How the world sees us - Traders?

UJE

The misconception of trading to be "Get-Rich-Quick" has made family, relatives, friends and love ones place the wrong expectations on we traders thinking it will happen overnight. Maybe they should see us first as "Businessmen" and "traders" as second. What's your thought?

Attachments

• IMG_20201119_215620.jpg
    IMG_20201119_215620.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 200
The misconception of trading to be "Get-Rich-Quick" has made family, relatives, friends and love ones place the wrong expectations on we traders thinking it will happen overnight. Maybe they should see us first as "Businessmen" and "traders" as second. What's your thought?
A fruit stall salesman is a trader, a butcher is a trader ...
And guess what, in the 1980's those 'barrow boys' were the best share traders, because trading shares is the same as trading fresh produce.
Do you only buy 1,000 bananas because bananas make the most profit or do you buy apples and pears because no one wants to buy bananas from you and apples from another stall and pears from a third. How long will your fruit keep before it expires worthless. The similarities are endless. No one says to a market stall holder 'get a proper job' or expects them to become rich overnight.
Traders trade, if you friends and family dont like the 'name' thats their problem not yours. If you dont like the name you have not come to terms with what you really are.

Reactions: UJE
As @postman indicates, the most common response is 'Get a proper job' :(
(as riches and luxury cars are noticeably absent)

And contempt is another common view too- when a trade has made a whopping 12 pennies or so profit.

But these are the very same people who are terrified at the very real prospect of their conventional 'furloughed' job ceasing to exist in the very near future indeed!

I tell them, I'll keep trading and they can keep hoping the Government will bail them out (don't count on that though).

:D

A fruit stall salesman is a trader, a butcher is a trader ...
And guess what, in the 1980's those 'barrow boys' were the best share traders, because trading shares is the same as trading fresh produce.
Do you only buy 1,000 bananas because bananas make the most profit or do you buy apples and pears because no one wants to buy bananas from you and apples from another stall and pears from a third. How long will your fruit keep before it expires worthless. The similarities are endless. No one says to a market stall holder 'get a proper job' or expects them to become rich overnight.
Traders trade, if you friends and family dont like the 'name' thats their problem not yours. If you dont like the name you have not come to terms with what you really are.
i really do understand you postman. What I mean to emphasize on is that "trading" should be seen from the angle of "a business". More than 80% of the world sees trading, especially for the "FX traders" as an avenue for easy and quick wealth. I think the trading world would be a better place for we, if we do approach it as our "business" and not a "hobby" or "2nd source of income".

As @postman indicates, the most common response is 'Get a proper job' :(
(as riches and luxury cars are noticeably absent)

And contempt is another common view too- when a trade has made a whopping 12 pennies or so profit.

But these are the very same people who are terrified at the very real prospect of their conventional 'furloughed' job ceasing to exist in the very near future indeed!

I tell them, I'll keep trading and they can keep hoping the Government will bail them out (don't count on that though).

:D
You've definitely said my mind @MasterOfCoin
Love that

Millionaires, since most people think that trading makes us rich easily and quickly.

Some see us as businessmen, while others point as gamblers. It is just about that perspective. But finally, does it really matter?

Some see us as businessmen, while others point as gamblers. It is just about that perspective. But finally, does it really matter?
Perspective comes in here alot. Can you blame them? Charlatans on social media make it look like the forex market is a money printing machine. Zero work millions in gains 😂.

Millionaires, since most people think that trading makes us rich easily and quickly.
Most of the traders want to become rich quickly but they most fail because of lack of knowledge and skills so always learn properly and trade at demo account to practice.

don't worry about what they see you as, just make some money, that part they can understand

Traders always seemed like businessmen to me until I became one. My family doesn’t understand how it works at all, so I typically only update them with info about how much I’ve lost or made. I think my grandparents were surprised that I actually made money trading and my husband isn’t that interested either, but it helps pay the bills so they look at it in a positive light.

I couldn't care less what other people think about how I describe what I do. People fear what they don't understand and so will pour scorn on it. You won't change their mind with force so why bother. Those that come to you to ask will be more open minded.

I'd say as others have said they may look at us in disdain sometimes .
Who can blame them when you've got IG Instatraders pushing outright lies about the amounts they make fake lifestyle etc

Most of the people who I know think of me as a gambler or someone who earns money by doing absolutely nothing unless I knock sense into them. And tell them what trading is actually and then they start doubting whether I even make money.

Most people have no idea all that is involved with trading.

It is one of the most difficult ways to consistently make money. At least 95% of people will fail.