How many trades should I place at once?

nswnsw4

If I see multiple trading opportunities in different markets should I buy place a trade on all of them? Perhaps a set amount of trades at once? Perhaps a percentage of my capital? Please help me.

If I see multiple trading opportunities in different markets should I buy place a trade on all of them? Perhaps a set amount of trades at once? Perhaps a percentage of my capital? Please help me.
What markets?

Maybe think about it as a risk management, as you’ll have to distribute your risk correctly through the different trades…

Just in general, different currencies, metals, stocks any market.
You're destined to be a jack of all trades and master of none. In a trading context, this means you'll lose all your money. Focus on one market only (indices, stocks or commodities etc.) and study it to the extent that would enable you to deliver an hour long TED talk about to to a packed audience without any notes. If you do that, you'll probably find that the "multiple trading opportunities" you think you see don't really exist or, if they do, only with the benefit of hindsight.
;)

You're destined to be a jack of all trades and master of none. In a trading context, this means you'll lose all your money. Focus on one market only (indices, stocks or commodities etc.) and study it to the extent that would enable you to deliver an hour long TED talk about to to a packed audience without any notes. If you do that, you'll probably find that the "multiple trading opportunities" you think you see don't really exist or, if they do, only with the benefit of hindsight.
;)
The point of my question was what if u see multiple trade signals. For examples multiple trade signals on multiple currencies if I trade forex, multiple trade signals on multiple stocks if I trade stocks. Do u place multiple trades if yes how many 2? 3?

The point of my question was what if u see multiple trade signals. For examples multiple trade signals on multiple currencies if I trade forex, multiple trade signals on multiple stocks if I trade stocks. Do u place multiple trades if yes how many 2? 3?
That depends on time frame. If you're a swing or position trader with trades that last many days to many months then, with practice and experience, managing multiple open positions is doable. If you're a day trader, juggling multiple trades simultaneously that may only last minutes will (note emphasis) end in disaster.

Assuming you're new to trading, I recommend you stick to one market, steer clear of day trading altogether and only open one trade at a time - two at the most - if they're running over a number of days/weeks. If you're seeing "multiple trade signals" left, right and centre, then your set up isn't anywhere near precise enough. Know your market, know the instrument(s) within that market and know your set ups inside out, and be sure to paper trade first and only risk real money when the paper trading is producing consistent results.
Tim.

So how many trades do u recommend? 3 trades at once? 5 trades at once?
No offence, but to me, your are coming off as a new trader who has no idea what he’s doing, so until this changes, my advice is 0 trades would be the best answer for you and my recommendation at this time…

I used to think like you and I found a question to that when I was a newbie and it was 7! So I had to trade until 7 trades! not less and not more!
But when I traded a little bit i found out that it is not working! I suggest you spend more time on demo accounts and then you'll find the answer!

It's better not to jump into all available opportunities. Instead, focus on a few good ones that you've thoroughly researched. Diversify your capital wisely among them, and make sure to manage your risks to protect your investment while aiming for profits.

The most important thing to consider is risk, most markets are correlated to the dollar if the dollar goes up whatever you’re trading will get crushed.
So first go open a 2 pane chart with the DXY and whatever you want to buy and see the correlation.
If you have 10 trades risking 2% each and the dollar rips you lost 20% of your account on one go.
So you’re not spreading risk, you’re spreading profit.

You can adopt a rule of risking 1-2% of your total capital on each trade. This approach can help you determine the number of trades you can place at once

Reactions: THT