If you want to fail as a trader, study TA

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things that might help (no rules remember):rolleyes:
TE

Thanks for the tips. I have to come up with a process to follow now. I don't know enough to make it a perfect process yet, but I need to come up with something before I begin, otherwise I might as well just buy & sell randomly. I'll start working on that today. I have tons of notes and a ton of knowledge (a lot of it useless) in my head from past trading and watching markets and working at brokerage firms. I just need to put it together in a step-by-step.

Were you ever a professional gambler? I was reading a gambling book on horses yesterday and then one on blackjack and you sound very similar to the guys that wrote the books.

Ain't that the truth.

PM sent.

What's B&E?

:cheesy:

home-simpson-brain.jpg

:clap::clap::clap:

cat-eyes.jpg

TE

Brain & Eyes.

Saw this & thought of you...

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    154.2 KB · Views: 194
Thanks for the tips. I have to come up with a process to follow now. I don't know enough to make it a perfect process yet, but I need to come up with something before I begin, otherwise I might as well just buy & sell randomly. I'll start working on that today. I have tons of notes and a ton of knowledge (a lot of it useless) in my head from past trading and watching markets and working at brokerage firms. I just need to put it together in a step-by-step.

Were you ever a professional gambler? I was reading a gambling book on horses yesterday and then one on blackjack and you sound very similar to the guys that wrote the books.

Life%27s-a-Gamble.jpg

:clap:

sponge_bob_money_343120107052935.gif

TE

I had lost the pdf that I found many years ago, and it took me 2 minutes and 19 seconds of searching to find it again - here is the important bit extracted(y)

TE
So you said there was a way to overcome that glitch with the TICK? Do you have to make your own TICK indicator?

Hello to all of you. As i am in another time-zone it is mosttimes not possible to communicate with you online. Besides my native language in not English, so it takes some effort to understand some of what is written. However, i follow this thread with much interest, as it is about the truth in trading. When possible i drop in something (i hope) usefull. Stockmarkets were not invented for small gamblers/investors (now i understand it is gamblers!) like us. However they like the pickpocket we offer.

When googling the phrase "if the most recent price for a stock is equal" i found the whole document about $TICK. I advise everybody to do it and read it. It is just one A4. What i understand is that it is lagging 6 Sec and it is not telling the thruth. Like most data supplied by the market authorities. Why do they act like this? To hide the footprints of the elephants. The elephants do not like to show what they do. Our gambling should become very easy if we could see their cards open. As the elephants are the main customers of the market institutions, they are allowed to act as they do by the authorities.

I like googling a lot with the clues the Expert gives. So i found an aussie site which claims to be the only one publishing about the real game played at the stockmarket and a simular education traject the expert offers. It is about 26 pages very interesting, loaded with stuff. WHY TA DOESNT WORK (due to limitations of our brain, wrong pattern recognition, etc. It states that after the first publications about how the elephants work, these elephants changed their methods, to become invisible again. Other gamblers on this site can google for camron(dot)com(dot)au.

TE, can you explain again why to trade the us markets? My answer i can think of is: more fish in the sea and it is the market the other stockmarket follow. Good liquidity. What i see in Holland is morning gaps due to market movements in the US during closing hours of the AEX. It takes a bite in the tradable range. if there are any more reasons, i like to hear it.

TE, i like to become one of your students.

The best approach i could think of up untill now is: Screen 5 min, 30 stocks with liquidity, (respectable range), about 5 bars. Find a stair and jump. Thight money management. Mental state: Anything can happen. One of the things you made me see is that range is important. So i added this.

TE,

Q1: I need about € 1800 a month and my trading capital is about € 18000. Is this enough to earn a living with your help?
I have a job however. I am my own boss and am out about 3 days a week. I can reschedule to 2 days. which gives me plenty of trading opportunity. When profits start to run i can reschedule even more. US Market starts about H1500 afternoon.
Q2: Your learning curve is about 3month parts, and then the following 3 months, etc. Are you commited to help ourselves that long a period?

I opened a CFD account WH Selfinvest) 6 months ago. Did only papertrading however. I want the best approach. So is how i found you! Thanks for that.

I like googling a lot with the clues the Expert gives. So i found an aussie site which claims to be the only one publishing about the real game played at the stockmarket and a simular education traject the expert offers. It is about 26 pages very interesting, loaded with stuff. WHY TA DOESNT WORK (due to limitations of our brain, wrong pattern recognition, etc. It states that after the first publications about how the elephants work, these elephants changed their methods, to become invisible again. Other gamblers on this site can google for camron(dot)com(dot)au.
Geraldo, I'm not sure if I'm happy or depressed after reading the Camron website. The amount of information and all the things that nobody has a clue about is sort of overwhelming. It feels like I could spend the next year just trying to comprehend everything on that website let alone trying to figure out how to use it.

Seems like all I ever do is study and learn new things but end up getting nowhere. After reading that website I don't even know where to begin now, and that's not good because I'm getting older and older and older. Ugh !!!!!!!! :mad:

Seems like all I ever do is study and learn new things but end up getting nowhere. After reading that website I don't even know where to begin now, and that's not good because I'm getting older and older and older. Ugh !!!!!!!! :mad:

You begin by trading and seeing - small amounts at first.

Then make adjustments.

Keep it simple - don't suffer from analysis paralysis.

Charlton

Geraldo, I'm not sure if I'm happy or depressed after reading the Camron website. The amount of information and all the things that nobody has a clue about is sort of overwhelming. It feels like I could spend the next year just trying to comprehend everything on that website let alone trying to figure out how to use it.

Ok, Mac, we must teach ourselves. I just want to point out that TE is right. I could not find one thing mentionned there that doesn't indicate that nobody gives a **** about you or me. If you do not use it for learning, just grasshopp in it once in a while. We must be very persistent in learning. A quote: Observation indicates nearly 40% of daily volume is "jobbing volume". In other words, brokers having a "hit up" keeping the ball warm, the crowd entertained. The illusion of activity.

My words: The trouble with people is they want to do it the easy way, not the best way. The wrong interpretation of TA give ease. The right way gives the best. Charts can give some a small edge, they are happy with it. I'm not. I want the best. I am sure B&E
provides this. By the way, thanks for watching at the site! For me it means you take my words.... i do not timetravel, I just sleep when most of you fill the t2win.

Knowledge & insight come with experience. The idea is to stay in business long enough to gain a bit of experience, that's almost a catch 22. But it's why money management and risk control are so important.

Unfortunately many new, naive traders just dream about the gazillions they think they're going to make. Alex Elder calls them "babes in the wood." And most of us have been there at some point, unless you're Tim Sykes.

I dunno, maybe it helps to burn an account or two to learn the importance of risk management.

By the way (speaking of costs) cheers for the tip TE, I reckon I can pretty much halve my commission expenses.:cool:(y)

Last edited:
Are you a time traveller ?

Paul

Paul,

Firstly, I think your post, for a "content editor", is WAY OFF the mark:eek:

Secondly, you are then supported by a moderator:eek::eek:

I think BOTH of you owe Geraldo an apology, for, I can not see anything wrong with his post, what so ever, in fact, I think he has shown the essence of what these sites SHOULD be all about, but, when you have people in AUTHORITY replying like has happened, well, it makes you wonder, does it not:!:

TE

Hello to all of you. As i am in another time-zone it is mosttimes not possible to communicate with you online. Besides my native language in not English, so it takes some effort to understand some of what is written. However, i follow this thread with much interest, as it is about the truth in trading. When possible i drop in something (i hope) usefull. Stockmarkets were not invented for small gamblers/investors (now i understand it is gamblers!) like us. However they like the pickpocket we offer.

When googling the phrase "if the most recent price for a stock is equal" i found the whole document about $TICK. I advise everybody to do it and read it. It is just one A4. What i understand is that it is lagging 6 Sec and it is not telling the thruth. Like most data supplied by the market authorities. Why do they act like this? To hide the footprints of the elephants. The elephants do not like to show what they do. Our gambling should become very easy if we could see their cards open. As the elephants are the main customers of the market institutions, they are allowed to act as they do by the authorities.

TE, can you explain again why to trade the us markets? My answer i can think of is: more fish in the sea and it is the market the other stockmarket follow. Good liquidity. What i see in Holland is morning gaps due to market movements in the US during closing hours of the AEX. It takes a bite in the tradable range. if there are any more reasons, i like to hear it.

TE, i like to become one of your students.

The best approach i could think of up untill now is: Screen 5 min, 30 stocks with liquidity, (respectable range), about 5 bars. Find a stair and jump. Thight money management. Mental state: Anything can happen. One of the things you made me see is that range is important. So i added this.

TE,

Q1: I need about € 1800 a month and my trading capital is about € 18000. Is this enough to earn a living with your help?
I have a job however. I am my own boss and am out about 3 days a week. I can reschedule to 2 days. which gives me plenty of trading opportunity. When profits start to run i can reschedule even more. US Market starts about H1500 afternoon.
Q2: Your learning curve is about 3month parts, and then the following 3 months, etc. Are you commited to help ourselves that long a period?

I opened a CFD account WH Selfinvest) 6 months ago. Did only papertrading however. I want the best approach. So is how i found you! Thanks for that.

Hello Geraldo,

I hope you and your family are keeping well.

I apologise for the cold reception that has been extended to you, but, you can be rest assured that The Expert does not behave in such a manner towards those "who are willing to help themselves, and others".

Do not think you have to get your spellings correct, for, it is actions that matter most, not words.

I will be delighted to answer any questions you have by private e-mail, so, PM me your e-mail address and I will contact you directly, and, when The Expert says he will do something, you can rest assure it WILL happen.

Again, apologies for the cold reception that you encountered, and, if you would like to join our US Daytraders Social Group, you are more than welcome(y)

TE

Paul,

Firstly, I think your post, for a "content editor", is WAY OFF the mark:eek:

Secondly, you are then supported by a moderator:eek::eek:

I think BOTH of you owe Geraldo an apology, for, I can not see anything wrong with his post, what so ever, in fact, I think he has shown the essence of what these sites SHOULD be all about, but, when you have people in AUTHORITY replying like has happened, well, it makes you wonder, does it not:!:

TE

TE

I'm sure Paul can speak for himself, but surely just a light-hearted remark and in no way intended as a "cold reception".

Oh, and by the way, MrC is not a moderator.

Cheers

jon

You think a time difference of just one hour is sufficient justification for someone to be able to claim that he cannot be a regular communicator ?
You're more whacked out than he is.

My dear companion gambler: I hope your reading of the stock charts is better than the time zone charts. I am GMT -1, US market GMT +5.

Furthermore: I do not claim anything. I'm very glad to read all of your comments. Just do not to expect me to reply immediately. Mosttimes there is a night in between.

What means Whacked out?:love:

Remember: It takes strenght to be gentle and kind

Status
Not open for further replies.