I'm a masochist & it's hurting my trading :(

did you srsly start a public thread in a public forum asking for criticism and then complain about receiving aforementioned criticism in a public forum in a public thread that you started yourself?

gg

WTF? If I wanted to belittle you in public for some reason I could easily do so but that has never been my intention. I actually don't understand where you're coming from here!

(And you can contact *me* as well by said methods but haven't done to complain, so right back at ya - this is the first I've known of any problems)

Maybe you misunderstood my use of the word pathetic, if that's the case then I apologise for that, if not then I am completely confused and the ball is in your court.

Take a look at this first and maybe you'll see where i'm coming from.

Incidentally I don't need to read the OP because I know what masq is actually like, not like whatever his latest excuse is claiming he is like.

(That may have sounded harsh, and it is maybe. masq is a really nice bloke. But he's also pathetic)

You claimed to not even read what I said. I was pretty open about things and there wasn't excuses. I admitted that i've been trading without a stop, averaging and it's come round to burn me every now and then and I wanted to change things.

I don't know how i'm supposed to interpret this: " (That may have sounded harsh, and it is maybe. masq is a really nice bloke. But he's also pathetic)" I'm a nice bloke but i'm pathetic. Elaborate how I can read that as something complimentary or something useful I can use.

I did try and get in touch with you on thursday prior to the creation of this thread but you said you were busy which is understandable so I left you to it. Just funny that instead of telling me elsewhere you'd rather come here and call me pathetic. I accept your apology, but I don't know how at the time i'm supposed to read that statement as anything other than with negative connotations.

Afraid i'm popping out now so can't reply any more to my fans. Have a good eve everyone.

Ok I could have worded that better, mea culpa. And I was busy on Thursday, you asked in the middle of something happening, forget what but I remember it being busy.

I do not mean as a person you are pathetic. I mean the behaviour pattern is pathetic and has been going on since at least 2008.

I've explained why on numerous occasions and am not going to rehash it yet again, but whether you claim to be or not you are looking for validation or emotional support or whatever, not trading advice - or at least you act that way. And it is consistent.

i think i gave good advice. I as wel think arabiannights is right about confirmation bias. I also think you are a bit patheric, in this thread anyway.

look if you just want to play at trading then keep doing what you are doing but you wont ever get anywhere just go round and round. if you want to take it seriously then man up and do what i sed in my post.

Ok I could have worded that better, mea culpa. And I was busy on Thursday, you asked in the middle of something happening, forget what but I remember it being busy.

I do not mean as a person you are pathetic. I mean the behaviour pattern is pathetic and has been going on since at least 2008.

I've explained why on numerous occasions and am not going to rehash it yet again, but whether you claim to be or not you are looking for validation or emotional support or whatever, not trading advice - or at least you act that way. And it is consistent.

Nuff said mon amis - take it off line, kiss and make up... err that's make up as in shake hands not the other make-up... :cheesy:

Well I'm all for kissy kissy and makee uppy but given that trading is 90% male I'm not so sure.:cool::cool::whistling

I always found traders to be very hard arrogant *******s with big egos.

Never seen so much TLC... :cheesy:

Like I said, I posted a professional "therapy" link on here but I got banned for a week so I am reluctant to do it again.

he could go and see like a dominatrix and see if he likes that. Im bein serious, if you like getting spanked then at least get your rocks off at the same time and leave with a smile on your face rather than lose all your money in the market.

In light of recent events I have concluded that I have some sick masochistic thing going on with trading and just when things start to get good, I go and do something pretty stupid to jeopardise it and go and lose close to the max on it.

I do consider myself to be somewhat informed and have a general awareness of good vs bad trades. However the problem is i'm plagued by some boredom/frustration/masochistic issues whereby I start to do stupid things and this is where my biggest losses have resulted from. I do engage in other speculative activities but never put myself in the same positions.

My most recent example being after taking a sizeable hit when euro plummeted a few weeks ago I was re-building my account after dropping close to 30% of my account in one trade. Which of course was a consequence of me averaging + no stop and just running it. (The only reason I closed was to prevent busting my account and i'll add that I generally trade with low leverage but after averaging multiple times the leverage starts to become an issue.) I digress though, so I was rebuilding my account and doing well until yesterday, after a week of feeling frustrated with the market and not much going on I decided to take a small trade, sadly I did not take the hit and resorted to averaging. There was times the loss was very insignificant but I decided to try get a profit. I speculated on trichet and got burnt even though I knew it was not good and I should have been out. So once again i'm back to where I was a few weeks ago and seeing this cycle.

Which brings me to the question: what effective techniques can I implement to control the masochistic masquerade? Are there any other people that seem to suffer from the plight of self-destruction and is there any way around this other than quitting (which i'd rather not do for a few reasons, but main one being when i'm good I can see a succesful trading future.)

Maybe i'm just rambling, but it helps me to feel a little better to vent at this time as i'm just fed up of history repeating itself and have a general feeling of disappointment with myself. :|

LOL! :LOL:

Hi Masquerade,

I've been thinking about you and I've just wondered what your objectives in all this was?

1. How much money do you intend to, would like to make with capital that you have? I mean is it reasonable - are we talking 10% return per annum or 30%? What is likely to float your boat? How does this compare with the pros on this site?

2. Assuming you made that money - what are you likely to do with it? Buy fast sports cars and go out with chicks or buy some villa at some outback and lead a wonderful life? What I'm getting at is what is driving you?

You sleep with your PC on and wake up to your PCs and the markets yes but what is behind it all. Where are you going?

There is the danger that people who obtain a lot of money too quickly without really working for it end up going off the rails. Maybe lot wishy washy stuff and answers may seem obvious but you may find it leads to more chaos in your life than goodness.

Not sure you are ready for loadsa dosh with your sentiments as it stands.

Sorry if I'm not saying the right things and you want to let off some steam I'll understand. :|

Best wishes, (y)

Who are the pros on this site?

Who are the pros on this site?

LOL! :oops: Who indeed.

That might all depend on what kind of "pro" you are talking about. There are a lot of different types of pros in the world. There are professional hookers, professional trolls, professional anarchists, professional hacks, professional traders and professional wannabe traders (those who profess to know what they are doing when clearly they don't).

I would say that in an attempt to find the "pros" that a little trading competition commence post hasta manyana (did I spell that correctly - probably not - excuse my Dutch).

Who are the pros on this site? LOL! :LOL: That was kind of funny. They way you said it and all.