How to start learning forex trading

One thing is for sure, inviting members to PM you for more information is not the way to go as it is a classic tactic used by the ne'er-do-wells intent on lining their own pockets at the expense of members. So, if you have ideas that you believe will help members - then post them for public consumption. If you're not willing to share them with one and all - that's absolutely fine - but don't tease people into thinking you know something they don't and will only share it privately. That's not acceptable

Tim SON ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Please ready my SIGNATURE on the bottom of this post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You maybe able to learn some of life's realities and basis to very few .
Accusations are sings of weakness in ones inner self , as it obvious in your words.
Lack of attention if life in general , and in what we do at one time in particular , leads us to NO where ,,, and sets NO foundation to our existence , as the outcome will be the same of that of our beginnings , and again ,, it is obvious in your words .
Dishing out poison the way you do ,, in the way of assuming , accusing , and judging without PROOF will ONLY effect YOU , as you do NOT live in peace and harmony with yourself , and again ,, it is obvious in your words .
My reply MAY sound a LITTLE harsh ,, BUT the truth is never soothing for the ignorant if life( i am NOT using that word in the bad term ) .
Many posts and many years under out belts in this business ,, does NOT qualify us to be better than anyone NOR give us the right to knock anyone , BUT most importantly ACCUSE anyone FALSLEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers,
George :cool:

Criticising others for lack of attention?! Perhaps you could have paid a bit more attention to writing your post. Possibly the worst post of the year. On every level.

Last edited:
Criticising others for lack of attention?! Perhaps you could have paid a bit more attention to writing your post. Possibly the worst post of the year. On every level.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.:smart:
Cheers
George

Tim SON ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Please ready my SIGNATURE on the bottom of this post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You maybe able to learn some of life's realities and basis to very few .
Accusations are sings of weakness in ones inner self , as it obvious in your words.
Lack of attention if life in general , and in what we do at one time in particular , leads us to NO where ,,, and sets NO foundation to our existence , as the outcome will be the same of that of our beginnings , and again ,, it is obvious in your words .
Dishing out poison the way you do ,, in the way of assuming , accusing , and judging without PROOF will ONLY effect YOU , as you do NOT live in peace and harmony with yourself , and again ,, it is obvious in your words .
My reply MAY sound a LITTLE harsh ,, BUT the truth is never soothing for the ignorant if life( i am NOT using that word in the bad term ) .
Many posts and many years under out belts in this business ,, does NOT qualify us to be better than anyone NOR give us the right to knock anyone , BUT most importantly ACCUSE anyone FALSLEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers,

George DAD ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Your signature only has value if it's supported by the content of your posts. Otherwise, it's meaningless. If it's genuine (and I'm very happy to accept that it is) then you have ample opportunity to demonstrate how much you care by sharing the sort of useful information that I requested in my last post.

As for learning 'some of life's realities', I've learnt a whole host of 'em in the 10+ years that I've been a member of T2W. Top of the list is that people who make general posts without specific content and invite members to PM them for more info' are, almost invariably, up to no good. If this doesn't apply to you, then rather than patronising me, you should thank me for pointing this out to you so you can do something about it. So, my 'poison' is in fact constructive feedback on your post which, if heeded, will enable you to make valuable contributions to the community.

Lastly, with regard to your comment about accusations, I was merely pointing out that it is impossible to determine from your post what you regard as the 'correct' way to 'draw swings'. I wasn't accusing you of anything at all. If you invite PMs in the way that you did, members (including Moderators) will assume you're up to no good. That's not an accusation, that's just the reality of T2W life. Please consider these points carefully and familiarise yourself with our Community Constitution so that you have a good understanding of how T2W differs to other forums and what is expected of you as one of its members.

Thank you kindly! :cool:
Tim.

George DAD ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Your signature only has value if it's supported by the content of your posts. Otherwise, it's meaningless. If it's genuine (and I'm very happy to accept that it is) then you have ample opportunity to demonstrate how much you care by sharing the sort of useful information that I requested in my last post.

As for learning 'some of life's realities', I've learnt a whole host of 'em in the 10+ years that I've been a member of T2W. Top of the list is that people who make general posts without specific content and invite members to PM them for more info' are, almost invariably, up to no good. If this doesn't apply to you, then rather than patronising me, you should thank me for pointing this out to you so you can do something about it. So, my 'poison' is in fact constructive feedback on your post which, if heeded, will enable you to make valuable contributions to the community.

Lastly, with regard to your comment about accusations, I was merely pointing out that it is impossible to determine from your post what you regard as the 'correct' way to 'draw swings'. I wasn't accusing you of anything at all. If you invite PMs in the way that you did, members (including Moderators) will assume you're up to no good. That's not an accusation, that's just the reality of T2W life. Please consider these points carefully and familiarise yourself with our Community Constitution so that you have a good understanding of how T2W differs to other forums and what is expected of you as one of its members.

Thank you kindly! :cool:
Tim.
Tim ,
Firstly good evening to u ,
2ndly ,, i do NOT want to end this on a sour note. as it is NOT in my nature to upset people .
What i was doing is a personal thing , and IF u read enough of posts , u would have seen my posts and there is NEVER anything there about selling things , and i am sure there was an occasion atleast where i stated that i refuse to take any money for any help .
I get your point , BUT in the same token , sometimes people tend to stick their noses into places where they do NOT belong ( and i am NOT referring to u with this comment) , im referring to people who have NO right to comment or knock what i may suggest IF they do NOT agree with what i am saying , and they do NOT know how to be nice about stating their opinion ONLY , hence why i do NOT want to talk publicly about anything at all .and IT IS my right and prerogative.
I hope now u can appreciate and respect my ways of doing things and the reasons behind them .
I shall leave it at that , NO harm done , and i am NO ill feelings about the whole situation.
Wishing u a great day/evening
Cheers,
George (y)

Re George's posts

Whilst I can understand general suspicions about people offering PM's to line one's pockets (I have witnessed similar sorts of approaches on the "introduce yourself" thread, what I do wish to say is that you guys will never ever meet another person such as George who is willing to help others progress their knowledge in learning Forex WITHOUT ANY THOUGHT WHATSOEVER of charging money for his helpful advice. I know that because he has helped me out considerably over the past few months that I have known him.

He is a man who is devoted to achieving mastery in the Forex market and, if he can help a few of us along the way he is more than willing to give a hand (even to the detriment of using up his own valuable in-depth study time).

I know that there are opportunists out there in FX but George is definitely not one of them.

I think that he is quite right to feel offended by some of the comments made on this thread and suggest that those who made them should post an apology.

Re George's posts

Whilst I can understand general suspicions about people offering PM's to line one's pockets (I have witnessed similar sorts of approaches on the "introduce yourself" thread, what I do wish to say is that you guys will never ever meet another person such as George who is willing to help others progress their knowledge in learning Forex WITHOUT ANY THOUGHT WHATSOEVER of charging money for his helpful advice. I know that because he has helped me out considerably over the past few months that I have known him.

He is a man who is devoted to achieving mastery in the Forex market and, if he can help a few of us along the way he is more than willing to give a hand (even to the detriment of using up his own valuable in-depth study time).

I know that there are opportunists out there in FX but George is definitely not one of them.

I think that he is quite right to feel offended by some of the comments made on this thread and suggest that those who made them should post an apology.
Thaaaaank u so much for ur kind words Uncle Mike ( gee wiz ,, i love making u look old :p )
There is one thing i believe in , and that is ,,,
The truth WILL always prevail !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sooner or later people will find out what kind of person i am and the people i associate with .
Cheers (y)
George

Last edited:
Hi George,
It's fine to instruct members to do something 'correctly' - so long as you define in clear and simple terms what you believe 'correctly' means. Otherwise, it's not helpful as no one will have a clue whether or not the YouTube videos they're watching or books / threads they're reading etc. are explaining how to draw swings 'correctly'.

To be honest, I'm not even sure what you mean by 'draw swings'. If you're referring to a method for identifying swings that enable a trader to enter new positions or exit existing ones - then there are any number of different ways of doing that. There's the Gann method and Rivalland's revised version of same. Then there's the classic Dow method - i.e. a head and shoulders pattern. Point & Figure traders use a breach of a double top or bottom etc. Which of these is the 'correct' way in your view (and why) and which are incorrect (and why)?

One thing is for sure, inviting members to PM you for more information is not the way to go as it is a classic tactic used by the ne'er-do-wells intent on lining their own pockets at the expense of members. So, if you have ideas that you believe will help members - then post them for public consumption. If you're not willing to share them with one and all - that's absolutely fine - but don't tease people into thinking you know something they don't and will only share it privately. That's not acceptable.

Thank you for your co-operation!
Tim.

Hi Tim. I got your point here. Perhaps it would be better if the information someone wanted to share should not be through PM. But instead it should be posted publicly. Thanks.

Hi Mike,
The only reason George would take offense at either of my posts to this thread is if he's up to no good. Assuming that he isn't and, personally, I'm more than happy to accept yours and George's own protestations that he's as honest as the day is long - then he has no reason to take any offense at all. On that basis, no apology is required. Moreover, he would understand completely the points I've made and respond accordingly by doing one or other of the following . . .
1. Providing the detail that I asked for regarding the 'correct' way to 'draw swings' - and/or link to a YouTube video explaining same etc, etc.
2. If he's not willing to do that for whatever reason, then he should at least understand that it looks very suspect to only provide such information to those who PM him privately.

Just in case any subscribers to the thread aren't crystal clear about the issue here, I'll go over it once more. Anyone who posts their ideas on public threads should aim to provide clear explanations and do their best to provide comprehensive answers to any subsequent questions posed by fellow members. Now, I understand completely that not everyone is prepared to do that - and that's absolutely fine. However, if that's the case, they should keep their ideas to themselves and not post at all. To post and imply that they are in possession of 'correct' knowledge about how to do something and then not share it on the public boards is, at best, being a tease. To post and imply that they have such knowledge and will only share it privately via PM is unacceptable because it is precisely what scammers do. Please note that I'm not accusing George of being a scammer - I'm merely saying that this is their standard modus operandi.

This is a very basic point and the only people - without exception - who would have any issue with it at all would be scammers, ne-er-do-wells and other such rogues intent on separating the gullible and naïve from their money. Honest people who genuinely want to help their fellow members won't have any problems with it at all. None whatsoever. After all, that's the whole point of a free, open access community forum - which is exactly what T2W is.

Tim.

Last edited:
Hi Tim. I got your point here. Perhaps it would be better if the information someone wanted to share should not be through PM. But instead it should be posted publicly. Thanks.

Lee,
Everyone is entitled to do things the way it is comfortable and best for them .
False accusation and assumptions are NOT good in anything in life , not that i am directing this at timsk either ,,, its just my personal opinion , and a reality in life .
If u wish to hear my suggestion about ur trading ,,i say it again , feel free to PM me ,,,, do NOT let anyone effect ur journey ,, Just do what IS RIGHT for YOU and not anyone else including me .
On almost every forum i have seen in my life , there is a facility called PM , which means private messaging , which is there for the purpose of people who do NOT WISH to talk about some things in public ,,, I use it for the purpose that it is there for .
Before people like you and me are picked on ,, they should look at the ones that are directly selling programs and/or systems here first. what we are doing is a private matter and NOT a business selling .
Cheers,

Last edited:
Hi George,
Everyone is entitled to do things the way it is comfortable and best for them.
This is one thing about which we are in 100% agreement. :clap:

False accusation and assumptions are NOT good in anything in life , not that i am directing this at timsk either ,,, its just my personal opinion , and a reality in life.
No one is making false assumptions or accusations George. I challenge you - or anyone else for that matter - to quote any post of mine (even though you say your comments aren't directed at me) in which I've done either of those two things. I am merely pointing out that your post that sparked off this whole exchange displays the characteristics of someone trying to groom members for their own purposes. That's not an accusation or an assumption that you're a scammer; it's an observation based on many years experience. I'm sure you're a great trader and an equally great chap but, based on what you say and the way you behave, many other subscribers and guests to the thread will have their doubts. Don't accept my word for it; ask another member of staff, a moderator or another member who's been around these forums long enough to see how these things work.

If your intentions are as honest and as innocent as you'd have us all believe, why on earth don't you want to distance yourself from the rogues and ne'er-do-wells out to rip people off?

If u wish to hear my suggestion about ur trading ,,i say it again , feel free to PM me ,,,, do NOT let anyone effect ur journey ,, Just do what IS RIGHT for YOU and not anyone else including me.
The basic advice offered to Lee is fine and I concur with what you say - although why the need for him to PM you?

On almost every forum i have seen in my life , there is a facility called PM , which means private messaging , which is there for the purpose of people who do NOT WISH to talk about some things in public ,,, I use it for the purpose that it is there for.
If a member reads something you post and - for whatever reason - chooses not to respond to it via a public post but, rather, to PM you for further details, that's their decision. And that's absolutely fine. Indeed, I've done exactly that many times myself over the years. However, that's a very different proposition from implying that you're some kind of market guru by using words like 'correct' and then omitting to explain what you mean by 'correct'. To then invite people to PM you to find out what you mean by correct is bound to cause suspicion. Surely you, Mike and others understand this point?

Before people like you and me are picked on ,, they should look at the ones that are directly selling programs and/or systems here first. what we are doing is a private matter and NOT a business selling.
We have an excellent team of Moderators who do exactly this on a daily basis. If you see posts that breach the Community Constitution or you have reason to suspect aren't quite as they appear, please use the red flag 'Report Post' facility to bring them to the attention of the Moderators (I'm not one by the way) - who will then take appropriate action.

Tim.

George just to add to some of Tims' posts, this isn't a dig, but a request
Trading swings is one of the fundamentals, get it right and you open many doors. Why not start a thread that explains it. For the benefit of newcomers, possibly in real time..ie start with an hourly chart for example and as the bars come in, post your explanations.
The problem is, identifying swings in hindsight is very easy, like anything in trading
But the hard stuff is keeping this going in real time as new information comes in

Why not share your knowledge, if this is your forte?
Make it a thread so that others can't interject if you are afraid of any ridicule..but you kind of need to take questions. Be a teacher to us all George. Rock the boat a little and give to the community

just a suggestion, which Im sure would end up being a classic. But hindsight doesn't count!

We are all friends here. I am here to learn more from other members here in the community. I have no other agenda except making more friends and learning from them. In exchange, I will share also my ideas and little knowledge of what I know so they can learn from me too.:D

Hi George,
This is one thing about which we are in 100% agreement. :clap:
We have an excellent team of Moderators who do exactly this on a daily basis. If you see posts that breach the Community Constitution or you have reason to suspect aren't quite as they appear, please use the red flag 'Report Post' facility to bring them to the attention of the Moderators (I'm not one by the way) - who will then take appropriate action.

Tim.
Good evening Tim,
I only left this paragraph of urs for ref. only so u know this is a reply to u ,, as u can appreciate that the whole thing is too long to have as a ref.
I truly appreciate the trouble and effort u have gone through with ur reply , and it meant alot to me for u to go to that extent ,, and i do respect everything u have said , and i was truly NOT pointing at u when i used ur name , i ONLY used ur name to let u know i was NOT directing it at u incase u took it that way . BUT i had very clean intention toward u with my post to him . because i have NO reason to disrespect u or ur words now , and it is very obvious in ur reply tonight .
I have had alot of rubbish dished out when i express something that people do NOT understand or do NOT agree with , and of course it is ONLY due to the fact they have NOT experienced it nor put in the time to study what i study , and NOT because they are NOT capable, so i do say this with all due respect to everyone .
I do NOT like comparisons NOR confrontations , as it is NOT in my nature, and it was obvious in my first reply to u , i tend to come back little heavy due to non existence of tolerance left in me, especially at my age . BUT i dont do it with bad intentions .
That is why i now refuse to talk about anything in open forum ,, i will ONLY do it in a private environment ,, as i do value my peace and quiet without any outside forces and aggravation, and also lately i have NOT been doing any posting for that reason and will NOT do any either. and the ONLY reason i do log in and only when i am free and in the right mood is ,, ONLY to reply to new comers into trading for the sole purpose of help ,, cause i know what it felt like for me when i was searching , also i am NOT looking for any systems OR strategies cause i am NOT in need of any , as i do NOT follow the conventional ways
My theories are different from the run of the mill ,, hence they tend to create alot of dust when i talk , and i am sure u know what i am talking about , and this is the basic point i am making .
Again , thank u for ur trouble , wishing u a great evening/day where ever u r in this wonderful world we live in .
Cheers,

So you're sharing out of caring, but you refuse to talk about anything in an open forum.

We are all friends here. I am here to learn more from other members here in the community. I have no other agenda except making more friends and learning from them. In exchange, I will share also my ideas and little knowledge of what I know so they can learn from me too.:D

Hello Lee,
We are ALL friends of course , and more importantly we are ALL adults .
What u have been reading is ONLY a person standing for their right ,, and what they believe in ,, also clarify themselves , which is exactly what Tim and myself have been doing as there WAS a misunderstanding when i invited u i think it was to PM me , can NOT remember 100% , and it is obvious what i am saying as u can see we do it in an adult manner with NO bad language , because we are all respectable people .
Enjoy ur stay here
Cheers,

Last edited:
So you're sharing out of caring, but you refuse to talk about anything in an open forum.
Exactly Shakone .
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that !!!!!!!!!!!!
Its nice and peaceful .
Cheers,
George

Last edited:
. . .That is why i now refuse to talk about anything in open forum ,, i will ONLY do it in a private environment ,, as i do value my peace and quiet without any outside forces and aggravation, and also lately i have NOT been doing any posting for that reason and will NOT do any either. and the ONLY reason i do log in and only when i am free and in the right mood is ,, ONLY to reply to new comers into trading for the sole purpose of help ,, cause i know what it felt like for me when i was searching. . .
Hi George,
Based on your comments, allow me to offer a little advice about how to post in a way that will avoid any future 'aggravation' . . .

If you want to post to help newbies - then that's great and I fully support and welcome your efforts. However, please don't make vague or ambiguous comments that only you understand and won't mean anything to anyone else. That's the problem with your post #38 If you're not prepared to explain publicly what you mean, (e.g. what you mean by 'draw swings' and what the 'correct' way is etc.) - then please don't post at all. As I've said repeatedly, to imply that you know the best way or correct way to do something - but will only pass that information on to people who PM you privately - is not acceptable. That's not my opinion, it's forum policy. If that's the only way you're willing to participate, please find another forum to contribute to as T2W is not the place for you.

Personally, I hope you stay and, for what it's worth, I'd be interested to learn what you believe is the correct way to draw swings. Perhaps you'd consider malaguti's suggestion and start your own thread on the topic? Needless to say, I'm not going to PM you about it!
;)
Tim.

Last edited:
Hi George,
Based on your comments, allow me to offer a little advice about how to post in a way that will avoid any future 'aggravation' . . .

If you want to post to help newbies - then that's great and I fully support and welcome your efforts. However, please don't make vague or ambiguous comments that only you understand and won't mean anything to anyone else. That's the problem with your post #38 If you're not prepared to explain publicly what you mean, (e.g. what you mean by 'draw swings' and what the 'correct' way is etc.) - then please don't post at all. As I've said repeatedly, to imply that you know the best way or correct way to do something - but will only pass that information on to people who PM you privately - is not acceptable. That's not my opinion, it's forum policy. If that's the only way you're willing to participate, please find another forum to contribute to as T2W is not the place for you.

Personally, I hope you stay and, for what it's worth, I'd be interested to learn what you believe is the correct way to draw swings. Perhaps you'd consider malaguti's suggestion and start your own thread on the topic? Needless to say, I'm not going to PM you about it!
;)
Tim.
Thank you Tim .
Cheers

Exactly Shakone .
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that !!!!!!!!!!!!
Its nice and peaceful .
Cheers,
George

Yeah makes a lot of sense, join an open forum with the intention of not participating openly to the forum.

I'm a big believer in charity. Of course I refuse to give money to a charity unless they private message me here. More peaceful that way, and nicer to my wallet :D

:) noob here!Just came in to learn from you guys.I am starter and someone adviced me to join forum so I can learn more.