Ian's Day Trading Journal

ian23

Will be doing another combine @ topsteptrader. This time on the 30 year bonds. 10 days with profit objective of $3500. Account parameters are $1000 daily stop loss with 5 contracts buying power. I do not intent to use either of them.

Game plan:
1. Trade small
2. Trade well
3. Get the account

Will start it of tomorrow.

Purpose of the journal is so I can keep track of my daily trades with the bonds, discover some of my weaknesses and hopefully discover some strengths that I can build on.
I am a gold trader but think I will find this experience very helpful in enhancing my tape reading abilities and to work on my patience.

So not what I had in mind for the first day. Got in at a good level in the morning but took profits off too early thinking the action will start when the pits open. Well it did not and I failed to capitalize on the little range that was going on the whole way through the US session. At some point I got bored and did a few scalps in Gold just to have it as a backup in this account. Did not trade it well as it was at the end of the allowed session for gold but now I am in it for the rest of the combine and will have to take a trade or two in gold everyday.

Well my main focus will remain on the Bonds with this account but I will add a Gold trade here and there every day.

Did too many small bs trades and cashed up down for the day. :(Nothing was running hence the bigger losses than winners and hopefully I can fix that tomorrow.

OK had time to think about what I did here - yesterday - and it seems that I traded so poorly because of a bad start. I mean that first trade was good but cutting it short to come back later for the action frustrated me because it was sort of clear that I missed the good move for the day. So In the US session I sat around in the middle of a range and failed to cash in on the small moves as I wanted to get the big move that I had the morning but messed up.

So note to self here - Every now and then just step back, check the market state and adjust accordingly.

Attachments

• Bonds 1.JPG
    Bonds 1.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 278
Last edited: