Ichimoku kinku hyo

I have been looking around a bit, but.......

Attachments

• usdchf-h4-forex-capital-markets.png
    usdchf-h4-forex-capital-markets.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 474
Last edited:
GOLD-H4
As Ichimoku kinku hyo signal, Gold may drop down 1555.
Sell around 1577
Take profit : 1555
Stoploss : 1582
GOLDH4132013_zps700d037a.jpg

I like Ichimoku (9,17,26). It faster than Ichomoku (9,26,52)
This is what I love about TA merchants. Goichi spends 30 years of his life coming up with a ‘best fit’; yet anyone with probably significantly less than 30 years’ experience can come along with a ‘better’ set of parameters with absolutely no empirical basis nor reason for doing so other than ‘it’s faster’.

GOLD-H4
As Ichimoku kinku hyo signal, Gold may drop down 1555.
Sell around 1577
Take profit : 1555
Stoploss : 1582
GOLDH4132013_zps700d037a.jpg
You were stopped out speedy. Quite apart from suggesting an entry at a level which existed at the time you made your post. Any other advice on changing default parameters?

View attachment 157568

I am looking at the Senkou A cross B 26 periods ahead,

What do you think of the flat cloud ..? it is significant, Senkou B is the part of the cloud to watch...

Have a look on this thread for great info

http://charts.mql5.com/1/108/xauusd-h4-forex-capital-markets.png

Cheers, Steve
Steve, have you researched the IKH indicator? I doubt you have because if you had, you’d be aware of the significance of a ‘flat cloud’. Senkou B has no greater significance in and of itself than any other of the IKH set without appropriate context. And there you go recommending another thread for ‘great info’ yet you clearly know nothing of it yourself.

Why I love trading against the TA crowd is that they simply, in general, do not do their homework.

For those that are serious in their TA efforts, IKH isn’t bad for dynamic S&R. Price crossing Kijun is useful and price crossing Tenkan in a strong move is not a bad exit. But do yourselves a favour, do plenty of research, find out what the indicators are based upon and what they are telling you and think it through.

Steve, have you researched the IKH indicator? I doubt you have because if you had, you’d be aware of the significance of a ‘flat cloud’. Senkou B has no greater significance in and of itself than any other of the IKH set without appropriate context. And there you go recommending another thread for ‘great info’ yet you clearly know nothing of it yourself.

Why I love trading against the TA crowd is that they simply, in general, do not do their homework.

For those that are serious in their TA efforts, IKH isn’t bad for dynamic S&R. Price crossing Kijun is useful and price crossing Tenkan in a strong move is not a bad exit. But do yourselves a favour, do plenty of research, find out what the indicators are based upon and what they are telling you and think it through.

I started the post on 1 st March asking if anyone could point me to a thread so I could learn more,

A recommendation to another thread is my privilege Sir,
I was looking for a thread and I have found a good one,
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...23#post6486123
I won't worry too much about this thread any more, I shall look on the other one as recommended above,
I may post the previous chart though and will be interested to see how it develops,
Thanks for the positive advice about the Ichi though,
Cheers, Steve....

P.S. Manners and courtesy cost nothing

Last edited:
I started the post on 1 st March asking if anyone could point me to a thread so I could learn a more,

A recommendation to another thread is my privilege Sir,
I was looking for a thread and I have found a good one,
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...23#post6486123
I won't worry too much about this thread any more, I shall look on the other one as recommended above,
I may post the previous chart though and will be interested to see how it develops,
Thanks for the positive advice about the Ichi though,
Cheers, Steve....

Yet, so many people here have neither.
One thing you will find out in this business, Steve, is there are many more people trying to kick you down then will try to help you up. Persevere :)

Peter

Thanks very much for your post Wackypete..I shall take some encouragement from positive people, such as your good self, well done.

I/we have got to keep learning at all times, let's all keep posting honestly and learn,learn,learn, (y)
Here is the updated chart,
xauusd-h4-forex-capital-markets-19.png

Thanks

Steve, just for fun. You seek information. You can choose only one of the following two scenarios. You are confronted by:-
(a) Someone well groomed with nice manners, treats you with the utmost courtesy who knows less than you do or;
(b) Someone probably knowing more than you do, certainly giving you advice for free, no strings, but possibly delivering it with a demeanor chipped and bashed by long term exposure to the reality of the trenches.

If my manner offends you and has overshadowed any positives in what I have provided then that’s unfortunate. I’ll leave you to conduct your future exchanges with only nice people.

Steve, just for fun. You seek information. You can choose only one of the following two scenarios. You are confronted by:-
(a) Someone well groomed with nice manners, treats you with the utmost courtesy who knows less than you do or;
(b) Someone probably knowing more than you do, certainly giving you advice for free, no strings, but possibly delivering it with a demeanor chipped and bashed by long term exposure to the reality of the trenches.

If my manner offends you and has overshadowed any positives in what I have provided then that’s unfortunate. I’ll leave you to conduct your future exchanges with only nice people.

I have forgotten a lot of the Latin I used to know, but I still recognise the odd word here and there. So I had to google predicabo. Interestingly a search result came up that predicabo meant f***. I wondered at the stupidity of this for a few moments, before I found the real meaning, re I will preach. It's amazing how much wrong info you can find on the internet :p

I quite like preachers. Can you tell me why the default settings are better? I know you mentioned that they were 'best fit' but I'm not sure if that is a good or a bad thing. What is the value of ichimoku, and how can it be of value with arbitrary settings? Is it a filter?

You equate politeness with uneducated and ill-bred with knowledge??

Peter