I need help!

MALDINI

Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum, first post!

I was using a demo account on Trading212 and messing around with Gold (no particular reason for gold) at the moment i'm not trying to make money i'm simply getting a feel for the site/app.

I reduce my virtual money to a pretty small amount because that's how I will be starting off in reality.

Gold is a CFD, I didn't really know what that was, i'm still not 100% tbh. As you can imagine not before too long the price dropped and the platform is wanting me to add funds to keep the position open, which I don't, boom position closed and I have lost most of my money (virtual money).

I also have a demo account on etoro, it's not clear (to me) before you open them what is a CFD and what isn't.

My question is, if I buy say... £1,000 of Royal Mail shares(random company) on etoro and the price crashes, what happens? they aren't a CFD. etoro doesn't let me reduce my virtual funds.

Grazie

Last edited:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks