I finally did it!

Nowler

Experienced member
I have finally done it!
I made back the 67% I lost back when I started in 2017 🕺

37 months since I first began to trade... around 1,400 trades
If I wasn't working in the morning, I would get SOOOOO drunk :)

Not getting too carried away though as I am only +3%
Could very well slip back into unprofitable with a few small losses in a row.
In fact, with the run I've been on, it's probable that I will at least slip back into the red a little.

The main thing is that I finally reached my goal by clawing my way back up the side of the cliff I fell off :)

Last edited:
Next goal is to attempt to achieve circa 20% returns per year.
Finished last year on 17%, so hopefully I can build on that by years end ;)

Though... that's not so much the NEXT goal, as it is an ongoing goal.

I have finally done it!
I made back the 67% I lost back when I started in 2017 🕺
Not getting too carried away though as I am only +3%

Think of it this way - you are up 3% in 3 years, everyone else is down at least 14%. You're a winner!

ww.png

Trading fewer things at one time, and waiting for opportunities has been key. My win rate is roughly 40%... but when I get those bigger moves that go in my favour, it totally makes up for getting shaken out of a position so often when I am trying to add to it.

Whether it be Brexit, UK elections, Oil, or Silver... situations will always pop up.

I need to put some learning resources into evaluating companies now. Understanding how to gauge the health of a company. What to look for in annual reports

Last edited:
Just came across my risk of ruin to-date taken late 2017!
Remember that old gem!! lol
Funny to compare it to what it is today :)

What a difference a little time and effort makes.

From a 99.99% chance of losing 100% of my account in 75 trades, to <0.01% chance of losing 100% of my account in 1429 trades :cool:

Attachments

• Risk of Ruin November 2017.png
    Risk of Ruin November 2017.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 190
  • Risk of Ruin June 2020.PNG
    Risk of Ruin June 2020.PNG
    18.5 KB · Views: 139
Congratulations ! :)

And don't knock losses ...

After all, most Governments have managed to clock up losses of 67% in just a few weeks of late !

I couldn't lose money that fast if I strained all my efforts into dong it.

:ROFLMAO:

Congratulations ! :)

And don't knock losses ...

After all, most Governments have managed to clock up losses of 67% in just a few weeks of late !

I couldn't lose money that fast if I strained all my efforts into dong it.

:ROFLMAO:

It's impressive what they have done, lol
I can't wait to see how all of this plays out

The losses provided me with a challenge to overcome.
I'm glad it happened the way it did.
My first few trades were all positive...

ME: I'm a prodigy!
Market: Hold my beer ~Snatches rug from under me~

I still get a little cocky at times, but the market is nice enough to remind me where I stand.

It's nuts to think that I never even knew that trading was a thing until I was 28.
Especially when you see how much I love this game!

Just goes to show... you gotta keep trying things in life.
If I stuck to the usual, I'd still be sitting on my arse back in rural Ireland, blaming the system for being out to get me :unsure:

The losses provided me with a challenge to overcome. I'm glad it happened the way it did. My first few trades were all positive...
ME: I'm a prodigy!
Market: Hold my beer ~Snatches rug from under me~
Many, many moons ago I cut my teeth at a prop/arcade and did quite well - I was very very lucky and didn't know enough to understand that I was. Over a few years, I witnessed several "prodigies" entering that rug-free zone - some of them gradually and some of them in that now-you-see-it-now you-don't manner that the markets do so well. To a man, they disappeared off the face of the earth, never to be heard of again. The fact that you"re still around AND solvent, does you credit.
Just goes to show... you gotta keep trying things in life.
If I stuck to the usual, I'd still be sitting on my arse back in rural Ireland, blaming the system for being out to get me :unsure:
You're not wrong: the system IS out to get you. The trick is not to let it😛

You're not wrong: the system IS out to get you. The trick is not to let it😛

Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean people are not out to get me 🤷‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:

I would love to be taken in my a prop firm, or a mentor.
I have so much to learn still... much of which I can do on my own... but it would still be nice to be with like-minded people daily. Obviously the financial backing would be a bad thing either, lol

I considered the course offered by Amplify trading, in London, but 1.5k is too much for me to hand over.
Putting that 1.5k in my account would put me in a nice place :)

On saying that...
This forum has been invaluable to me!!
I have been helped by so many... some still here, and some not.
What a great place!