How much sleep do you get?

LiboNZT

The title might be a little funny but I personally consider sleeping schedules as a major point of interest. I am mostly reffering to traders who operate on their own. Since my sleeping schedule is a bit f!@#d I am interested in learning how others maintain balance between their work,everyday life and sleeping. For example, let's say you trade in european exhanges ( london TZ). How is your day structured? What time do you wake up and what time does your research end after the market's closure?

Sleep is for wimps :LOL:

Trading the FX overnight obviously going to screw up your sleep pattern.

Even trading the US markets till 9pm uk time.. the emotions of a big winning day or a big losing day could prevent you from falling asleep before midnight.

But if you finish at 16:30, hopefully that would give you enough time to put the trading day behind you.

The title might be a little funny but I personally consider sleeping schedules as a major point of interest. I am mostly reffering to traders who operate on their own. Since my sleeping schedule is a bit f!@#d I am interested in learning how others maintain balance between their work,everyday life and sleeping. For example, let's say you trade in european exhanges ( london TZ). How is your day structured? What time do you wake up and what time does your research end after the market's closure?
i am my own boss so I sleep as much or as less as I want. :clap:
there are days when I sleep for more or less 8 hours, while some days I am on bookworm or reading mode that I sleep just 3-6 hours.

i usually do my research/extra reading on weekends so I can afford to sleep continuously during weekdays. I also take naps whenever my prior sleep is inadequate.

if you are having problems around your sleep/day schedule, try becoming a polyphasic sleeper, wherein you take several sleep/nap time in any given day. I have seen one forum before dedicated to this, you might wanna search for it.

Sleep only when you need to.....I find the more activities going on around me the less I need

5 hours tops a night

N

read up about sleep patterns at Lance Beggs Trading site

yourtradingcoach.com

he trades out of Australia and was testing some sleep patterns where he went to 2 shorter sleeps a day and some other ideas all based on sleep research ....

dont think it suited him though ;)

N

read up about sleep patterns at Lance Beggs Trading site

yourtradingcoach.com

he trades out of Australia and was testing some sleep patterns where he went to 2 shorter sleeps a day and some other ideas all based on sleep research ....

dont think it suited him though ;)

N

Thanks, i'll check that out, seems interesting!