Income opportunities

if ever we see a network marketing company with

useful, sustainable and innovative products and services
good management (not greedy / not crooks)
well balanced remuneration scheme (long term growth focus)
good IT,logistics and payroll systems
good ongoing training, support material, mentoring and recruitment processes

then there may be a chance one day i will join up !

N

Nope - the model is flawed in Network Marketing.

It requires people to pay $90 for a $10 product so that all the layers of commission can be paid.

Nope - the model is flawed in Network Marketing.

It requires people to pay $90 for a $10 product so that all the layers of commission can be paid.

sadly yes......the system overheads + commissions kill the model

N

hi nvp, ever thought about:

~ going through companies house looking for sme's with healthy balance sheets/pnls/cashflows (& are not listed)
~ filtering on those where those businesses are not in an area where you dont mind working / living in
~ not too technical/capital intensive/network(contacts) orientated ie barriers of entry are not too big obstacle (or not too lax that can be at threat by established businesses) etc etc

...& setting up similar business there. or start training to then be able to set up similar business.

i know its arduous, but so is setting up a business et al.

hi nvp, ever thought about:

~ going through companies house looking for sme's with healthy balance sheets/pnls/cashflows (& are not listed)
~ filtering on those where those businesses are not in an area where you dont mind working / living in
~ not too technical/capital intensive/network(contacts) orientated ie barriers of entry are not too big obstacle (or not too lax that can be at threat by established businesses) etc etc

...& setting up similar business there. or start training to then be able to set up similar business.

i know its arduous, but so is setting up a business et al.

sounds like a plan

if i really had the time I would build a team that bought up companies that were fundamentally good in many areas (as per above) but had been poorly managed and were virtually bankrupt but needed turning around.....

doesnt excite me though.....cant be arsed ......

great time to do it as well in this market .....

in fact I was tipped in moneyweek about a company that does this in a recent edition .....will look it up

hmmmmmmm

N

if ever we see a network marketing company with

useful, sustainable and innovative products and services
good management (not greedy / not crooks)
well balanced remuneration scheme (long term growth focus)
good IT,logistics and payroll systems
good ongoing training, support material, mentoring and recruitment processes

then there may be a chance one day i will join up !

N

Hi NVP,
I would have thought there are quite a lot of MLM that fulfil your criteria. There are lots of companies that have been around for decades and continue to do well - so they must be doing something right - Avon and Kleeneze being obvious examples. Newer outfits are doing pretty well too - Telecom Plus for example - which is a FTSE 250 company. I admit that I'm not up to speed on what the LSE demands of companies that seek a listing on its exchanges - but I'm sure they learnt a few good lessons from Mr. Nadir and the PollyPeeck debacle!
Tim.

Hi NVP,
I would have thought there are quite a lot of MLM that fulfil your criteria. There are lots of companies that have been around for decades and continue to do well - so they must be doing something right - Avon and Kleeneze being obvious examples. Newer outfits are doing pretty well too - Telecom Plus for example - which is a FTSE 250 company. I admit that I'm not up to speed on what the LSE demands of companies that seek a listing on its exchanges - but I'm sure they learnt a few good lessons from Mr. Nadir and the PollyPeeck debacle!
Tim.

yep.....

theses guys have good business models and sustainable products.....Amway is always the named model in the USA.....although more recent evidence shows I should caveat Amway's "success" and ask people to be careful if considering them as an option

they try to infact avoid the MLM label now and just declare the people power side of the business as just another marketing / sales stream

N

Last edited:

of course although the investments are risk graded (??) the natural progression from these sites is "recommended" investments from "experts" who also put their money where their mouth is .......and have a track record of good returns from near zero Defaults.........

and of course i see these sites all consolidating at some point for economies of scale and seeking FSA approval / support

N

Look no further than Lord Hanson, who with his partner Mr. White, $2,000 in cash and a phone built an industrial empire.

Educated at Elland Grammar School near Halifax and Merlegh School (now closed), James Hanson served as a staff officer with 7th Battalion, the Duke of Wellington's Regiment before going into the family transport business.[1] Lord Hanson and Gordon White (later Lord White of Hull) formed a partnership in the 1960s, whereby they founded a greetings card business.[2] The two men also began buying other companies, in such diverse industries as fertilisers and bricks, which all sat under the umbrella of a listed entity called Hanson Trust (later renamed simply Hanson). By the 1980s, the Hanson Trust operated in both Europe and North America, purchasing undermanaged businesses in sectors such as batteries, locks and safes.[3] He was knighted in 1976 and created Baron Hanson, of Edgerton in the County of West Yorkshire, a life peerage, in 1983.[3]

Lord Hanson's greatest deal was the 1986 purchase of Imperial Group, a British tobacco conglomerate with a diversified portfolio of brand leaders in tobacco, brewing and food, and with a cash rich pension fund, that was his real target. Hanson's team turned up in Bristol the morning of the takeover to find the Pension Trustees had closed the Fund the evening before, denying him the asset.[4] Lord Hanson had expected to use the Pension Fund as consideration for the transaction: however it was funded entirely by selling many of Group's subsidiaries, leaving him with a business that made an operating-profit margin of nearly 50%.

Lord Hanson developed a track record as a corporate raider, which ultimately worked against him in a failed bid for ICI Group, a chemical group, in 1991 which was at the time the UK's third-largest company.[4] ICI, led by its chairman Sir Denys Henderson hired Goldman Sachs to look into Lord Hanson's business dealings,
The mark of a Hanson company was that of a short term cash-generating machine, large scale redundancies, and research and development slashed to the bone - an "Asset Stripper".[2]

He was well known for his support of ex-Conservative MP Neil Hamilton, who became famous for his involvement in the "cash for questions" affair in the 1990s.[5]

Hanson was also an active "Eurosceptic", opposed as he was to Britain joining the Euro, and was a founding member of Business for Britain, an anti-EU organisation. He was also a member of the Bruges Group, which advocates a substantial renegotiation of Britain's relationship with the EU, or if that is not possible, total withdrawal from the EU.[5]

Hanson’s billion-dollar empire earned him the nickname "Lord Moneybags".[6]

A big target though for an ordinary fellow imho

. . . theses guys have good business models and sustainable products.....Amway is always the named model in the USA.....
I was in Amway about 20 years ago and got absolutely nowhere with it. A complete disaster! Then, about 10 years ago, my sister joined Forever Living Products (FLP) and I was worried that she would have a similar experience to me. Due to disability, she was out of work and receiving state benefits. She wanted to join FLP as it was something she could do from home with the potential to provide her with her own income and to get off state benefits. Ten years on - she makes her full time living from FLP - and is an inspiration to one and all.
Tim.

Guys
Havent really read all the thread as away for a few days,but I woulo value your opinions on banners broker. I have a friend who joined 9 months ago and is at the stage inb the next few moneths where he will be getting £5000 a month for an investment of £5000. i simply do not beleive the business side of the product and think its just the best chain letter ever and will surely bust. When will it bust is the question,it could go on for years as it is global. any thoughts?