I'm new and need to choose a LAPTOP!

cameron08

Hey guys I'm a 15 year old wanting to get into stock trading now. I have a 650-700 budget on a laptop. I found a macbook pro 2012 but I read some reviews that say macs aren't very good for stock trading. Please let me know what the best laptop is for beginning stock trading. Thanks!

Hey guys I'm a 15 year old wanting to get into stock trading now. I have a 650-700 budget on a laptop. I found a macbook pro 2012 but I read some reviews that say macs aren't very good for stock trading. Please let me know what the best laptop is for beginning stock trading. Thanks!

I have an Alienware and I love it. You can find a used one on Ebay in that price range.

I have an Alienware and I love it. You can find a used one on Ebay in that price range.

Hi Cameron

I have a mac book pro and I love it - but that is because I use it for photography and other applications.

For stocks you have to be decide what software you want to run and check that there is a mac version.

Some software it totally web based so that would work on a mac - but other software is PC only.

I assume you are going to trade on a DEMO account?

Yea i will try a DEMO Account first. But still not sure on a laptop. :/

If it is for trading and general use for email - internet etc. then buy a windows based system - it will be cheaper than an apple, UNLESS there is one piece of software that you REALLY need which is mac only.

I have both as I have some trading software which does not run on a mac.

You can get software to allow you to run windows software on a mac but I think you will get a windows system for less money than a mac.

Andy

I love my lenovo.It's been good. No major issues and is on 24/7. My wife's Toshiba on the other hand had the battery die pretty early in it's lifespan. She had a Toshiba before that one and the monitor crapped out. That's about it for our experience with laptops.

If you are serious you may want to invest in a large monitor as well so you can link it up. Instead of buying multiple monitors by a large one and run a few applications off it. It can be very difficult trading off one screen.

Yea i will try a DEMO Account first. But still not sure on a laptop. :/

Use Mac Book Air with wine to run my Нotforex MT4.
IMO, macs are much faster than PC's, and what's important almost virus-free.:)

Save it for drugs and sex. More fun at your age.