How to trade any market on any time frame

Newtron Bomb has thrown his toys out of the pram and edited out his posts, referring to people as haters and plebs. Nice. True colours didn't take long to come out did they?

He can bring it on because people who make a dishonest living should be ashamed of themselves. (n)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have I got this right?

Newtron Bomb has been attacked because he was/is a vendor, yet has provided useful and interesting content.

Mr. F is not (as far as we know) a vendor, yet provided nothing but unmitigated nonsense and tripe.

Regardless of whether someone is a vendor or not , if they choose to provide information and discussion which is useful with no strings attached and no overt advertising, why do they get such a hard time?

I totally understand and support dismissing outright scammers and blatant advertising, but surely it's better to wait until someone actually falls foul of the guidelines than to hang them on the possibility they might?

ok well lets look at what was said:

OP stated the reason he has long positions in ES, NQ & YM is diversification. OP asserts he hasn't increased his risk and that said instruments will not necessarily move in the same way.

This has got to be the worst example of diversifying I have ever seen. :whistling
He also said he had open positions in other markets iirc, eurusd / gbpusd, he also mentioned gold setting up. So maybe that would be a more complete picture of what he said.

Have I got this right?
Newtron Bomb has been attacked because he was/is a vendor, yet has provided useful and interesting content.
Depends on your view of events. From what I saw, he's returned for one day, and immediately managed to break the rules by posting a sig link, apparently posted his thread as a BEST THREAD (don't know how that happened), posted some material which some people disagreed with and then complained about skewed treatment for vendors and how they had advertising links (hypocritical). Cablemonster mentioned that his pip claims from his site sound iffy (this what you meant by attack?), then Newtron Bomb called us plebs and deleted said material in a tantrum, demonstrating he's not really interested in providing interesting and useful content. And worse he lacks basic manners.

Regardless of whether someone is a vendor or not , if they choose to provide information and discussion which is useful with no strings attached and no overt advertising, why do they get such a hard time?

I totally understand and support dismissing outright scammers and blatant advertising, but surely it's better to wait until someone actually falls foul of the guidelines than to hang them on the possibility they might?

For the first paragraph I agree completely, they shouldn't get a hard time. Except that N-Bomb has failed the advertising part of that, and he's withdrawn the information, and he's not interested in discussion, or he would discuss rather than delete.

Whether he's an outright scammer I don't know. He hasn't explained the 25,000 pips complaint from Cablemonster. So is this a lie or not? If it is, he becomes an outright scammer, no?

One day perhaps there will be a vendor who deals with these complaints and disagreements in a non-childish way and either explains the pip count error and corrects it, or shows evidence that he has made those pips. Not holding my breath though. Maybe N-Bomb will do just that now.

Last edited:
Do you give the checkout girl at Aldi a good kicking for being vendor scum?

But you've given me a good idea. It's market day on Thursday in my local town and the place is full of vendors: Flowers 7 plants, bric-a-brac, vegetables, linens and clothing, watch straps etc. What say we meet up, put on some white robes and a pointed hat and go ride into town and shake them thar vendors up a tad, eh? Yehaaaarrrr!

But you've given me a good idea. It's market day on Thursday in my local town and the place is full of vendors: Flowers 7 plants, bric-a-brac, vegetables, linens and clothing, watch straps etc. What say we meet up, put on some white robes and a pointed hat and go ride into town and shake them thar vendors up a tad, eh? Yehaaaarrrr!

Reductio ad absurdum? Doesn't apply here for me.

If you go to a supermarket, you go to buy some product or look around. It is expected that things will be on sale. This forum is not N-Bomb's shop is it? Not everyone has come here to be sold things.

To me a better comparison is if I'm sitting with some friends having a discussion over coffee, or in a pub and someone approaches us to sell some DVDs, even though of course selling DVDs is not allowed in the pub. Then someone in the party questions whether they are dodgy DVDs or low quality, because he's heard something about this seller, and the DVD seller throws a tantrum and insults everybody at the table, plebs, haters, stupid, ugly he says, and then wants to walk off.

Your sympathy lies with the DVD seller? Can see we will probably never agree on that issue :)

If N-Bomb wants to allay the criticisms of his pip count history and whatever else, then I'm all ears. If not, then I suspect he is just popping in the pub every every couple of years to drum up a bit of business.

Last edited:

I dont think the act of selling goods and services is the issue here. It is whether these goods and services are as described and whether buyers are being misled that is the issue. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
What I'm having difficulty spotting Shakone (and everybody else that's on the vendor warpath) is where anything has been offered for sale or offered on any kind of commercial basis whatsoever.

To re-utilise your analogy - guy who hasn't been around recently comes into pub and starts chatting with old mates on subject they are all interested in.

I dont think the act of selling goods and services is the issue here. It is whether these goods and services are as described and whether buyers are being misled that is the issue. :eek:
Which goods and services are you referring to? That's what I'm missing.

Reinstated at timsk's request

Firstly I'm a big kid when it comes to haters - I have zero tolerance for stupidity as such you now go on the ignore list.

No-one needs haters like you in their lives all I can say is that you must be truly ugly on the inside to be so vengeful and hating towards someone you have never met or had contact with EVER.

Oh dont play the emotion card making me out to be the bad guy. Who is the person who lives off immoral earnings? 25070 pips in 2012 called live in your room? Really? Show me some evidence and I will gladly apologise. You no longer use that strategy, I guess it stopped working did it?

I am not a hater I am a scam stopper. Dont you feel any guilt taking all this money from vulnerable people?

What I'm having difficulty spotting Shakone (and everybody else that's on the vendor warpath) is where anything has been offered for sale or offered on any kind of commercial basis whatsoever.

To re-utilise your analogy - guy who hasn't been around recently comes into pub and starts chatting with old mates on subject they are all interested in.

I'm not on any warpath. I seem to have been insulted for pointing out that the vendor has put a link in his sig which I consider advertising. His reaction to some valid (imo) criticism has not served him well.

Trying to sell something does not require a transaction. Advertising is trying to sell something. Posting a link, which links fairly quickly to your goods is trying to sell. Putting that link in your sig is trying to sell on every single post you make.

I don't know if this pip claim is a scam, but you are against outright scammers. The criticism has been put forward, and he became abusive.

Before that, he posted some standard pullback in a trend material. Nothing wrong with that. Then again, he was here two years ago, madea couple of posts, someone questioned the pip count and off he went again.

Last edited:
Trading success is around 50% money management, 30% mindset/psychology and 20% technical method.

This MA system with pullback entry could work the turtles and jack schwager have used similar methods and did ok.

If Phil has good MM rules and the correct mindset i see no reason why this system would not work. Alot of pros use simple systems now and again you may get 5 or 6 losers on the bounce but thats trading.

I cant see why people think hes a scammer if hes doing these trades in a live room? fair enough he hasnt posted his broker statements up but he hasnt got to do that for anyone i wouldnt.

Have I got this right?

Mr. F is not (as far as we know) a vendor, yet provided nothing but unmitigated nonsense and tripe.

:eek::cry: lol

You are at least correct on the first part - ie I am no vendor

And with regards to the second part -" I provide unmitigated nonsense and tripe"

No - I don't work for the Finance Industry or any division of any bank ;-)

Regards

F

I cant agree here either tbh. I dont feel i need to pay any attention to size / order flow or news to have a handle on the market. An MA is the 'average price', nothing more nothing less, all i need to know is if prices are trading stronger or weaker relative to the average price. Aiming to trade a pullback is simply trying to operate at a better than current price, again nothing special in that imo.

I have a "feeling" that size/orderflow or news might, well, be used by professionals and that, therefore, I should pay attention to them. Perhaps, I would be more profitable if I did. I don't, though. I am a chartist and use averages, trendlines as my tools-

I should not be reading this interesting thread, I have been happily using other averages for some years. Now, look what Phil has gone and done! I have to spend my weekend going over his 10, 34 and 60 averages, now, when I could be playing the latest SWAT game with my grandson.

Welcome back, though, Phil. The site always needs good threads.

Good to see we are back in the "twighlight" Vendor Zone ..........its never going to go away

if you go to ANY forum where making money is being discussed (from gambling to Property to stamp collecting to antique watches to selling cars ...... etc etc) there are "Experts" who are well established as long time members , contributors , Thread starters , even moderators for gods sake .......

and ........(gasp).....many of them offer/sell their services for money......imagine that ?

to me its simply all about transparency ........and ensuring any person that comes to the forum knows they are dealing with a vendor and that any communications and correspondance will have that slant on the discussion points

so anyone who has been or is a vendor needs to reflect that in their avatar area (as happens).....and if T2W ever went the route of allowing general advertising they create an area that allows Vendors to advertise and pay for that service - and Caveat Emptor .......

to be honest i prefer a vendor to be showing their colours with websites / videos ...... it then takes me about 5 minutes to decide if I will ever decide to take the person seriously or not .....it doesnt take long does it .......

Phils a very experienced trader and a vendor ............so what ?...........if hes telling porkeys and not providing value for services provided then hes not going to last long here as many will flame him .....

the sword cuts both ways when you try to open up a shopfront here

N

Last edited:
Good to see we are back in the "twighlight" Vendor Zone ..........its never going to go away

if you go to ANY forum where making money is being discussed (from gambling to Property to stamp collecting to antique watches to selling cars ...... etc etc) there are "Experts" who are well established as long time members , contributors , Thread starters , even moderators for gods sake .......

and ........(gasp).....many of them offer/sell their services for money......imagine that ?

to me its simply all about transparency ........and ensuring any person that comes to the forum knows they are dealing with a vendor and that any communications and correspondance will have that slant on the discussion points

so anyone who has been or is a vendor needs to reflect that in their avatar area (as happens).....and if T2W ever went the route of allowing general advertising they create an area that allows Vendors to advertise and pay for that service - and Caveat Emptor .......

to be honest i prefer a vendor to be showing their colours with websites / videos ...... it then takes me about 5 minutes to decide if I will ever decide to take the person seriously or not .....it doesnt take long does it .......

Phils a very experienced trader and a vendor ............so what ?...........if hes telling porkeys and not providing value for services provided then hes not going to last long here as many will flame him .....

the sword cuts both ways when you try to open up a shopfront here

N

The problem is though there could be a decent vendor but without him offering broker statements etc as proof then they are flamed without a chance, when they could actually be offering a decent service.

No way someone could trade in a live room for years and be losing a fortune the word would be out, i dont think hes telling porkies but that does not mean many could trade his system and make a profit.

i dont think hes telling porkies but that does not mean many could trade his system and make a profit.

aye .......(y).....theres the key ...........successful trading is a very very personal journey in my opinion ............

you can only really buy the basics in using courses and perhaps the elements of the system you develop .........

the rest is very very personal.....

then again i think most traders need a mentor / coach to keep you fresh and focused

no one can do it year in year out without some external support and input

but pro trading coaching is a different story completely

N

Last edited:
Phil newton has a special offer on the bottom page of his website with a video showing his latest results, it is thousands of points/pips since october 2013 til end of year. This is like over $50000 profit in the last quarter with the new strategy hes trading (if trading with with 1 standard Lot) now thats what i call serious cash...