IG Index won't give me an account...

matt872

because I'm a student. I have over £15k worth of savings, but because I have no (permanent) job they think I'm a liability. Shall I reapply and lie about my income?

because I'm a student. I have over £15k worth of savings, but because I have no (permanent) job they think I'm a liability. Shall I reapply and lie about my income?

Perhaps you should go straight to full time trader and part time student.

Well if you're after IGs rep, IG markets isn't tax free but still doable for small mini contracts and such. That's what I use when I occasionally decide I'd like to lose a bit of money lol

Personally, If I had 15k I'd swerve the bookies and find a cheap-a55 futures broker. If you can get decent commissions the bookies spread will be comparable

Eh? Limited risk with no credit? Are you sure? No point re applying, youve left a trail, phone them up and ask for a limited risk account, how old are you btw..?

Eh? Limited risk with no credit? Are you sure? No point re applying, youve left a trail, phone them up and ask for a limited risk account, how old are you btw..?

Limited risk accounts have some absurd spread do they not? And 19.

You should have obviously lied in the first place. What's wrong with kids nowadays!!?
you could try re-applying, but they'll likely link you to your previous attempt. Give it a go.
Otherwise go with someone else.

What instruments do you plan to trade and what sort of stakes/size?

Matt, you don't want limited risk and guaranteed stops and that bullsh1t. Spreads will ream your a$$hole out.

Talking of a$$holes, why the f*** did you tell the truth on a spread betting application? You must be the first motherf***er ever to tell the truth.

Just reapply and make up a load of sh1t. Remember, all that crap is just so they can claim they're only taking on customers who are suitable (lolz!). Just answer every question with the aim of making yourself look as rich, experienced and qualified as possible.

You should have obviously lied in the first place. What's wrong with kids nowadays!!?
you could try re-applying, but they'll likely link you to your previous attempt. Give it a go.
Otherwise go with someone else.

What instruments do you plan to trade and what sort of stakes/size?

Think I'll try someone else. Don't want to **** them off and get permanently banned. I was planning to trade 8 Major forex pairs @ 50p/£1 per point to start with.

Matt, you don't want limited risk and guaranteed stops and that bullsh1t. Spreads will ream your a$$hole out.

Talking of a$$holes, why the f*** did you tell the truth on a spread betting application? You must be the first motherf***er ever to tell the truth.

Just reapply and make up a load of sh1t. Remember, all that crap is just so they can claim they're only taking on customers who are suitable (lolz!). Just answer every question with the aim of making yourself look as rich, experienced and qualified as possible.

In hindsight it was, extremely naive of me. I'll reapply in a few months, hopefully they'll forget about me by then. Recommend any SB companies in the meantime?

Think I'll try someone else. Don't want to **** them off and get permanently banned. I was planning to trade 8 Major forex pairs @ 50p/£1 per point to start with.

Re-apply straight away. It'll either work or it wont. I personally have a hunch that it will work.
I had to do it once, although I dont think it was with IG. I got rejected because my 'personal net worth' was too low (I just made some figures up on the spot)
I then re-applied 5 minutes later making out I was compeltely loaded, I was then accepted, and my account was opened and funded soon after.
As paz says, its just so they can cover their backs.

As far as other spreadbet firms go, i'd reccomend RBSMarketIndex and Smartlive, personally.

IMHO it's not gonna work you've been credit scored for the plus account..go with the limited risk, pay the extra pips for the guaranteed stop or choose another firm..

In hindsight it was, extremely naive of me. I'll reapply in a few months, hopefully they'll forget about me by then. Recommend any SB companies in the meantime?

Just reapply and lie your motherf***ing a$$ off. You shouldn't have a problem.