How To Make Easy Money.......

Tubbs said:
Did you all stop for Harry Hill? - I notice the crap ended about 5:35 PM.

I dread to think how much of the net is clogged with rubbish like this thread.

It's how one talks to those who are confined to the 5th floor :)

Hi Nic,
Tubbs said:
I dread to think how much of the net is clogged with rubbish
My best guestimate is upwards of 80%.
Tubbs said:
. . . like this thread.
Ah, I have to disagree with you there. The opening post raises an important point that concerns many traders. Newbies starting out seek 'gurus' to learn from and, conversely, said gurus seek out the newbies in order to offer their expertise and wisdom, be it for personal gain or for more altruistic reasons. Now, it's a matter of debate as to why both dbphoenix and SOCRATES choose to share their respective market knowledge and insights with the great unwashed here on T2W. But, thankfully they do and, as a consequence, both have their devotees and their detractors. It goes with the territory. Every once in a while they come head to head and their exchanges serve to remind us all that though they may be great gurus, they are also ordinary human beings just like you and me. Far from being rubbish, this is important. Allow us mortals to savour the moment, please!
Tim.

I just think it detracts from useful areas like this to always have to put up with bickering from various sides. I think the thread mirror the original subject. All information on trading is useful, even if it is to find out what not to do. With that in mind I won't add any more to this discussion!

I'm sure most here on T2W would have heard of the "turtles". A group of people taught to trade in a mere two weeks time and went on to be a phenomenally successful group of traders. Their complete system is now available free on the internet. In the introduction to this material the author states that Richard Dennis believed they could print up the complete system in the daily newspaper and still 95% of people would loose money because they wouldn't follow the rules.

Seems to me that anyone can be taught to trade or can teach themselves from reading books. I believe the fault lies not in the books, though a good many of them do turn out to be ****e. I believe the fault lies with the reader.

Someone mentioned the iceskating before and how you can't learn it from reading a book. Bad analogy I think as iceskating is a physical activity and hence requires physical demonstration to be learnt. Trading on the other hand is a mental activity and hence the only demonstration that can be given is through words and pictures. Those words and pictures can be found in books if one is willing to read, comprehend and then practice the principles found in said books.

Socrates you say..........

"The problem is that great traders are great traders because they are great traders.

It is impossible for them to transfer their greatness to anyone, least of all by writing a book........

The reality of being able to transmute, transpose, transfer their greatness through the written word is not achievable. This is because they are great, which not everybody is."

If you believe the aim of teaching is to "transfer greatness" from the teacher to the student then I think you miss the point of teaching. Everyone has different inherent abilities that will affect how well they can do something regardless of the teaching received. As you say it is impossible to trasfer ones greatness to another. Should this mean no one should receive teaching in any subject? Should we do away with schools? Of course not. The aim of teaching is to give knowledge from one to another. Perhaps to give insight into that greatness the teacher possesses in order to facilitate the fullfilment of the potential in the student, whatever that potential is.

Cheers,
PKFFW

PKFFW said:
If you believe the aim of teaching is to "transfer greatness" from the teacher to the student then I think you miss the point of teaching.

Yes, he does, which is a rather large bone of contention.

However, this particular path has been well-trod. In fact, much more than well-trod. Since all of this is under Chat, I assumed that the first post was geared toward that. However, if it is intended to be yet another discussion on whether or not trading can be taught, then I suggest that those who are interested in the subject look at one of the many other threads dealing with whether or not trading can be taught.

As for my posts here, the moderators are again welcome to delete every post I've made to the thread, as well as all the posts which quote my posts in order to make some comment or other on them. This should reduce the bloat of the thread substantially.

--Db

.....Don`t trade, just write a book/DVD or CD on how to supposedly do it.

Have you noticed how all these so called traders can find the time to write all these books etc. on how to trade? But what gets me is how there seems to be a circle amongst them that write introductions on each others books saying how great this and that particular book/dvd is.

Just had another email promoting John Pipers The Way To Trade and in the sales pitch is quotes from the likes of Elder saying how brill the book is! You see it time and again in these books, each of them promoting each other.

I met John Piper on a professional basis in the hope to give me some guidance to becoming a trader. He spent a quarter of `my` hour on the phone dealing with another of his services and then made my pocket £200 lighter for the benefit of telling me I need a system! For another £2.5k pa he`d help devise one! Yeah right.

It just brings it home to me that it must be far easier to write about trading then actually doing it.

Maybe Im just being cynical?

HI, I signed up for his lunchtime trader signals system not worth £200 didn,t make a penny , rubbish would have made more on my own . you live and learn!

Have lunch on John Piper ! Britains Number 1 trading Guru...

*** From the desk of John Piper ***

LT_header(2).gif

To be fair , he does say it's a bizarre experiment!

Well, this is a strange post indeed! Started off thinking ahh here we have an easy way to make money, and it develops into a serious discussion about reading carefully between the lines.

Well, on writing a book or course to teach traders how to make money from the markets thats a good thing to do, especially if you can pass on your wisdom to others, and why not?
Trading is about learning and growing in knowledge, we don't know it all, so someone has to put pen to paper and actually put down ideas and concepts that work, otherwise how will others learn.

Teaching trading is a great idea, why sit there knowing you can make the life of others better by teaching, if you are a position trader what the hell else are you going to do with all this time you create. I stopped day trading and started position trading - now I have loads of time, I love analysisng the markets and I am good at it so why not show other people the way.

Smalldog

No great traders also do write books. It's not just failed traders, of that I am convinced.

Take my case. I may very well consider writing my own book if and when I get urge to cut back my trading, to take a "sabbatical". From a personal perspective, writing a book would be like taking a little holiday from trading. For consistently profitable traders such as myself, there is often an urge to give something to those who are struggling, and writing a book or offering trading courses is a great way to do it.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Excuse me but this is one of the most ridiculous and funny posts I have read.
Consider writing a book
Taking a sabbatical
Take my case
For consistently profitable traders such as myself
All the hall marks of a failed trader.
I have not even got the Joke of the day thread and I am holding my stomach laughing.

Last edited: