IB & Sierra

oatman

Here we go,

I'm trading thru IB with Tenfore/Indexia charts. Tenfore don't cover all markets, so I'm looking at Sierra from IB. Where do I find a list of symbols please? I want to look at Ftse Fut, mini Dow and those US Stocks that everyone here is cleaning up on! :cheesy:

Cheers

For example the ES mini is ES-200309-GLOBEX
The dow Emini i s YM-200309-ACE

JonnyT

Thanks Jonny, I've got the examples but wondered if there's a list as I can't see Ftse Fut.

The Sierra symbols are the same format that IB uses. Therefore FTSE future is, I believe, Z-200309-LIFFE

H.

Thanks Henry, it dawned on me while I was out, that Jonny was telling me that. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Got a couple of charts running, proper market today, at last. How do I save them and will they update offline?

Cheers

The charts will not update offline, you have to stay connected to IB.

You can however get the data from MyTrack and copy the files over. If you drop me your email address I'll forward a batch file as an example.

JonnyT

OK mate, no problem, I was hoping to be able to pick up from Sierra. I trade off 1min anyway so I'm not too bothered while I'm experimenting. I'll be in touch when I know what I'm doing :rolleyes: :cheesy: How much is Mytrack?

Cheers

I'll keep the feed running, but how do I save the charts so I can just call them up tomorrow for instance?

Cheers

Errr ... you could always press the Save button :cheesy:

That will save the Chartbook as you have it - then tomorrow just Open Chartbook, and you'll have your data (minus the overnight stuff when your PC was switched off).

Ah ha...I've hit that one but couldn't see anything happen but on closer inspection, I get your drift. :rolleyes:

Cheers

oatman said:
how do I save the charts so I can just call them up tomorrow for instance?

They are saved automatically. The File/Save menu just saves the chart settings etc. The data is stored to disk as it comes in, so you don't need to do anything

Whilst what Peter said is true, if you just open charts i.e. not through a saved Chartbook then next time you want them you wil have to open each and every one of them individually.

JonnyT

JonnyT said:
Whilst what Peter said is true, if you just open charts i.e. not through a saved Chartbook then next time you want them you wil have to open each and every one of them individually.

True, but whatever data had been stored in those charts previously will remain in the files, and be displayed if you do reopen them.

Thanks, I opened from Chartbook this AM and everything seems OK. Do you leave YM open when the DOW is closed?

Cheers

Hi Oatman,

The futures open for longer than the indices. If you want that data from the IB feed then the answer is yes. If you are only bothered about 14:30-21:00 UK time then you only need it open then.

JonnyT