IG Index won't give me an account...

If you readed my post I did not say anything about trying to scalp using spreadbetting, unless you consider any time frames under 2 hours to be scalping. you have been posting in other threads how SB companies are improving and their typical spreads have been reduce to near DMA market spreads,so cost of the trade is not an problem.In lots of your posts you have an bias towards swing trading,If that's the only trading style and trading above 2hours that works for you,great for you.But to dismiss other types of trading because you're unable to profit from them,is just protecting your ego.:idea:

"In lots of my posts.." great another fookin stalker...

"In lots of my posts.." great another fookin stalker...

Black swan, come on you can do better than that, I'm trying to help you become aware of your perceptual errors towards trading time frames under 2 hours.Instead of addressing my points, you attack me and intimidate others who provide or might provide unwelcome feedback to you.below is what you posted on the Jun 1, 2011, 6:20pm

[QUOTE=Black Swan;1572938]Scalping can't be done with SB firms, difficult enough with ECN brokers. Presumably you mean low TF trading, as opposed to scalping the spread looking for a couple pf pips..

It's all too personal and subjective to offer advice, I only swing and or position trade FX:cheesy:, only you know what fits your personality and the amount of screen time you can or want to dedicate towards trading:-0.

I could argue to death with folk that anything below the 2HR TF is noise but they'd come back to me thrusting their sharpe ratio under my nose telling me they don't give a 5hit, they enjoy taking 50 trades in a day (25 winners) and walking away from the table with an average of 30 pips every day, heh their life's a bowl of cherries, but it's just not for me...:LOL:QUOTE=Black Swan;1651894}

At the moment I am paper trading and going live monday. I trade very short time frames from 1 minute to 5 minutes and sometimes a few hours. Over 19 trading days I have done 1500 pips in profit
I usually find the quick time frames suit me as I don't want to be glued to the screen all day.

Last edited:
Black swan, come on you can do better than that, I'm trying to help you become aware of your perceptual errors towards trading time frames under 2 hours.Instead of addressing my points, you attack me and intimidate others who provide or might provide unwelcome feedback to you.below is what you posted on the Jun 1, 2011, 6:20pm

[QUOTE=Black Swan;1572938]Scalping can't be done with SB firms, difficult enough with ECN brokers. Presumably you mean low TF trading, as opposed to scalping the spread looking for a couple pf pips..

It's all too personal and subjective to offer advice, I only swing and or position trade FX:cheesy:, only you know what fits your personality and the amount of screen time you can or want to dedicate towards trading:-0.

I could argue to death with folk that anything below the 2HR TF is noise but they'd come back to me thrusting their sharpe ratio under my nose telling me they don't give a 5hit, they enjoy taking 50 trades in a day (25 winners) and walking away from the table with an average of 30 pips every day, heh their life's a bowl of cherries, but it's just not for me...:LOL:QUOTE=Black Swan;1651894}

You can't scalp using spread betting..Did I anywhere, ever say folk can't scalp, or make a living off the low TFs? Nope, you simply can't do it spread betting as many industry insiders will testify..

Now learn to read what's been posted and stay on thread and on message, the thread was about spread betting not trading off low TFs..hope that helps..

Last edited by a moderator: