How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
7,364 1,181
This is the same underlying principle (as the rising/falling candle set up) but not a continuous trend, but one which has reversed and established a new direction.
JD was on my pre-market alert list.
All winners and losers on my blog as always.
JD +105c per share

Attachments

iq200

332 11
Hi Richard - Sent you email. Not sure if you got it as I've had problems with my email service.
Thanks,
Imran

Atilla

Legendary member
18,584 2,580
CLLN - Carillion

Mr Charts, good to see you have a thread in stocks forum. :)

I'm thinking if CLLN Carillion is oversold and worth a punt.

Considering decline from 2015, can things get much worse or is 87 showing up as

PP-R3 @ £0.87

good place to move back in and buy some of this stock?

Awaiting reply with great anticipation. (y)

Atilla

Legendary member
18,584 2,580
I don't trade UK stocks.
I've had a quick look, though.
I don't try to catch falling knives.

Ok cheers old bean...

Probably wise not messing with companies losing money. (y)

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
7,364 1,181
It's often better to short the clean and clear fallers until they turn.

Follow the trend
till the bend
at the end.

Only then it just might, might mend - or fizzle out - or a DCB

Reactions: Atilla

Atilla

Legendary member
18,584 2,580
It's often better to short the clean and clear fallers until they turn.

Follow the trend
till the bend
at the end.

Only then it just might, might mend - or fizzle out - or a DCB

Hmmm it's just that falls have exceeded all past valuations.

Not to mention JP Morgan tipping them around April.

Some vultures may already be circling looking for value. I think 70s maybe bottom but I'm guessing.

New CEO and things may change just as quickly. Could be worth some lolly. :rolleyes:

Deshi

1 0
It'd be great if this thread could be limited to Mr.Chart's extremely valuable comments on his trades and techniques as this thread will quickly become cluttered with irrelevant information and or speculations.

Perhaps a different thread could be started, though there are currently many existing threads where people can discuss different ideas, but I for one, am only interested in Mr.Chart's comments and opinions on this thread.

Atilla

Legendary member
18,584 2,580
It'd be great if this thread could be limited to Mr.Chart's extremely valuable comments on his trades and techniques as this thread will quickly become cluttered with irrelevant information and or speculations.

Perhaps a different thread could be started, though there are currently many existing threads where people can discuss different ideas, but I for one, am only interested in Mr.Chart's comments and opinions on this thread.
Your point is noted Deshi but my comment was for Mr Charts and as he has opened this thread I'd expect such a note to come from him for me take heed and not someone like you.

Otherwise unless I hear from him stating as such I will continue to post if I have any queries on US stocks and share my opinion equally.

By the same token I find your post as having no bearing on US stocks and a waste space. (n)

mikeh0512

3 0
Hello Mr Charts,

I have been trying to master this technique in a paper trading account with Interactive Brokers. I have been using CFD's so that I can limit my initial investment and not have to worry about the day trader minimum account. I have suggested to IB that they add a filter for CFD to their market scanner. Hopefully they will !

One of the problems I have been having is in filling orders in a timely manner. I am only using 100 - 200 contracts to experiment with, but this can take 5 - 10 seconds to fill the order. Should I be using a different type of order i.e. AON ? I have tried Limit and Market, but both are similar.
Maybe this is a feature of CFD's , although IB state that they do not take a Market Maker role. They have DMA access and immediately hedge the position with the underlying. I would have thought that should have same liquidity as the underlying.

I can see future problems if I try and scale the position to 500 or 1000 CFD's.

Any opinions / suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks

MikeH