods & selling them on line. One guy I know has his own line of Kitchen Equipment he sells on line in the UK - he is extremely wealthy now. He worked his ass off to get there, though. Not something you could do part time.

If you want to sell goods - then you have to know they are not easy to source at a price you can just dump them on ebay. the 10-15 hours isn't realistically get you anywhere from what I have seen.

In terms of selling information - it's a crowded space unless you can come up with a niche and then you could make out like a bandit.

I don't think it's time you need - it's an idea. Certainly the only way to go "the low capital/high margin route" is through a brilliant idea. You wouldn't be able to do that part time though because once your idea was out there, you'd need to work your a$$ off maintaining your position.

Good thread idea NVP.

I think that there are so many opportunitys to make money online these days.

I have been studying 'Web Design' over the past couple of years and have already made a few quid building small business web sites to friends and family.

As the world rapidly becomes more and more internet savvy everyone will want/need a web site for their business and web designers will become in demand even more so than they already are.

Having said that, tying in with the low capital/ high margin thing and Neil mentioning eBay, I recently bought a wide format printer and am now trying to make money selling canvas prints, posters etc within my own eBay shop.

I just love the idea of making some extra cash at home, alongside my current full time job. At the moment I'm miles off from making a wage from trading so the previously mentioned ideas will have to do in the mean time. :)

ive hear E-bay can work .........in fact bought a book a while back and then realised how hard it was and how much time it was going to take to become an real expert in that field and not lose money

sound familiar ? :smart:

N

There is no easy money.

Even the easy money industry is very competitive.

I was selling car alarms in the UK for a while - that was an on line business. Good money too - I got UK distribution rights to a new and innovative product.

Shame then, that the factory couldn't get their act together. I got 250 units delivered where they hadn't thought to ensure the correct remotes got put in with the alarms. They all had remotes, they just didn't match the alarms they were packed with. Hence the 'easy money' for a while.

There are very experienced guys tripping into China all the time sourcing goods & selling them on line. One guy I know has his own line of Kitchen Equipment he sells on line in the UK - he is extremely wealthy now. He worked his ass off to get there, though. Not something you could do part time.

If you want to sell goods - then you have to know they are not easy to source at a price you can just dump them on ebay. the 10-15 hours isn't realistically get you anywhere from what I have seen.

In terms of selling information - it's a crowded space unless you can come up with a niche and then you could make out like a bandit.

I don't think it's time you need - it's an idea. Certainly the only way to go "the low capital/high margin route" is through a brilliant idea. You wouldn't be able to do that part time though because once your idea was out there, you'd need to work your a$$ off maintaining your position.

Good points.........

good Idea
+
efficient and rapid Execution
+
market access
+
sell on when its peaked
=
$$$$'s ! (y)

the website and It is naturally always a good area/idea

I have 2 up at present and my partner built them at a very discounted cost to me

then we pull our hair out with the Expensive Webserver support we get

I have also used freelancer.com for some IT and forex programming work.......but also an interesting example of how programmers can be priced down very quickly from originally lucrative work

N

ive hear E-bay can work .........in fact bought a book a while back and then realised how hard it was and how much time it was going to take to become an real expert in that field and not lose money

sound familiar ? :smart:

N

Yep! same old story!

There's alot more to selling succesfully on eBay than people realise

Yep! same old story!

There's alot more to selling succesfully on eBay than people realise

I remember seeing a programme about how sucessful it had become replacing the corner stores and challenging the mighty Amazons and others

N

and now i am going to say a nasty word

Network marketing

selling what ?
to who ?
risks ?
technology required ?

what else gang ?

N

The answer to all your questions,go to youtube search stuart ross and you will find what it is you ask.

if ever we see a network marketing company with

useful, sustainable and innovative products and services
good management (not greedy / not crooks)
well balanced remuneration scheme (long term growth focus)
good IT,logistics and payroll systems
good ongoing training, support material, mentoring and recruitment processes

then there may be a chance one day i will join up !

N

ok I am happy to set some ground rules here .............

if we now get links and recommendations everyone looks at their own risk.....

if it gets silly we police it .....only I have the rights to the real estate on the moon

N

Ibetyou..........

no offence but one recommendation is fine ......then we move on......tell us here what you do regarding products and services or leave the link

thats it .........I recognise the potential for the thread to deteriorate into internet millionaire selling videos

thanks
N