Ichimoku Kinko Hyo

L_Arciprete

Whats your opinion on this technical indicator?

Personally, it has proven incredibly accurate on H1 charts and above..

Taking a long position two bars above the cloud, 14 of my first 19 trades made money. I thought I had found my holy grail. Then my next 14 trades lost a little each on all of that 14, but I still had 1/2 the money I had won on the first 19 trades. I began to test new filters and am winning again. With the choppy market, I had been making money at first, but not taking profits soon enough. This system has to be adjusted for swing trades to work in a choppy market. It is mostly a trend system, but we can make money on strong counter trends as well as trends if we act fast and set our targets correctly for the particular market. Ichimoku charts looks so busy until I got used to looking at them. Now that I have a trained eye I can see so much with one chart almost instantly. I suspect I'll always use this indicator.

It took some study to get used to it and a lot of testing to trust it, but I love Ichimoku and to your point, hourly and above are the stronger TFs for this system.

I have also used different settings. I applied a Dinapoli formula (8,17,9 - that is used for his MACD) to Ichimoku with some interesting results in choppier markets. The Ichimoku is ideally a trend indicator (as are most). But the faster settings provide some opportunity in faster moving, choppy markets.