IB spread

jamespp83

Can anyone tell me why when i use IB brokers demo platform and do an FX market order I never get filled at the price on the screen? In fact I get spreads of upto 10 pips. When I use someone like fxcm I get the price on the screen but with Ib its crazy the prices they give me

thanks for your help

Looks like you don"t have live acc at IB.So "demo" that you can get is pure c-r-a-p...Once when you open acc you can get demo that reflects current spot price.Demo that you have can give you an idea how their platform looks like and that"s it.I think that prices on that "demo" are from day before.
Their FXTrader is quite good and in general they are more that decent broker.Good execution,low commission,tight spread,highly capitalized,well insured and of cause registered..what more could you wish..??
Cheers,
VTK

Looks like you don"t have live acc at IB.So "demo" that you can get is pure c-r-a-p...Once when you open acc you can get demo that reflects current spot price.Demo that you have can give you an idea how their platform looks like and that"s it.I think that prices on that "demo" are from day before.
Their FXTrader is quite good and in general they are more that decent broker.Good execution,low commission,tight spread,highly capitalized,well insured and of cause registered..what more could you wish..??
Cheers,
VTK

Do you have an opinion for MB trading? I was looking at thier system and its much nicer than IB plus the spreads seem the equal.

Have had demo with them for quite long time...Think that they are ok.Peeps around are more or less giving them decent ratings.
If you are day trader and you have few trades in a day their commission can be issue.Download their demo and make few trades.Than check commission.It seems to me that they are discouraging day trading with commission expenses.Compared to IB they are rip offs.
Generally IMHO IB beats them almost in every single thing.Only bad thing that i can think of is IBs customer service that sometimes is sloppy.
And if you would like to make deposit of just lets say 1K,you can do it with MBT but not with IB.You got to have 10K to play on IBs platform.
P.S.
Spreads should not concern you much as with MBT and IB you are paying just commission,not spread.Remember,they are kind of ECN.
Best,
VTK

Can anyone tell me why when i use IB brokers demo platform and do an FX market order I never get filled at the price on the screen? In fact I get spreads of upto 10 pips. When I use someone like fxcm I get the price on the screen but with Ib its crazy the prices they give me

thanks for your help
It depends on how you are trading as to how you get filled. A market order is saying to your broker "fill me immediately regardless of the price" so if they attempt to fill you immediately in a fast moving market you may get a different price than you thought you would get! That's your fault, not theirs.

But anyway, don't worry about what happens in demo, it's just a game. Trading on demo is like trying to learn martial arts by playing Mortal Kombat!

If MB allow you to trade with a piddling amount like 1k then they're probably looking for suckers.