How To Lose Money Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
MMTrader said:
trying to pick tops and bottoms!

Another very good answer, but not my view.

Question:

What is the quickest way to Lose Money in The Trading Game :?:

Thank You.

Crap Buddist said:
OK maybe ? this is better.

Pole is me , straight up :!: ,the pole has no brother beside heaven :idea: ,nor sister beside hell :idea: , do not rush up to heaven's brother :!: else ye be visiting sister's in hell :!: . :idea:

That is the quickest way to lose :p

Discuss. no, think :idea: for to be told 2+2= T,no W , no A, noT aint no good for the soul :idea: :idea: :?:

No riddles or analogies, please, the rules must be observed, by all who partake.

You have now used up your 3rd chance.

If your next post breaks the rules, then I will be contacting the mods to request that you are banned from this thread.

An apology, to the readers, at any time, will restore all 3 chances.

Thank You.

wasp said:
Its not going to be 'buying options' is it, please no.

No, buying options can make money as well as selling options.

The question is in relation to any trader in any market, in other words, The Trading Game

Question:

What is the quickest way to Lose Money in The Trading Game :?:

Thank You.

No, it is a very simple question, and as I stated, similar to Master Mind, or Who Wants to Be A Millionaire, I will give the answer, which is My View, when someone posts a reply that is very close to my view.

" I have a strategy" - Charles Ingram

cough cough
"I do not mind taking the odd risk now and again.
"My strategy has been direct so far - take it by the bit and go for it.
"I've been very positive, I think.
"I do not think it's a gigabit, I do not think it's a nanomol or megatron. I am sure it's a googol."
cough

Googol Googal Ka-Gool

Crap Buddist said:
Okays we now entering the realms of the dutch mind controls the wonderfuls tecniques me and my goods friend henks buiilds to help us all find the answers to all lthe lifes questions by investigatin or the knowings that the often times in the questions we say what is its with in itselfs?

As an examples of which is now heres belows, thus

we take this questions, quickest ways to losing ?

we now apply using the wonderfuls of dutch mind controls techniques instantly becomes the knowings thus below this is the beings slowest unplanned route from the win.

This is very powerfuls techniques and always gives the answers which is in itself. :idea:

I have never heard of dutch mind control, but it sounds an interesting read, maybe in another thread, please.

Thank You

CYOF said:
No, it is a very simple question, and as I stated, similar to Master Mind, or Who Wants to Be A Millionaire, I will give the answer, which is My View, when someone posts a reply that is very close to my view.

Some replies to date have been along the line of my view, but not precise enough, and too general, so, with that, they did not constitute a correct answer in line with my view.

Thank You.

but the answers on those shows are objectively true, and not the views of the shows hosts!!

all the answers that have been given so far are "in the view" of the posters. the fact they dont coincide with your views, does not invalidate their answers.

You pose what appears to be an objective question, but your responses are personal views.

You should rephrase the question as:
What in CYOFs view is the quickest way to lose money at trading?

Crap Buddist said:
Okays, henks wants for to me to show the peoples the powerfuls of the wonderfuls further with the dutch minds controls .

as we have solve the problems of the quickest ways to the losings we further using the wonderfuls of the dutch mind controls take the questions and this is the very wonderfuls questions for alls the wonderfuls traders in the worlds to find the answers in.

Okays the dutch minds controls next wonderfuls questions is..

way to take the mosts from the wins ?

okays so now we have the questions ,henks now applying the powerfuls & the wonderfuls techniques of the Dutch mind controls to find the answers to the wonderfuls questions..

The techniques remembers are so powerfuls it is within itself the question yes the wonderfuls answers and they never wrongs too and thats whats so powerfuls & wonderfuls ?

thus the powerfuls & the wonderfuls and this is powerfuls and wonderfuls answers to the question

from unplanned least to the lose

Okays please maybe some wonderfuls members would like to try themselves with the powerfuls & wonderfuls of the dutch mind controls.

Another thread please - off topic - but I will give you the benefit of the doubt this time, as your intentions are good.

You have used up all of your 3 chances.

Thank You

CYOF said:
Again, a very good reply, but not my view, so the answer is No.

And to add, the two Golden Rules presented by P.O.P, the Phantom of The Pits, in my view, are a must for any serious trader, and Rule No.1 is of paramount importance, always.

Thank You

CYOF,

What sort of time difference is there between the "quickest" in your view Vs the ones given so far?

Eg/ X number of traders with the same amount of equity start trading. 1 trades using your view of the quickest way to lose money and every other trader uses 1 of the views given so far.

Are you confident the one trading your view will always blow his/her account first?

Is this just your view or is there statistical/empirical evidence to support it?

tightstops said:
got to page 6 of this thread and got tired of reading (cyof saying no your answer is wrong every 2nd post didnt help) no doubt all the usual cliche's have been mentioned my question is - was cyof's answer any more interesting than the usual answers to this question and what was it. thanks in advance for saving me time and sanity

You are entitled to your view, the same as everyone else.

I will give my answer when someone comes very close to my view.

I also noted that I was posting the question too many times, so I have stopped that, but I will re state it now and again, as it will prevent readers from having to go back to post#1 to read it.

Thank you.

timm said:
The quickest way is to trade an instrument with a large spread. You have lost money as soon as you are filled. You don't need to wait for the market to move against you.You can close immediately to be sure of a really good loss.

Can we have Question No.2 now please?

Whilst this is of course correct, and is a very important selection criteria in relation to choosing an instrument to trade, we are talking about the Trading Game in general.

As I mentioned in post#1,

"The first question is broad - but the field will narrow."

So the answer is No, this is not my view.

Thank You.

Kiwi said:
The quickest way to lose money is to stand back from your charts, decide which way the market is going, and then enter a trade in the opposite direction with tight stops. Repeat as long as you are enjoying the activity.

Again, this is a very good post, as it identifies how many traders, even though they see the chart starts in the bottom left screen, and finishes in the top right, still decide to trade in the opposite direction to the least path of resistance.

But, this is not my answer in relation to the question.

My answer will be expanded on when given, but, for now, it will consist of two words, and two words only.

Thank You.

JTrader said:
All a trader needs is greed and indiscipline and failure is sure to follow.

This is indeed true, and we all know about the good old Fear & Greed family.

And, Mother Fear is by far the worst enemy of success, and the first born child of Mother Fear, the Worry child, is the one who creates all of the problems, but that is for another thread, some other time.

So, your answer is also No, this is not my view.

I must run now, but I will answer all posts in case someone has come close to my view, as I would not like anyone to think that I am ignoring them after they have taken the time to reply.

Thank You.

CYOF,

if you have concerns about the usual suspects disrupting your thread, you have the option of requesting that the thread be put into a private forum, like Technical Trader, and anyone wishing to read and post has to get your permission first.

You can then post to your hearts content, knowing you are peaching to the already converted and invited members.
You will also have moderating facilities.

trendie said:
but the answers on those shows are objectively true, and not the views of the shows hosts!!

all the answers that have been given so far are "in the view" of the posters. the fact they dont coincide with your views, does not invalidate their answers.

You pose what appears to be an objective question, but your responses are personal views.

That is a one hell of a good post, trendie.

Firstly, the only person that can answer this question is the person that has the experience of losing money at a faster pace than losing money on other occasions, perhaps comparing the velocity of one negative equity curve to another based upon negative financial performance, measured as an end product of your trade decisions. From these experiences they will be in a position to define what is the fastest way to lose money, based upon tangible experience. Ofcourse, this question is ultimately subjective due to the varying degree's of negative equity curves as experienced by each individual trader. The only person who can answer this question is the person who has defined a very fast way to lose money, via experience, but how can this person be certain that this is the fastest way to lose money ? Perhaps there will be another experience someway down the road that is even faster still !

However having made these basic statements, I will offer several general rules that are commonly accepted as methods of losing money, one method maybe be faster for one person than it is for another, based upon that individuals life/trading experiences.

1 Dont trade upon an emotional impulse.
2 Dont enter a position without any clear exit strategy, as defined by your trading technique.
3 Dont trade against probability.
4 Dont take a position without any awareness of why you decided to enter.
5 Dont buck the trend.
6 Dont break your money management strategy.

The answer is ofcourse "WHO KNOWS" !!!!

Glenn said:
Out of this comes an answer for the thread starter.
To lose money quickly, don't manage your risk.
However it may not be his answer ------ yet.

Glenn

Glenn, again you are correct in what you say, and we all know how important Risk control is, along with a thorough understanding of Expectancy, I might add, but in relation to the question at hand, your answer is No, that is not my view.

Thank You.

trendie said:

No, this is not correct.

I used the analogy, in relation to the "answering of a question", which is breaking the rules, so I am now warning myself, and I have used up 1 of my three chances, the same as everyone else.

Thank you for pointing that out Glenn, as I try to be fair and square, with all.

I am now apologising to all the readers for breaking the rules, so I have now reverted to my 3 chances again.

I have stated My View, and the reason I say "View" is to differentiate between a View and an Opinion, the difference between which I have previously stated, and that is, for the purpose of this thread, a View is based on Experience, whilst an Opinion is based on Inspiration.

My view is 100% in keeping with the title of the thread - How To Lose Money Trading.

What is more, we will take all of the answers given, when complete, and send them to 3 Brokers to get their opinion on which answer is, in their independent View, the most appropriate to the title of the thread - we will cover both UK and US Brokers.

Thank You.

new_trader said:
CYOF,

What sort of time difference is there between the "quickest" in your view Vs the ones given so far?

Eg/ X number of traders with the same amount of equity start trading. 1 trades using your view of the quickest way to lose money and every other trader uses 1 of the views given so far.

Are you confident the one trading your view will always blow his/her account first?

Is this just your view or is there statistical/empirical evidence to support it?

If you participate in The Trading Game, and operate in line with my view, for each and every trade, then you are guaranteed to lose your money, every time you trade, guaranteed.

Now, you can of course cut your losses real short, which will be the sensible thing to do, or you can sit and Hope that you will recover some of your losses, but the fact remains, if you operate in line with my view, you will lose your money every time, guaranteed.

Blowing ones account is an entirely different matter, and this is more to do with the amount of Capital Risk taken per trade, Position Sizing and Expectancy of the system (or method) - note: when I mention system, I am not referring to a mechanical system, I am referring to a method of trading, and this method produces an average Expectancy figure for a given set of trades, and the number of trades will be determined by the chosen market, and the traded instrument within that market.

In my view, the above three elements, when used in unison, allow for complete control, but, when used in isolation, can be detrimental to the trader, especially if the trader is new to trading.

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.