How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
Sep 18, 2001
Some people think you have to have a PDT account with a minimum of $25k in it to trade like this.
Not true.
You can trade CFDs on most of the stocks I trade with quotes as good as the actual market with some CFD providers for a LOT less in your account.

cbrads

Experienced member
Mar 11, 2014
Some people think you have to have a PDT account with a minimum of $25k in it to trade like this.
Not true.
You can trade CFDs on most of the stocks I trade with quotes as good as the actual market with some CFD providers for a LOT less in your account.
Interesting! Are these American brokers? How much leverage is allowed?

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
Sep 18, 2001
Sometimes you get almost a no brainer and after ABX results and forecast came out and it started falling in the pre-market, the probability of a good set up and price action was very high.
White line at time of entry (on 5 min candles) and image taken at time of exit.
+71c per share
That's $710 for a 1000 shares, $355 for 500 and pro rata of course.
It's always a matter of waiting for the right high probability opportunity with the appropriate methodology, never be rash or impatient and cutting any losers while they are still small.
Not difficult stuff.

Attachments

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
Sep 18, 2001
And CFDs available on ABX so you don't even need a PDT account to trade it.

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
Sep 18, 2001
One from my pre market list.
TLRD +50c per share
White pointer at time of entry using falling candles method.
Image at time of exit.
Not rocket science.
Choose a high probability set up and cut any losers quickly.

Attachments

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
Sep 18, 2001
And TLRD can be traded using CFDs as well, so you only need a few thousand pounds, not the $25000 in an account that everybody thinks. And the spread in the real market and on CFDs is only one cent at the moment.

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
Sep 18, 2001
This same rising candle method on CRC today produced +58c a share.
I found CRC scanning a few minutes after open.
The entry was a little later than ideal but was dictated by the time of the scan which found it.
Again CFDs available for this stock as well.

Attachments

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
Sep 18, 2001
An even nicer one today. AAOI was on my pre-market list. It didn't trend from the start but chopped around until the buying poured in. I waited longer before entry because I wanted to see a lasting trend after the break from congestion.
A nice +123c per share.
All winners and losers on my blog as always.

Attachments

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
Sep 18, 2001
Just two of today's trades using the rising candles method. Both stocks taken from my pre-market alert list.

Both risers in a falling market. You're trading the stock not the market, and if the trend is strong there is no reason not to go against the prevailing market direction.
I know that goes against the accepted "wisdom" but it is not only logical, but works well since I've been doing it since I started to trade for a living 17 years ago.

Obviously weaker movers are more vulnerable to the way the wind is blowing.

DDD +61c per share
ABBV +75c per share

Attachments