How often

I had my first piece of luck this week. Went long eurusd for 125k, took half profit at approx 2.5:1 risk reward, moved stop to break even. So 62.5k left on (don't get too het up-is $6.25 per pip). Unfortunately, I didn't notice that the stop did not automatically correspond with the half position that I still had on the markets.
So I went out, came back 2 hours later and the price had reversed, the other half of my original trade had closed at break even, but becasue the sell stop limit was at 100% of my original trade size (125k), it also opened a short at this level at 62.5k. I came back to see I was in the market, with no orders attached, but luckily was approx $240 in profit. I say luckily, I just panicked and closed the position I was so freaked. Shame I did, would have made me even more if I had left it open as Eurusd has continued to drop!
Thing is, I got lucky because I'm gettinmg better at identifying key levels/reversal points. Having said that, I now have an alarm on my phone set for 5pm each day with the message to check all orders in the market before I leave...

The sentences confirm that you are very new to the gambling world.

Give it a few years.

After that these sentences would carve out their rough edges and you would actually know what you are attempting when putting down money.

Sadly not safvan, been trading quite a while, is my first piece of luck that has worked out well for me. Hard to convey in a message that took approx 1 min to bang out-am using a new broker+charting package-was first time I had closed out half an order, and wasn't aware that attached orders did not readjust their lot sizes accordingly. Will have to mail the chart provider to see what I need to do to ensure this occurs.
I know precisely what I'm attempting to do when I put down money-long eurousd at 1.3027 this morning and make trades like that every day. That isn't luck. It appears that senior traders, or people who think they are, like to talk in a zenlike manner. I find that this doesn't help anyone, and to be straight and direct, and also self -deprecating at times, works wonders...

I have not experienced rewards or have came out with my bank balance intact after making a trading error. One of the errors i have eliminated permanently from my trading is prediction [It always is true but something else happens before it becomes true :p ]

i have a rule now - As a analyst capture tops and bottoms BUT As a trader go watch cnbc/bloomberg beauties when the reversal is happening