How To Think Correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
barjon said:
hey, come on guys - all i did was to go and do some seasonal shopping and come back to another mass of reported posts and a continuation of the custard pie slinging and wildly off-topic posts. I've done another load of housekeeping - sorry if a few relatively inoffensive or nearly on-topic posts have suffered, but time is pressing :)

good trading

jon

This one's for you barjon :LOL:

dlpirl said:
Well, throw out the deragatory comments and that's actually an intersting reply, CY.

Thx :)

IMO, the most important thing to know about any trading system is how much draw down you can whether, NOT what the positive expectancy is.

Rubbish

Reality is that most people get shaken out of a good system because they are not prepared for draw down which is infact historical.

More Rubbish

It is *so* important to know whether your system just broke because the market "changed" or whether, you encounted draw down well within the historical range.

Even More Rubbish

How would one know this without backtesting?

You trade opportunity - not TEXTBOOK stuff

Maybe you are of the opinion that one can never know the direction of the market.

100% - and why do you think you might need to know?

Some do believe this, but I sure don't. Trend Following works, but attempts fail because "trend" when major characteristics of a trend are not defined.

If you want to be an investor - fine - but we are talking about trading for a living here, with returns in the region of 2% to 5% per day - not the pension fund stuff that you are on about.

Regards,

Last edited:
barjon said:
hey, come on guys - all i did was to go and do some seasonal shopping and come back to another mass of reported posts and a continuation of the custard pie slinging and wildly off-topic posts. I've done another load of housekeeping - sorry if a few relatively inoffensive or nearly on-topic posts have suffered, but time is pressing :)

good trading

jon

But you must admit - it is interesting :LOL:

cyof

Yes it is, if it can be kept to reasoned discussion. To help that you might wish to find a more reasoned response than "crap" "more crap" etc in your post above (667). If you don't edit it, then it'll have to go.

cheers

jon

Regarding post #667

CYOF said:

Frankly, I've seen a lot of "crap", "bullsh*t", "p*ss" from your posts (speaking literally and figuratively). You have a tendency to copy and paste from the dictionary, but your own vocabulary seems to be pretty limited.

But then again, I'm no part of the selected circle of professionals who know how to trade .I guess that's common language amongst those.

CYOF said:
I consider myself fortunate to be the victim of such a well reasoned reply ;).

So, to put this sorta kinda on topic... Correct thinking [according to the wisom of CY] consists at least in part of strong opinion without any fact presented to back it up.

FTR, don't want to be tied to a computer screen making decisions in real time, so you might consider me an investor, not a trader. I would rather have my money work for me, than work for my money. However, I am not unfamiliar with scalping futures and I may do it again someday, but that's not my focus.

firewalker99 said:
Frankly, I've seen a lot of "crap", "bullsh*t", "p*ss" from your posts (speaking literally and figuratively). You have a tendency to copy and paste from the dictionary, but your own vocabulary seems to be pretty limited.

But then again, I'm no part of the selected circle of professionals who know how to trade .I guess that's common language amongst those.

I speak the truth - but as requested, I will rephrase to keep things in order.

dlpirl said:
Yes, I think it clearly illustrates the two kinds of people here. Those who are willing to listen and discuss, and those who have already made up their mind but like to be in the spotlight. The first group will try and reason based on knowledge or experience, the second will blatantly ridicule and laugh at what others have to say.

dlpirl said:
So, to put this sorta kinda on topic... Correct thinking [according to the wisom of CY] consists at least in part of strong opinion without any fact presented to back it up.
Opinions are like ********, everyone's got one, but nobody wants to look at the other guy's.

CYOF said:
I speak the truth - but as requested, I will rephrase to keep things in order.

There are multiple truths, and for one to ignore the possibility of another truths to co-exist with his or her belief, is not only ignorant, it is also arrogant.

firewalker99 said:
There are multiple truths, and for one to ignore the possibility of another truths to co-exist with his or her belief, is not only ignorant, it is also arrogant.

The truth is the truth - no matter what way you try and disguise it.

Recognising the truth, is indeed another matter for discussion.

Edit: I am responding to what is been given - no more, no less.

Last edited:
SOCRATES said:
While we are at it....there are many examples of powerful agencies having the clout to persuade people to believe nonsense.

The best example I can think of at the moment refers to the moon landing of 1969.

The entire world was awestruck by this huge scientific an technological feat achieved by NASA.

The American Taxpayer had to foot a huge bill amounting to billions of Dollars.

The Russians took it in, hook, line and sinker.

And even I was taken in and stayed up all night to watch it, on black and white TV,but my auntie, now deceased, bless her, insisted all her life it was not possible, and was an animated film.:cool: and science fiction...or like The Eagle Comic.....and this caused family arguments that raged....for days and days!!!!

It now would appear. 37 years after the event that the whole question of a moon landing is in doubt, u c ?

This is not conspiracy theory by the way.

A film has appeared which was thought to have been destroyed years ago......

This film depicts what appears to be the lunar landing.

At first the film appears to be very realistic, but, no sooner does the astronaut put his feet on the surface and announces "One huge step for man and one giant step for mankind..." than suddenly...a lighting unit illuminating the scene becomes unfastened and clouts the astronaut...and suddenly...there is a shout of "CUT"....and out of nowhere there are all these guys running around yelling and fixing things...and leading to another "TAKE".

Now...this could be a hoax.

But...

There is other tape available...and this other tape shows the seven astronauts being interviewed in which they are chalenged to swear on the bible that they actually did land on the moon....all of them get very angry except one, who complies.

Now another very interesting clip...shows the idea...that the image of the earth...taken from the moon...is in purported to be a transparency put over the window and filmed and then replaced by darkness.......

When confronted with this suggestion...one of the astronauts threatens the interviewer...

But the clincher must be two bits of footage.

The first questions why....if the gravity on the moon is not so strong...why it is that the astronauts are not able to jump higher and also longer...

The second footage reveals...hold on...the astronauts jumping about and skipping...but there is a glint above them on certain frames that would indicate their being suspended by a wire...as used in theatres to create the illusion of flying...and then...the question is asked...as to why the astronauts appear to move so slowly...and when the footage is speeded up to twice the speed...everything looks normal.

Also there is the argument...that at a height of 75,000 miles above the earth...there is an impenetrable band of radioactive matter...impenetrable...which all space agencies were mindful of not breaching when manned satellites went into orbit.

Finally, in 1952 or 1962...I am not sure...Werner Von Braun...the creator of the apollo rocket...was said to have written a technical paper explaining that to send a rocket to the moon ... a manned rocket that is...complete with three stages ....and means of returning it to earth...would involve the construction of a rocket twice the height of the Empire State Building and weighing approximately 32,000 tons.....and the riddle is that the apollo rocket used in the mission to the moon landing only weighed 2,500 tons...

Now, If this is the case....and all this has been hidden from the American people who have a case against their government one would suppose...it illustrates the power of agencies, that no individual or groups of individuals, or even a nation as advanced and powerful ( and populated with so many clever :cheesy: citizens) as the United States can overcome, I respectfully and inquisitively submit.

This is a conspiracy theory, and not a good one. I watched a documenry where they went through all these points and found that it would have been easier to go to the moon than fake it. I am a photographer and went to see an exhibition of moon photographs taken by the astronauts. I can't see how they could have faked them when there was no photoshop around in those days. The photographs are fantastic and don't look like they are taken in a studio.

Bigbusiness said:
This is a conspiracy theory, and not a good one. I watched a documenry where they went through all these points and found that it would have been easier to go to the moon than fake it. I am a photographer and went to see an exhibition of moon photographs taken by the astronauts. I can't see how they could have faked them when there was no photoshop around in those days.

That reminds me of the people who claim we haven't gone to the moon because they can't see the flag on any telescope :rolleyes: (to see the flag the telescope would be able to resolve an angle <1/1000th of an arc second, making it require a mirror of around 110meter (360 feet)).

firewalker99 said:

I realize you're taking your cues from CY, but none of this has anything to do with "truth". Substitute the word "beliefs" in your statement above and you'll have it.

Db

dbphoenix said:
I realize you're taking your cues from CY, but none of this has anything to do with "truth". Substitute the word "beliefs" in your statement above and you'll have it.

Db

It depends what you are talking about Db?

If you are talking about what someone posts, then the truth has everything to do with it!

If one posts exactly what is on their mind, this is the truth - if not, it is not the truth.

dlpirl said:

Good :LOL:

Remember - you are the salesman, not me. I am selling nothing, nor do I have to provide any proof of anything. Yourself Dl, on the otherhand, are obliged to supply information pertaining to what you are trying to sell - will that information be factual - that will be up to the evaluator to decide.

FTR, don't want to be tied to a computer screen making decisions in real time, so you might consider me an investor, not a trader. I would rather have my money work for me, than work for my money. However, I am not unfamiliar with scalping futures and I may do it again someday, but that's not my focus.

Well, at least you admit it, you know very little about daytrading for consistent profits - well done for that, but I did say that it showed from the start!

Regards,

Last edited:
CYOF said:
It depends what you are talking about Db?

If you are talking about what someone posts, then the truth has everything to do with it!

If one posts exactly what is on their mind, this is the truth - if not, it is not the truth.

If you like.

SOCRATES said:
While we are at it....there are many examples of powerful agencies having the clout to persuade people to believe nonsense.

The best example I can think of at the moment refers to the moon landing of 1969.

The entire world was awestruck by this huge scientific an technological feat achieved by NASA.

The American Taxpayer had to foot a huge bill amounting to billions of Dollars.

The Russians took it in, hook, line and sinker.

And even I was taken in and stayed up all night to watch it, on black and white TV,but my auntie, now deceased, bless her, insisted all her life it was not possible, and was an animated film.:cool: and science fiction...or like The Eagle Comic.....and this caused family arguments that raged....for days and days!!!!

It now would appear. 37 years after the event that the whole question of a moon landing is in doubt, u c ?

This is not conspiracy theory by the way.

A film has appeared which was thought to have been destroyed years ago......

This film depicts what appears to be the lunar landing.

At first the film appears to be very realistic, but, no sooner does the astronaut put his feet on the surface and announces "One huge step for man and one giant step for mankind..." than suddenly...a lighting unit illuminating the scene becomes unfastened and clouts the astronaut...and suddenly...there is a shout of "CUT"....and out of nowhere there are all these guys running around yelling and fixing things...and leading to another "TAKE".

Now...this could be a hoax.

But...

There is other tape available...and this other tape shows the seven astronauts being interviewed in which they are chalenged to swear on the bible that they actually did land on the moon....all of them get very angry except one, who complies.

Now another very interesting clip...shows the idea...that the image of the earth...taken from the moon...is in purported to be a transparency put over the window and filmed and then replaced by darkness.......

When confronted with this suggestion...one of the astronauts threatens the interviewer...

But the clincher must be two bits of footage.

The first questions why....if the gravity on the moon is not so strong...why it is that the astronauts are not able to jump higher and also longer...

The second footage reveals...hold on...the astronauts jumping about and skipping...but there is a glint above them on certain frames that would indicate their being suspended by a wire...as used in theatres to create the illusion of flying...and then...the question is asked...as to why the astronauts appear to move so slowly...and when the footage is speeded up to twice the speed...everything looks normal.

Also there is the argument...that at a height of 75,000 miles above the earth...there is an impenetrable band of radioactive matter...impenetrable...which all space agencies were mindful of not breaching when manned satellites went into orbit.

Finally, in 1952 or 1962...I am not sure...Werner Von Braun...the creator of the apollo rocket...was said to have written a technical paper explaining that to send a rocket to the moon ... a manned rocket that is...complete with three stages ....and means of returning it to earth...would involve the construction of a rocket twice the height of the Empire State Building and weighing approximately 32,000 tons.....and the riddle is that the apollo rocket used in the mission to the moon landing only weighed 2,500 tons...

Now, If this is the case....and all this has been hidden from the American people who have a case against their government one would suppose...it illustrates the power of agencies, that no individual or groups of individuals, or even a nation as advanced and powerful ( and populated with so many clever :cheesy: citizens) as the United States can overcome, I respectfully and inquisitively submit.
I forgot to mention to you all, photographers :cheesy: and photographed....you should log on to www.youtube.com and search under moon landings....there you will find an assortment of very interesting clips for you to look at crtitically and form your own views on the matter, I repectfully submit.....it makes for very interesting and entertaining viewing.:cool: ...and, if all of it is true...it shows how the whole world was hoodwinked by Hollywood and how the American taxpayer was taken for the ride of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.