IG telling me I can't add/use volume indicator on their charts

• Thread starter Black Swan
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Black Swan

is that correct? I have tried to add it (on currency pairs and crude/other indices) but keep getting message "no volume for this security"..any help/imput mucho appreciated.

They're right - IG don't provide volume - remember the chart is of their quotes - not the underlying market - providing volume data on that would only let us know how much is being bet, which may not correspond at all to the real market.

remember the chart is of their quotes - not the underlying market

Hmm, I am not sure that it is because all charts are (or were), provided by IT-Finance and you will often find that their quote does not match the price on the chart.

Paul

They're right - IG don't provide volume - remember the chart is of their quotes - not the underlying market - providing volume data on that would only let us know how much is being bet, which may not correspond at all to the real market.

Hmm...makes sense;), thanks for that bud, but you can/do get it with pro real time and given that IG are charging (retrospectively if you don't do enough trades) for the package, perhaps they should come clean...

then which s/b or cfd firms do show volume that corresponds to the market?

Alpari use metatrader and FXCM marektscope for volume although does it match market price? Not sure. Perhaps Paul and Hoggums could advise. Have to say I'm warming to Alpari..

Any fx charts that purport to show volume are deceiving you. If they have any sort of volume stats on there they will be totally artificially generated unless you look at futures volume.

What some people show is 'tick volume' which is unrelated to true volume (there are threads on this subject so I'm not gonna get embroiled again).

GJ

Any fx charts that purport to show volume are deceiving you. If they have any sort of volume stats on there they will be totally artificially generated unless you look at futures volume.

What some people show is 'tick volume' which is unrelated to true volume (there are threads on this subject so I'm not gonna get embroiled again).
GJ

Thanks GJ, got a link to same such thread/s? TIA :)