I'm a Trader Get me out of this contract!

Sahil - this firm probably starts with an M or a S? I know two who have left M and they have had no problems.

Sahil,
you're an employee. You have a contract of employment. In this contract of employment, in exchange for their paying you, you have to give them notice of your intention to quit. Which you are now trying to renege on? Either resign, and see how long they keep you for, and honour your contract. As they used to say on Stock Exchange " Dictum, mayum pactum" Brutal, but then so is the real world....

I am more than willing to give reasonable notice - no intention of just running, but according to contract I can't leave until end of contract!

The contract is highly unfair and relevant compensation is well below market average. If I do leave any earlier, I am liable to substantial and unaffordable penalities based on my profitability. I'm just stuck with no realistic options.

Penalty clauses are generally unenforceable as are excessive restraints of trade.

Get thyself a decent lawyer and be gone with them.

wysi

Twalker:

'Never trust a man with the initials JR'

IS this a joke, or a reference to a US guru/coach??

I think those that know him will not have to ask questions.

Last 2 posts are a mystery 2 me.

Maybe I should go back to bed.

just get your doctor to sign you off with stress for a few months, then open up a brokerage a/c in someone elses name and bingo!

Stress and back pain!

Anyone know any arcades outside the USA and EU? i.e. Switzerland, Dubai, S.A, etc...