how much money should I lose?

I plan to start trading real money instead of a demo account and have accepted the fact that I will lose it all. What is a good amount to deposit considering the fact that I will definitely lose it all?

tomorton

Legendary member
8,041 1,180
Traders lose money in their early trading because they don't go in using a consistently profitable system. Its like getting into a new car and driving away at top speed before you've checked how to use the brakes.

Demo simple strategies until you make money consistently. Its much cheaper that way - better to spend 3 or 6 or 12 months on demo and still have all your money in your account, than to trade for real and lose all that money in 1 week.

Kevin FD

55 6
I plan to start trading real money instead of a demo account and have accepted the fact that I will lose it all. What is a good amount to deposit considering the fact that I will definitely lose it all?
its a good decision or not its difficult to say but one thing i can guarantee even though you do so many losses from real account , this will help you a lot to acquire live knowledge and experience that we cant get from demo, because there is no emotions when trading. just try to accept losses as a general issue. it will support you more.

timsk

Legendary member
7,304 2,091
. . . What is a good amount to deposit considering the fact that I will definitely lose it all?
If this is a serious question, then I have some serious advice to offer you: don't become a trader - it's not for you. Do something else. Anything, anything at all, just don't waste more time or any money on trading.

Sharim

56 4
The shortest and correct answer to the question about minimum capital for beginners on the market will be like - deposit as much as you will not regret to lose. But there is a more detailed answer to how to calculate the sum of the future deposit.
1. Decide in advance what assets you want to buy. A simple example - one share of the chosen company costs $10. But you will not buy only one? Multiply by the number of shares that you want and can afford to buy. That will be the amount to start.
2. Make an approximate list of assets that you are interested in. And take a look at their quotes.
3. It's better to make a portfolio of shares of different companies for reliability. It's called a diversified portfolio. But it's only possible if you're willing to allocate more than a thousand dollars to acquire shares in at least 2 or 3 different companies. If you have a smaller deposit amount, you can't make a portfolio.
Your future income from trading on the stock exchange is measured in percentage terms. The higher the deposit amount, the higher the income. Let's take a look at the conditional figures. For example, you have $100 worth of shares. If the quotes grow by 50%, your income will be $50. And if you have shares at $1,000, then your income will be $500. This is the essence of financial markets - the slightest price change can bring considerable profit, if you invest in securities a large enough sum.

Bob_Marc

17 2
Whatever money you can afford to lose is how much you should invest.

Aramtant

29 0
Minimum deposit at brokers can be from 10 to 500 dollars for a beginner, depending on the type of account and fees. The minimum deposit, enough to work with a position of 0.01 lot, starts from $10, but it doesn't mean that you can earn on such amount.
Understanding what minimum amount you need to trade on Forex also depends on the lot size you enter the trade with. The higher the lot size, the bigger the deposit must be. This is due to the broker's requirements for margin. The margin taken by the broker when opening a trade looks like this - the account freezes the required amount, which is calculated from the quotes price and the size of the leverage.
But in general, in order not to lose a lot of money, and to try how to trade with real money on a real account, there are cent accounts existing on Forex.
A cent account is the minimum trading account for working on the financial markets, opened by a trader through registration on the Forex broker's website. A cent account is completely similar to a real trading deposit, but each lot is 100 times smaller and equals not $1, but one cent ($0.01). A cent account is designed to practice real trading before opening a full live account and is an alternative to a demo account.
Of course, losses and profit on a cent account are also 100 times less than on a real full live trading account.

Pat494

Legendary member
14,329 1,496
WELL how are you doing ?
With all this good advice it's only up to you now.............

Henry_6

11 1
What you should invest, that all depends on your budget and risk. It is different for every trader.

Kevin FD

55 6
What you should invest, that all depends on your budget and risk. It is different for every trader.
investment completely not depends on budget and risk management, its all about 25-30%, which amount of investment is more appropriate for you it depends on your knowledge and your money management ability. if you know how to manage money then with minor balance there is a chance to bring good amount of profit.

Pat494

Legendary member
14,329 1,496
Use a micro ( cent ) account. $100 is plenty to play with.
Get it up to $200 with a max bet of 0.10 cents before adding in more.

Kevin FD

55 6
Use a micro ( cent ) account. $100 is plenty to play with.
Get it up to $200 with a max bet of 0.10 cents before adding in more.
its a perfect suggestion , low risk ratio but effective , thanks sir for your reply with real logic.

postman

Legendary member
23,504 2,732
Think of it as an experience.
If you think you will lose it in a day invest as much as you would spend on a good night out.
If you think you will lose it in a week invest as much as you would spend on a weeks holiday.
If you think you will lose it in one year invest as much as you would spend on a gap year round the world tour.
If you think you would lose it all in 3 years invest as much as you would on a degree course.

Now the question becomes not 'how much should you lose' but 'how much you are willing to pay for your experience'.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock