How to get data from screen ?

dippy46

19 0
2005-03-11 02:35 London
@zzaxx99 :
Go here www.structurise.com/kleptomania/index.shtml and download .
Set activate keys to ctrl shift.
Try it manually first, very impressive.I tried it with html,flash and java, no problem

using autohotkey
;----------------------------------------
loop every 1 minute or whatever ?
mousemove startx,starty
send ctrl shift
mouseclickleft
mousemove endx,endy
mouseclick left
send 1 ; predined save option you set
retrieve text from clipboard and process as required.
end loop
;-----------------------------------------------------------------------

QED.

Bernie025

2 0
Rebut

NO! The only way is to read off the data from the chart or table or whatever by eye. 2nd choice is see if the program allows you to save or export the data to a file. Last alternative is find out if the program supports some kind of interface (e.g. DDE, programmable .. etc) and implement or use that.
How can u categorically say 'NO'??? Of course there should be. I'll tell u why: I was Ctrl-Cing of selected stocks in the Mexican stock market and then pasting it with Ctrl-V in Excel (not capturing it by eye and keystroke!!!!). So if you can do that it mustn't be difficult to program it to be done every so often.

Bernie025

2 0
Rebut

NO! The only way is to read off the data from the chart or table or whatever by eye. 2nd choice is see if the program allows you to save or export the data to a file. Last alternative is find out if the program supports some kind of interface (e.g. DDE, programmable .. etc) and implement or use that.
How can u categorically say 'NO'??? Of course there should be. I'll tell u why: I was Ctrl-Cing selected stocks in the Mexican stock market and then pasting it with Ctrl-V in Excel (not capturing it by eye and keystroke!!!!). So if you can do that it mustn't be difficult to program it to be done every so often.

numbertea

257 9
Hi

I want to get a program that will get data from my screen automatically and to use the data in a program . Can this be done !

Any ideas/help

Thank you
Easily possible with Visual Basic, c#, or C++. VB especially easy with Marshall class. You could take screen shots at whatever interval you want and then use OCR to match a font to whatever area you select on the screen. If it is financial instrument data that you are after I would recommend paying for a reliable data feed but anything is possible. Just be aware of limitations and the fact that free data is usually quite filtered. I don't know if that is what you want or not. EOD data should be easy to find for most major markets free in CSV form already. Have fun.

Cheers