How many trades should I make in a demo account before progressing onwards.

d4b7800c-70e8-4061.jpg

Thanks but doesn't answer my question tho, how many trades is needed before you can say a that a system works? or isn't there a number?

By the way I don't want some smart **** to tell me that I would only truly know if a system works after I have done infinite trades or a million trades. Lets be realistic people.

To answer that question...there isn't a number, is there? I increased my stake size when I increased my account size. If you SIM trade, I can't see how you can do that and you will never know whether you can do it until you get started.

You are a funny Forker. The internet is optional. If you get bored, you can switch if off.

There are a host of advantages to trading micro size instead of SIM. Forgive me for not listing them all in post 1.

Let's get this right:

SIM trading is better in your opinion that trading for a total risk of $1 per trade?

There is absolutely no amount of money a new trader should trade instead of SIM trading? Is 10c per week too much to risk?

It appears also that you think someone should start SIM trading before they have any clue at all about where/when to exit?

In my opinion - the process should be like this:

1 - Figure out how you want to approach the market. (months at least)
2 - Get yourself confident with a platform by SIMing. (1-2 days)
3 - Trade your system with small size for an appropriate period (20 days for day trading minumum)
4 - Review at the end of 20 days
5 - Adjust (if necessary) and repeat.

Either way you do this - the moment you go from SIM->Live you WILL lose money.
With your approach - you will build up a load of false confidence in terms of fills and how you personally react to being in a trade. You are more likely to go in size when you leave SIM. Your chance of a blow up is much higher because you have confidence but no proven ability.

With my approach - you won't blow up. You may lose a couple of $200 in a few weeks/months and lick your wounds and have a re-think. Overall - that experience will be much better than a year of SIM trading.

Sorry if this was a bit boring for you.

The fact that you did it my way, claim to be profitable but are claiming another way is better is somewhat ironic in my opinion.

You are beginning to tip Forker over the edge.

My experience was that trading at 50p per point was ok at the beginning but when you get to 200 quid down and haven't started to make progress you start to get more focussed. Most people can afford a few hundred quid, or they should not be trading. It's much better than SIM.

I've spent plenty of time on demo and plenty on mini lots or whatever they are.
I found when I took demo seriously I had the same sense of panic like a rabbit caught in headlights as when a few hundred £ was at risk on minilots.
No difference at all really.
It was the learning the way of the market that mattered, not the either small or imaginary amount risk.
Nowdays I can have £KK at risk with far less stress than I used to have on demo, cos what I learnt on demo, including money management means I have a plan that is tried & tested.
I say If you can learn for free or mini/micro lots, (which I see as the same thing) do so.

But don't trade and call it real trading unless you are putting money on the line that really matters to you whether that be hundreds (like it might be to some), tens of thousands or millions (Like it might be to some). Its all just pretend or demo unless it really matters to you.

Last edited:
You are beginning to tip Forker over the edge.

My experience was that trading at 50p per point was ok at the beginning but when you get to 200 quid down and haven't started to make progress you start to get more focussed. Most people can afford a few hundred quid, or they should not be trading. It's much better than SIM.

Exactly & that's the whole point of small size.

Anyway - as far as the OP goes, he's had a lot of opinions here, which should help him decide.

He's also seen some insults thrown around too - which will probably scare him off :LOL: