How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

Nov 28, 2016
Tripe your money in stocks

If right stocks are chosen you can tripe your money in months.If you had put $5,000 into the pharmaceutical stock way back in 2010, you’d now be sitting on 52,378 today.

alexisjohn

Aug 4, 2016
This depends on the kind of trades you pick,
Arena Pharmaceuticals was once a high-flying stock. Its share price skyrocketed in 2012, after the FDA approved its weight-loss pill, Belviq. But it's had a tough time selling the drug. Despite being on the market for three years now, net product sales were only $4.9 million last quarter.

This disappointing sales performance weighed heavily on the company's share price, which has been in free-fall ever since Beviq was first approved. In the past year alone, shares shed nearly half of their value.

And it is still going down.

Modern Trader

Apr 30, 2016
Mr. Charts,

Can you explain to me how you form your daily trading watch list? I have read here on your thread that you read Briefing.com and scan the premarket for stocks and that you are looking for stocks that are stronger or weaker than the SPY/QQQ.

Do you then use a top down approach that you allows you to sort them out before the open?

Or do you look at them on a 1 minute chart to see how they are trading and what levels they are near at the open?

How does the SPY/QQQ factor into what you are looking for in the premarket?

Thanks,

MT

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
Sep 18, 2001
Mr. Charts,

Can you explain to me how you form your daily trading watch list? I have read here on your thread that you read Briefing.com and scan the premarket for stocks and that you are looking for stocks that are stronger or weaker than the SPY/QQQ.

Do you then use a top down approach that you allows you to sort them out before the open?YES

Or do you look at them on a 1 minute chart to see how they are trading and what levels they are near at the open?YES

How does the SPY/QQQ factor into what you are looking for in the premarket?TELLS ME WHICH WAY, IF ANY, THE WIND IS BLOWING

Thanks,

MT
R.

T44

Oct 29, 2012
Hi Richard,

Hoping you'd be able to answer a few questions:).

I normally trade US Futs in the UK evening but am finding the action around these mkt highs recently v difficult, most of the readable moves are over before I switch on.....so thought I would investigate US stocks.

I notice that this thread is now 9 yrs old and ur interview here 7, so I'd like to ask the following:
Do you still use esignal scanner? I left them a few years ago for Sierra Chart so wouldn't want to go back. Looks like Finviz would be a decent standalone one would you have any comments?
Do you still use IB for ur trades or have you found someone better?
For your preparation you look at the news, do you subscribe to a news feed or a is there a good freebie somewhere?
Finally if you could trade only the US PM, would you do anything differently to how you trade the AM?

Many thanks, T

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
Sep 18, 2001
Hi Richard,

Hoping you'd be able to answer a few questions:).

I normally trade US Futs in the UK evening but am finding the action around these mkt highs recently v difficult, most of the readable moves are over before I switch on.....so thought I would investigate US stocks.

I notice that this thread is now 9 yrs old and ur interview here 7, so I'd like to ask the following:
Do you still use esignal scanner? NO
I left them a few years ago for Sierra Chart so wouldn't want to go back. Looks like Finviz would be a decent standalone one would you have any comments? APPARENTLY GOOD
Do you still use IB for ur trades or have you found someone better? IB
For your preparation you look at the news, YES
do you subscribe to a news feed BRIEFING.COM
or a is there a good freebie somewhere?
Finally if you could trade only the US PM, would you do anything differently to how you trade the AM? NO

Many thanks, T
Answers above

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
Sep 18, 2001
My pleasure.
There are one or two scanning features on eSignal not available on interactive but there is no effective difference in actual trading.
R

Jul 7, 2014
Hi T,
Have a look at Trade Ideas also for your scans. It is a paid for service but highly customisable and will help you generate trade setups especially as you only wish to trade the last hour of US trading? I trade the 1st few hours only myself generally concentrating on stocks that have gapped up/down, have a catalyst/news and volume but I have a reversal scanner that I watch also.
Thanks
Darren

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
Sep 18, 2001
The methods keep on working. This was a really nice one from my pre market list , chosen because it had gapped on excellent results.
A cracking good start to the day with a two minute trade netting 85c per share.
That's $850 for a 1000 shares and pro rata of course for smaller or larger sizes.

Attachments

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
Sep 18, 2001
Even on go nowhere days like today, there are opportunities.
Here's one from my pre-market list using the falling candles method. In the minutes before open it started rising which is often, but not always, an indication of an early move up. However, my approach is never to assume anything is sure to happen. I trade what IS, not my opinion. That gives me the flexibility of not having pre-conceived ideas, but of trading set ups and price action itself.

VRX +55c per share

Attachments