How to make a living by selling courses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok bramble,
Maybe I am getting a bee in my bonnet about nothing well actually I am by the looks of it

Maybe I had a bad day, who knows maybe I am bored,
Please don't take my ramblings too seriously
and I will try to relax and join in the spirit of things
No probs mate. We all have them. I know I do....

ok, let me be absolutely clear.

it's NOT a tongue in cheek thread, as i said before. if you want to take it as a laugh, be my guest. as far as im concerned, it's a money making business.

if enough of you don't like this thread, have the mods close it, i'll simply go my own way. that'll save me some time cos i won't have to type up everything here.

bottomline: selling course through internet marketing is a vastly profitable and low risk business, of course you need to work at it, but just as you would do to set up any other business. the downside is extremely low, virtually non-existent. the most you can lose is the fee you pay to a web site provider and the time you spent.

take your pick.

so gamma, you don't mind newbs being fleeced by vendors cos i don't remember you being up in arms in the past. but you do mind when I tell you how to do it, is that it?

or are you a vendor yourself in disguise and are upset that i'm letting out trade secrets here?[/QU

I believe there is enough information here on this site for any newbie never to have go on any course.
I am not a vendor or more importantly a failed trader As its only failed traders who becomes vendors or gurus or mentors in my book.

bramble ,
I am sorry you missed the upthrust in gb/usd
But if you candlesticks there was a clear entry point yesterday morning at 7am
@197.
a lesson to all maybe only start posting on T2W after you have done your work.

with regard to gb/usd a reversal candle may be forming on the hourly but wait for confirmation if you use candlesticks but please also look at other factors as well not just candle sticks

good trading to all.

bottomline: selling course through internet marketing is a vastly profitable and low risk business,

You will find this much much harder than you think. The number of offerings on the internet nowdays for absolutely everything in this area has sky rocketed in recent times. I am curious to know the following:

1) How you think you will market this ?
2) Why anyone will buy from you when they will have probably 500 other choices that are marketed just as well, (if not even better), than your product ?

Internet marketing is made out as an easy way to sell something and is the new "Get Rich Quick" offering. The problem is that those who are doing very well at it have been doing it for years or have large resources to call on to make their product more likely to sell. Unless you have similar experience of resources it will be an uphill struggle to make all the sales that you seem to think will come your way with ease.

Paul

t333,
I don't need to make instant mega-bucks. for the first year I am happy to pay the costs from my pocket, which are not going to be massive anyway. remember, at £600 apiece, i don't need a great deal of sales to recoup my costs.

costs as I see them:
1 Websites (price varies but very easy to find ones with modest costs)
2 payment engine. to reduce cost i'll takle all payments through paypal only, i.e. not link to a card processig service. again, cost is modest and will come out of the price the customer pays.
3. marketing

Need to think about marketing carefully cos this is the really important part. I see the following opportunities:
1 search engine optimisation.
2 google ads.
3 marketing in trading websites such as these. this is the best form of ad cos its free to run and best of all these sites have a massive captive audience a majority of who actually want to buy. i only need to spend my own time to snare my punters in.

as I said, Im learning as I go along... I have no illusion that there is loads of competetion cos although there are millions of fresh newbs coming into the market every year, there are also thousands of very smart and experienced operators around, who've been doing this for years, as you rightly point out.

You will find this much much harder than you think. The number of offerings on the internet nowdays for absolutely everything in this area has sky rocketed in recent times. I am curious to know the following:

1) How you think you will market this ?
2) Why anyone will buy from you when they will have probably 500 other choices that are marketed just as well, (if not even better), than your product ?

Internet marketing is made out as an easy way to sell something and is the new "Get Rich Quick" offering. The problem is that those who are doing very well at it have been doing it for years or have large resources to call on to make their product more likely to sell. Unless you have similar experience of resources it will be an uphill struggle to make all the sales that you seem to think will come your way with ease.

Paul

You have a good point. I used to be in the out-of-print booktrade and there were successful/unsuccessful dealers. When the internet came along "everyone was going to be profitable" - :LOL:

Internet's just another tool and it won't turn a poor vendor into a good one anymore than it will solve the problems of an incompetent trader.

t333,
I don't need to make instant mega-bucks. for the first year I am happy to pay the costs from my pocket, which are not going to be massive anyway. remember, at £600 apiece, i don't need a great deal of sales to recoup my costs.

costs as I see them:
1 Websites (price varies but very easy to find ones with modest costs)
2 payment engine. to reduce cost i'll takle all payments through paypal only, i.e. not link to a card processig service. again, cost is modest and will come out of the price the customer pays.
3. marketing

Need to think about marketing carefully cos this is the really important part. I see the following opportunities:
1 search engine optimisation.
2 google ads.
3 marketing in trading websites such as these. this is the best form of ad cos its free to run and best of all these sites have a massive captive audience a majority of who actually want to buy. i only need to spend my own time to snare my punters in.

as I said, Im learning as I go along... I have no illusion that there is loads of competetion cos although there are millions of fresh newbs coming into the market every year, there are also thousands of very smart and experienced operators around, who've been doing this for years, as you rightly point out.

Well good luck with it. Have you got a site up already so we can have a butchers at ? And doesn't the price need to end in 7 ? like £597 or something its a magical psyche number ?

And why not strive to offer a half decent product ? wouldn't that give you more long term revenues , surely a half decent "widget" will help sell it self. ?

John Piper says its a valid option and I thought he was a trusted uncle, that "££&*(^$%£$%^ er.

Good luck, i mean work smart .

I do see merit in selling information, but own morals will for some mean that the info should be viable imho. No need to flog a dead horse, but one with three legs is a goer .(y)

Well good luck with it. Have you got a site up already so we can have a butchers at ? And doesn't the price need to end in 7 ? like £597 or something its a magical psyche number ?

crikey, look at that number, £597 , its pulling me in already, kin'ell whats going on, I want to buy somethin.....
(y)

Last edited:
ok, let me be absolutely clear.

it's NOT a tongue in cheek thread, as i said before. if you want to take it as a laugh, be my guest. as far as im concerned, it's a money making business.

if enough of you don't like this thread, have the mods close it, i'll simply go my own way. that'll save me some time cos i won't have to type up everything here.

bottomline: selling course through internet marketing is a vastly profitable and low risk business, of course you need to work at it, but just as you would do to set up any other business. the downside is extremely low, virtually non-existent. the most you can lose is the fee you pay to a web site provider and the time you spent.

take your pick.

I was hoping I would be proved wrong on this thread and it was "just in Jest"

To actually boast about fleecing people puts you in the same league as Vince stazione (not sure about the spelling)
You will fail in your endeavor as trader333 points out its not such a simple task
With altruistic people like trader_dante and others around helping people the con artists
And failed traders selling courses will be pushed out.

Ok I have had enough I really do not know why I am getting so riled up at this thread.

Good Luck to you tss42 if you succeed. if people are stupid enough to be parted from they money so be it.
Good trading to all
I am not going to post on this thread anymore.

This is actually a lot easier than it sounds.

1 You [vendor] don't need any qualification [or trading experince?]. The only skills you need are a thick skin, some common sense and a nose to figure out what people want.

I too,thought this thread was taking the p***. Presumably, the marketing blurb will include the above?

Im all in favour for it, providing the vendor is selling a reasonable product. I do not agree with flog any old widget offered with a "tail light guarentee" There should be no need to be thick skinned, just sell a product you believe in, genuinely, it short the product should offer the end user usable value. Then the vendor should be able to make a fair trade for a fair/ desired price.

And why not strive to offer a half decent product ? wouldn't that give you more long term revenues , surely a half decent "widget" will help sell it self. ?

of course it will be a decent course. do you think the courses out there are short of good theory? all of them have sound advices like use stops, don't chase etc. whether they make money is another matter.

Well good luck with it. Have you got a site up already so we can have a butchers at ?

you do realise that I can never reveal the link between my website and this user id (tss42) ?

Introducing ROBOLOGIC™

robologicmacdzk1.png

Since posting ROBOLOGIC™ above the market is trading another +100 from shown.

ROBOLOGIC™ Make everyday your day.

Status
Not open for further replies.