I must be missing somethin...S&P no data today?

TheDuder_69

I guess I am missing something here...I noticed today there aint no data for the S&P on Google Finance, from my broker, on other general data chatys over the internet. Hell...that makes trading a challenge!:)

Anyone who is willing to light me up??

Tanks

dude

DUH

And another thing - you're mean't to wear your clogs on yer feet not over your ears !!

LOL

Try Forex Factory - its free

Tue
Jan 19 5:00am JPY Household Confidence 37.6 40.3 39.5
9:30am GBP CPI y/y 2.6% 1.9%
9:30am GBP Core CPI y/y 2.3% 1.9%
9:30am GBP RPI y/y 2.1% 0.3%
10:00am EUR German ZEW Economic Sentiment 49.8 50.4
10:00am EUR ZEW Economic Sentiment 48.2 48.0
Tentative GBP BOE Inflation Letter
1:30pm CAD Leading Index m/m 1.1% 1.3%
2:00pm CAD BOC Rate Statement
2:00pm CAD Overnight Rate 0.25% 0.25%
2:00pm USD TIC Long-Term Purchases 30.3B 20.7B
6:00pm USD NAHB Housing Market Index 17 16
7:00pm GBP BOE Gov King Speaks
9:45pm NZD CPI q/q 0.0% 1.3%
9:45pm NZD FPI m/m -0.3%
11:30pm AUD Westpac Consumer Sentiment -3.8%
11:50pm

If your are looking for data on S&P futures, you can also go to www.cmegroup.com. This is the exchange site which has delayed late on most of the US futures market that trade through Chicago. (This includes contracts that once traded on the NYMEX (Energies, Metals)

Hope this helps

I guess I am missing something here...I noticed today there aint no data for the S&P on Google Finance, from my broker, on other general data chatys over the internet. Hell...that makes trading a challenge!:)

Anyone who is willing to light me up??

Tanks

dude

Try Forex Factory - its free

Tue
Jan 19 5:00am JPY Household Confidence 37.6 40.3 39.5
9:30am GBP CPI y/y 2.6% 1.9%
9:30am GBP Core CPI y/y 2.3% 1.9%
9:30am GBP RPI y/y 2.1% 0.3%
10:00am EUR German ZEW Economic Sentiment 49.8 50.4
10:00am EUR ZEW Economic Sentiment 48.2 48.0
Tentative GBP BOE Inflation Letter
1:30pm CAD Leading Index m/m 1.1% 1.3%
2:00pm CAD BOC Rate Statement
2:00pm CAD Overnight Rate 0.25% 0.25%
2:00pm USD TIC Long-Term Purchases 30.3B 20.7B
6:00pm USD NAHB Housing Market Index 17 16
7:00pm GBP BOE Gov King Speaks
9:45pm NZD CPI q/q 0.0% 1.3%
9:45pm NZD FPI m/m -0.3%
11:30pm AUD Westpac Consumer Sentiment -3.8%
11:50pm

Yeach... FF is also on my list, but yesterday there was just a blanc space on their calendar giving me the impression that there were just no announcements at all that day (which I rare, I realize just now), but at least it could list the public holiday in my opinion.:)

get yourslef into a rhythmn. Once you really understand what these things represent, rather than just looking at a daily calender in the morning and being purely reactive to them (which I suspect is where you are now) they will cease to be quite so abstract and, for example, US holidays won't come as a shock to you as you'll already be readin a week or so ahead about liquidity conditions, long weekend in the US etc. Nothing too complex / esoteric, this is just basic market stuff that, if you don't know it, means you simply aren't serious about trading. It's just someone messing about as a hobby unless they get a handle on this stuff.

Dig deeper.

GJ

get yourslef into a rhythmn. Once you really understand what these things represent, rather than just looking at a daily calender in the morning and being purely reactive to them (which I suspect is where you are now) they will cease to be quite so abstract and, for example, US holidays won't come as a shock to you as you'll already be readin a week or so ahead about liquidity conditions, long weekend in the US etc. Nothing too complex / esoteric, this is just basic market stuff that, if you don't know it, means you simply aren't serious about trading. It's just someone messing about as a hobby unless they get a handle on this stuff.

Dig deeper.

GJ

[*serious mode: on]

Thanks of the recap of what you think what kind of trader I am. I didn' t realize I was just looking at the daily calendar and purely reactive to it (apparently) But now knowing that, it comes as such a relief.

Thanks so much for sharing your wisdom.

[*serious mode: off]