How To Make Easy Money.......

I understand the point he is trying to put across, but why belabor it with such vocabulary. Id happily say I have never quite seen anything like it, and thats with 10+ years internet usage behind me. One could say that the point he tries to make gets lost in the assault of words.

pboi

Its cos he thinks by using long words he will come across as more credible. I perceive his style of writing as immature and arrogant too

Last edited:
Interesting how the "message" becomes a mirror rather than a portal, in which the novice sees what he wants to see (or reads what he wants to believe is there) rather than that which is contained there, assuming that anything is contained there at all, which can be a substantial assumption.

One of the better tests of whether or not one understands something is whether or not he can explain it to someone else. Perhaps those who believe they understand Bertie's "message" would each be willing to explain it in his own words, then determine how much agreement there is among them.

--Db

dbphoenix said:
Interesting how the "message" becomes a mirror rather than a portal, in which the novice sees what he wants to see (or reads what he wants to believe is there) rather than that which is contained there, assuming that anything is contained there at all, which can be a substantial assumption.

One of the better tests of whether or not one understands something is whether or not he can explain it to someone else. Perhaps those who believe they understand Bertie's "message" would each be willing to explain it in his own words, then determine how much agreement there is among them.

--Db

Well I'm convinced that Socrates will be sitting back and highly amused by our deconstruction or destruction of his message. His style is difficult I will admit. However look through some of his postings and you will find the most succinct, economical phrases in the midst of the, admittedly, large number of words.

What Socrates does by his style is to slow us down. It is difficult to read his messages in a cursory manner. You either have to read them slowly and carefully or not at all. A constant theme is to make us think and to search for meaning. A constant theme is not to take things at face value and to understand how others are subtly manipulating. A constant theme is that these postings are a microcosm of the trading world in general.

His style is, I believe, chosen quite deliberately to trigger within us a different way of reading and evaluating at a deeper level.

Our frustration, as readers, with his style is precisely because we want quick answers. As pboi said " seen anything like it, and thats with 10+ years internet usage behind me". This is because the internet (like text messaging) communicates at a fast yet superficial level.

The answer is, if the style does not appeal, or you do not find anything of value in his (or indeed any other posters' messages) then move on. Either there is nothing of value or you are not ready to perceive the value.

Charlton

Charlton said:
Well I'm convinced that Socrates will be sitting back and highly amused by our deconstruction or destruction of his message. His style is difficult I will admit. However look through some of his postings and you will find the most succinct, economical phrases in the midst of the, admittedly, large number of words.

What Socrates does by his style is to slow us down. It is difficult to read his messages in a cursory manner. You either have to read them slowly and carefully or not at all. A constant theme is to make us think and to search for meaning. A constant theme is not to take things at face value and to understand how others are subtly manipulating. A constant theme is that these postings are a microcosm of the trading world in general.

His style is, I believe, chosen quite deliberately to trigger within us a different way of reading and evaluating at a deeper level.

Our frustration, as readers, with his style is precisely because we want quick answers. As pboi said " seen anything like it, and thats with 10+ years internet usage behind me". This is because the internet (like text messaging) communicates at a fast yet superficial level.

The answer is, if the style does not appeal, or you do not find anything of value in his (or indeed any other posters' messages) then move on. Either there is nothing of value or you are not ready to perceive the value.

Charlton

So, in other words, you have no idea what he's saying?

It's easy to confuse verbosity with profundity. The most profound concepts are generally those most simply stated. Anything else is either just showing off or attempting to maintain exclusivity.

As for providing Bertie with amusement, that's our function. Didn't you know?

--Db

Charlton said:

Charlton
My compliments to you, for being in the absolute minority able to percieve correctly.

dbphoenix said:
So, in other words, you have no idea what he's saying?

I can only view your question above with consternation and alarm, that even after all this swotting you have been doing to acquire a degree, you still expect others to have to explain things to you in the greatest detail, as one would explain to a child.

It's easy to confuse verbosity with profundity. The most profound concepts are generally those most simply stated. Anything else is either just showing off or attempting to maintain exclusivity.

No, you have got the wrong end of the stick again, bless you. It would be best if suddenly you had not been so overeducated, because your overeducation prevents you from recognising the significance of the obvious.

It is not any attempt at maintaining exclusivity according to your muddled interpretation,
it is a safeguard to ensure that only the ones who are ready, get it, and those who are not
ready have to do some work on themselves first before they can enjoy the luxury of having it.

That is why you are encouraged to think deeply, in the hope that in the process of doing so you will have meaningful realisations.

As for providing Bertie with amusement, that's our function. Didn't you know?

The fact that you provide amusement is not intentional on your part, I am sure of that.

But it is the result of the cause that drives you to adopt the postures you repeatedly do, and from that viewpoint, what you say (which must be the verbalisation of what you think) is often hilarious.

--Db

pboi said:
I understand the point he is trying to put across, but why belabor it with such vocabulary. Id happily say I have never quite seen anything like it, and thats with 10+ years internet usage behind me. One could say that the point he tries to make gets lost in the assault of words.
10+ years of internet usage ? Gosh !.....now that is a really very long time ! ........I had no idea, no conceptual benchmark at all.

TraderPattern said:
pboi

Its cos he thinks by using long words he will come across as more credible. *I perceive his style of writing as immature and arrogant too* - (edited by mod to match quote which was edited by original poster)
I promise to keep my explanations as simple as possible in the future, if I possibly can.

"percieve "....i before e except after c

"how to make easy money" ...do the hard work first ....yes ,disappointing isn't it ?

Here's the thing with Socrates : A while ago I was on the receiving end of his insults. So I had a quick look at some of his past posts. It turns out that, amongst other things :

a) Slander removed.
b) ditto

If you were to overhear someone during the course of your normal daily life burbling on in a similar fashion, what would you think? Would you think they would be worth debating these issues with? insult removed

Please review the T2W guidelines
http://www.trade2win.com/info/terms.php

JO

garethb said:
Interesting analogy Charlton.

I think perhaps trading is more like Ski Jumping. Except, perhaps, that it's more attractive to complete novices. Whilst Eddy the Eagle was pretty much unique in Ski Jumping just imagine if it was as popular as trading. Read the book, go to a free seminar then off to the top of the slope to set a world record first time out. You wouldn't be able to get near the local A&E dept.

Regards
Yes, quite, as usual very well and succinclty put. Very Good Indeed.

chump said:
"percieve "....i before e except after c

"how to make easy money" ...do the hard work first ....yes ,disappointing isn't it ?
Thanks, I missed it somewhere.

Spam Man said:
Here's the thing with Socrates : A while ago I was on the receiving end of his insults. So I had a quick look at some of his past posts. It turns out that, amongst other things :

edited by JO

If you were to overhear someone during the course of your normal daily life burbling on in a similar fashion, what would you think? Would you think they would be worth debating these issues with? edited by JO
"And hoooooooooouuuuuuuuu are yoooooooouuuuuu ?" as the caterpillar sitting on the mushroom smoking his hookah pipe ventured to inquire of Alice.

And so I do not know who you are and really not interested, but in your own very best interest, you ought not to get involved in gossip bandied around by malicious inadequate and envious persons

the blades said:
funniest poster, not writer of funniest posts.

:LOL:

UTB
You would not be able to discern the difference, so I should not let it worry you unduly.:LOL:

SOCRATES said:
You would not be able to discern the difference, so I should not let it worry you unduly.:LOL:

'tis quite true Soc. 2,600+ pointless posts, and I still haven't worked it out - though at least I gave up trying at number 3.

Mind, most of us can at least extract the insults and rudeness embedded in the majority of them. But if acting in such a way makes such a "genius" happy, then clearly you inhabit a world where most of us would rather not be anyway.

UTB

PS - and you're "glad we're not there with you" - a few words there that will save you 20 minutes and 500+ more, surely? :LOL:

Last edited:
what about going on a trading seminar

I am kind of new to this trading game and I was thinking of going on to a trading seminar has anyone heard of darren winters any recommendations