How to win trading & when not to trade (I have 1 month real live record so far)

Re: How to win trading & when not to trade (I have 1 month real live record so far)

thanks bedsit. have a nice holiday too. thanks for replying my lonely forum.
where are you going on vacation ? time to enjoy ur hard earned money.
It's a great sharp trending market this week plenty of scalping opportunity.

I make money v slowly these past 5 days. only gain almost 6k.I cannot wait to get back to the U.S and start making 3k per day as usual. and I am still averaging down.

Re: How to win trading & when not to trade (I have 1 month real live record so far)

Hi Tommason.

I've already been on holiday for a month. I went to the seaside and was so relaxed and enjoying that I completely ignored the markets, news etc.

IMO It's good to take a break from trading occasionally.

yes bedsit I agree in fact we are on vacation. enjoy!!

for everyone I will put my monthly statement later for june and july.
on June I was down 6k compare to May because of one day $10k losses from ****ed up internet provider.
and July hopefuly I will end up with more than 6k. so far I am up more than 8k. however this July trade was without my workspaces as internet in my country is so slow.
TTYL

how am i supposed to respond to that ?
call you Mr Bedshyt ?

you tw@t

oh, you win
well done

When joining T2W my intention was to learn how to be a better trader, not to get involved in petty arguments. I couldn't resist not answering to your post #84 as I found it offensive. Anyway in the future I would ignore it, so everybody happy.

Peace.

"offensive" ????

don't you think you rather over-reacted to a friendly jibe ?

"offensive" ????

don't you think you rather over-reacted to a friendly jibe ?

While posting I was trading and some trades didn't go as planned – so I got a bit annoyed.:mad:
This caused my overreaction – I'll try to avoid it in the future.

Apologies.:(

:)
let's have a beer, my shout ?

as I promised here are my trading results from June, July and august 2010.

I lost around 3000 during June when I took my summer class
and then win on subsequent month July ($10k) and August ($9K) while do some little trading in my country on Vacation mode.

Actually I already won more than 9k during August but I ended up giving $13k back to the market even but I still managed to net profit 9k. I screwed up in gold market and click too much contract. gees my stupidness. so currently on September i am trying to get my lost 13k back:mad:

The weird thing is I can win without looking at my real time charts I just look at the lagging charts.

I also attach some of my daily trading execution in excel format just in case u want to see my averaging down techniques.

I do still do averaging down most of the time. any critics and questions are welcomed.(y)

Be careful trading SP500 is about to expire. :!:

Attachments

• MONTHLY trading statement AUGUST 2010.pdf
    278.6 KB · Views: 275
  • MONTHLY trading statement JULY 2010.pdf
    261 KB · Views: 227
  • MONTHLY trading statement June 2010.pdf
    504.2 KB · Views: 235
  • NinjaTrader Executions 2010-08-23 12-01-08.xlsx
    11.9 KB · Views: 157
  • NinjaTrader Executions 2010-08-17 08-01-52.xlsx
    20.4 KB · Views: 175
  • NinjaTrader Executions 2010-08-17 08-01-52.xls
    48 KB · Views: 258
  • NinjaTrader Executions 2010-08-16 12-18-58.xlsx
    14.5 KB · Views: 178
  • NinjaTrader Executions 2010-08-16 12-18-58.xls
    31.5 KB · Views: 269
  • NinjaTrader Executions 2010-08-24 12-29-35.xlsx
    16.4 KB · Views: 151
  • NinjaTrader Executions 2010-08-25 14-34-07.xlsx
    20.1 KB · Views: 157
  • NinjaTrader Executions 2010-09-03 11-43-50.xlsx
    24.4 KB · Views: 160

**** i'm down to my last 10K from 33k= 23k down , i think because back in my country I trade using the tapes, price action, Bloomberg calendar and lagging html charts. I was pretty annoyed,but i adapted and have succes with it. Now that I came back to United States I have my REAL TIME charts,but I think I kinda have to get used to it . ahh I promised ill make it back. at least I'm not adding more capital . I was so stupid emotionally, but im trying to get my self confidence back.

I'll update u all later. someone post something I havent talked to you in many months

aite today im up to 18k and take 1k for my paycheck. so net 17k. I need to take my profit little by litle if not it would end up owned by the market. get to keep my composure

I played currency futures (not forex) since 2 days ago after FOMC announcement & has been profitable but again this one was easy trade because price already shoots up and im only scalping little by little on the short side.
I just noticed I have this huge leverage on currency futures its like 500 per 1 contract.
for some reason im not comfortable playing e mini S&P i dont know why.

hi guys just update I managed to get net 15657 positive on September. I withdraw about 7500 from that net profit. and I do still averaging down. sometimes i get caught with my margin because of my strategy and I did get a margin call last Friday, I had drawdown like almost 20k. but ended up down only 6K at the end of October1st. Anyway the next monday and today I made it back plus 2k profit.
let me know if u have any questions. you guys are bored ?

looks like nobody cares about my statement ,so I consider not to upload unless you guys ask.

BEGINNING BALANCE 20,458.51
THIS MONTH'S ACTIVITY 8,107.09
ENDING BALANCE 28,565.60
NET FUTURES P&L 15,647.09
ACCOUNT VALUE AT MARKET 28,565.60
TOTAL COMMISSIONS 7,019.00-
TOTAL CLEARING FEES 663.90-
TOTAL EXCHANGE FEES 6,564.60-
TOTAL NFA FEES 44.16-
TRADE DATE BALANCE 28,565.60

Can't you get those commissions and fees down somewhat?

Shaqone yoyoyo, how are you ?? long time no talking:clap:
I think that's the cheapest they have. I mean my way of trading is scalping so my commission is scary. hahaha I should become exchange member to get lower comm.
I am going to hedge fund incubator this Friday maybe they can help but they trade equities. They want to interview me regarding my performance that I put on my resume. I hope it is not scam. ill keep u posted.

Hi guys here are my biggest winning in a day. I want you to see my averaging down/up scalp method.
today, I made slightly more than 13,000 minus comm&fees of ~1500 so net 12500.

side note:
This month was the worst i ever perform my account was down below ~10,000 twice. I was almost get a heart attack LOL. (last month was below 10k only once. this month is real banging my head.
the first happened about last week or 2 weeks ago and this week.
However, I made it up really fast for the second one since today is option expiration day.
2 days ago I lost about 8k, then today i made 12.5 k.(crazy stupid me!) , nonetheless I already take out 5k net profit for this month. enough to pay my expenses.

for shakone:
I think I found a broker (cannontrading.com), they have about half comm & fees cheaper and lower margin than my current broker. I might open with them. but im not sure how reliable they are. Thanks for the warning Shakone!

any critics are welcome, since i been trading stupidly and desperately

Attachments

• NinjaTrader Executions 2010-10-15 14-58-38.xlsx
    45.5 KB · Views: 196
  • NinjaTrader Performance Report October 15,2010.xlsx
    10.4 KB · Views: 222

I think cannontrading have half cheaper commission & fees.
i might switch we'll see.

Hi Tommason,

interesting thread, thanks for posting it. I've had a +ve albeit limited experience scaling in trades myself, trading currencies and indicies on short time frames. I have found averaging in particularly effective when implementing it in line with the current trend. I have also used a martingale approach (i.e. increasing risk size on 2nd, 3rd trades). It's important in my opinion to limit total risk within pre-defined parameters.
One drawback of the approach is that you can't go all in from the onset at trade 1, although should the market move in your favour right away, you can always increase your stake upward (always maintaining total risk in check).

Keep up the good work and I hope you keep posting

but I also get scewed by my avg down techniques. One market that is scewing me the most was Gold.
other than that other was alright. I think it's because gold is due for correction so scaling on the buy side was so stupid of me. its so overbought i know that but i just need someone to remind me the level.

but I tried my best to keep capital preservation. I went down below 10k like three times this month just because of gold!! I tried to keep my account above 20-27k.

so far I have profitable month & I dont need additional capital,but this month was my worst performance. hope i can survive by end of the month
good luck with ur trading

Hi Tommason,

interesting thread, thanks for posting it. I've had a +ve albeit limited experience scaling in trades myself, trading currencies and indicies on short time frames. I have found averaging in particularly effective when implementing it in line with the current trend. I have also used a martingale approach (i.e. increasing risk size on 2nd, 3rd trades). It's important in my opinion to limit total risk within pre-defined parameters.
One drawback of the approach is that you can't go all in from the onset at trade 1, although should the market move in your favour right away, you can always increase your stake upward (always maintaining total risk in check).

Keep up the good work and I hope you keep posting