I'm doing great!

Holding on through the hard times.

Hi still grinding away, just a quick update on my progress as I seem to have faded of the boards. Had a rough month October but my open positions are moving forward and hope to post some more charts here in the next few weeks. Hope everyone else's trading is going well.

Regard's wwatson1 ;)

I entered this position 4 day's ago, increasing consolidation in the triangle has made for an even better entry now with a tight stop loss (close below the support line) and explosive upside potential this could result in a nice trade.

Here it is....

Attachments

• tgal.GIF
    tgal.GIF
    19.5 KB · Views: 262
Trmp

A position I entered a few days ago, Demand is strong and there has been a recent earnings increase.

I expect to see this hit $21.00 fairly soon. Expect a short term pull back to the uptrend line, a point at which more shares could be added.

Attachments

• trmp.GIF
    trmp.GIF
    16.8 KB · Views: 253
Trmp

Selling to close out and take profit on TRMP monday's open as a pause or sell off can be expected.

Attachments

• trmp2.GIF
    trmp2.GIF
    11.8 KB · Views: 229
Aoor

Taking a long position on this anticipating an upside break out of this clear triangle, Stop loss is a close below $0.24.

Attachments

• aoor.GIF
    aoor.GIF
    10.6 KB · Views: 229
Ive added portfolio value and trade size to my homepage. Hope this makes thing easier to follow.

Regards

Hey.. read like the first 20 pages and then skipped to here...

Great that you are informing the world on your trades.. gives ppl stock ideas to look at.. but I did have some commentary and questions:

- On your website, you have start value of $10,000 as of 12/14/05 -- I thought you started to do all those trades you were doing earlier last year before 12/14? Did you end up perfectly even at $10k? Was kind of curious where you were from where you started originally...

- Is this a paper traded account or a real money account?
- I think you mentioned you use IB... so how has the effect of commissions been on the account?
- You claim that your account is $10k, or rather, $10,337. How are you getting by the pattern day trader rules with an account under 25k?

- Also would be great ( just a suggestion ) if you provided, in addition to your current table of data on your website:
Date of transaction; Exit price; Stop; Target, as well as link to a picture of the chart (maybe from the entry price, entry chart, and exit price, exit chart.

- Since it seems like you've had a good history of this trading, what is your expectancy? Also, on a smaller account like this, what is your open position exposure? How has increasing (or decreasing) the exposure helped you?

- Is there a particular reason you trade on the opens instead of just setting limit/stop orders to sell?

- Also a few pages back regarding your % calculation error... the fellow that posted the spreadsheet with the correct % calculations is correct. I assume that you wanted to just post the % gains/losses as to be position indifferent... so just add all the %'s and divide by the # of trades.. IE the average % gain in two trades, each gaining 4% and 6% would be 5% (=10/2). By merely adding the % gains, ie 4% + 6% = 10%, it is assumed that you would enter your whole portfolio in that trade... IE If you started with $100 portfolio, and had a 4% gain on a trade, that doesn't necessarily mean it is 4% in relation to the total $100 portfolio, only 4% of the commission-adjusted VALUE of the trade. Thus each % has to be weighted in terms of position size...

Anyway just my .02.

Last edited:
.......- You claim that your account is $10k, or rather, $10,337. How are you getting by the pattern day trader rules with an account under 25k?

He is not day-trading so does not need a PDT account.

Paul

FetteredChinos said:
no thanks.. im not a big fan of such websites...

not enough naked girls for my liking....:)
Good thinking Feltered Chinos, we need a naked girls technical analysis of why a trade was committed, showing charts , pictures and all other helpful advice. Course I would only join for the articles. :

tire said:
Hey.. read like the first 20 pages and then skipped to here...

Great that you are informing the world on your trades.. gives ppl stock ideas to look at.. but I did have some commentary and questions:

- On your website, you have start value of $10,000 as of 12/14/05 -- I thought you started to do all those trades you were doing earlier last year before 12/14? Did you end up perfectly even at $10k? Was kind of curious where you were from where you started originally...

- Is this a paper traded account or a real money account?
- I think you mentioned you use IB... so how has the effect of commissions been on the account?
- You claim that your account is $10k, or rather, $10,337. How are you getting by the pattern day trader rules with an account under 25k?

- Also would be great ( just a suggestion ) if you provided, in addition to your current table of data on your website:
Date of transaction; Exit price; Stop; Target, as well as link to a picture of the chart (maybe from the entry price, entry chart, and exit price, exit chart.

- Since it seems like you've had a good history of this trading, what is your expectancy? Also, on a smaller account like this, what is your open position exposure? How has increasing (or decreasing) the exposure helped you?

- Is there a particular reason you trade on the opens instead of just setting limit/stop orders to sell?

- Also a few pages back regarding your % calculation error... the fellow that posted the spreadsheet with the correct % calculations is correct. I assume that you wanted to just post the % gains/losses as to be position indifferent... so just add all the %'s and divide by the # of trades.. IE the average % gain in two trades, each gaining 4% and 6% would be 5% (=10/2). By merely adding the % gains, ie 4% + 6% = 10%, it is assumed that you would enter your whole portfolio in that trade... IE If you started with $100 portfolio, and had a 4% gain on a trade, that doesn't necessarily mean it is 4% in relation to the total $100 portfolio, only 4% of the commission-adjusted VALUE of the trade. Thus each % has to be weighted in terms of position size...

Anyway just my .02.

Q: Is this a paper traded account or a real money account?

A: My own account is higher and I use full margin. $10,000 journal is to show how profits on a small account can accumulate.

Q:I think you mentioned you use IB... so how has the effect of commissions been on the account?

A: commission on IB is pocket change not worth worrying about.

Q: Also would be great ( just a suggestion ) if you provided, in addition to your current table of data on your website:

A: I now only provide the bare essential information needed to trade my journal as what you propose is very time consuming.

Q:Since it seems like you've had a good history of this trading, what is your expectancy? Also, on a smaller account like this, what is your open position exposure? How has increasing (or decreasing) the exposure helped you?

A: There is no expectancy I only require That I am happy with my technique, I split the account into five equal parts.

Thank's for your interest I hope you will continue to follow my progress.

Kindest regards John

Just an update on my trading progress, things are going well since I have made some small technical additions to my filtering. Scaling out of winning trades is also proving to be a great advantage. losses are kept smaller and I can afford to let profits run. I have fewer trades but this suites me more.

Kindest regards wwatson1

hello WW

wwatson1 said:
Just an update on my trading progress, things are going well since I have made some small technical additions to my filtering. Scaling out of winning trades is also proving to be a great advantage. losses are kept smaller and I can afford to let profits run. I have fewer trades but this suites me more.

Kindest regards wwatson1

What are you trading now? :D

Pardon me, I appreciate all the published trading info you've presented, but...
I skipped most of this thread, maybe someone else mentioned.
I saw at the start you said you expected 70% in three months? And then I checked your site and it looks like you have made around 23% in three months. Not bad! but??!! Why did you say 70%?

It is still not clear the methodology. If you want people to follow you need to explain on your site what you do.
paolo

URL removed by Rossored

pezzutti said:
It is still not clear the methodology. If you want people to follow you need to explain on your site what you do.
paolo

URL removed by Rossored

No I don't.

Hi haven't posted for a while as i have been without my computer while moving house, hope everyones trading is going to plan. I still keep log of my own positions on my site at 800bull.com i will be closing all positions shortly and looking for some fresh opportunity's i'll post my criteria for the new stock candidates here. :cool:

Hi im still alive, haven't been on for a while as I am wealthy now, hope everyone is doing well