How many pips does a pro rake in per week on average?

Ok - here's a harder 'fact' for you. Many prop fx traders at banks, and particularly maybe the sorts of jobbin market makers thta will also have personal prop type positions on will, consider 2.5-1 or 3-1 to be an acceptable INITIAL R/R ratio. Of course, they also job around positions, leg into crosses and trail stops, so even that limited fact, applied to a very very limited set of traders, in one market only, still requires a bunch of caveats at the end in order to be deemed 'semi accurate'.

See where I'm going with this? That's as near as you're going to get to a useful answer to this question imho. I'm trying, I really am, it's just that some people don't wanna hear the answer.

Oh well - no skin off my sunburned nose.

GJ

Blancspa said to me on the 'I'm Shorting Euros' thread that he doesn't even have any money and didn't actually put money on the trades he was talking about lol. Too many fakes up in here dude

Blancspa said to me on the 'I'm Shorting Euros' thread that he doesn't even have any money and didn't actually put money on the trades he was talking about lol. Too many fakes up in here dude

where are the fake ups?, show me

well , I can only hope I have contributed to this forum if not for now, it will be revealed in the future ... saying that is my last post in here as I am taking a job as a full time trader for a prop shop from next week ... g luck to you all
As for you triplelogstar ... I have watched your tactics for some time and the way you work I only hope someone like you wont be sitting next to my desk

Last edited:
Markets are there for all types of trading..but

Its only the medium to long term trades that yield good returns, i.e., stop loss = 50 pips against a reward of 350+ for retailers.. Coporates and Institutional will be looking for much more over much longer periods of time, and usually via an Option of some sort.

Most scalpers are not around for long!

excuse the simple talk,

of course results will vary greatly, the issue from my perspective that everyone has with my responses, is that I have answered the OP directly, in a manner through which i am only refering to and can speak only for myself.

everything else is b*ll****, to me, seriously, i have not edited a post which changes my viewpoint, only to express myself a little clearer than what I initially did.

GO BACK AND READ THIS THREAD AGAIN, FROM THE BEGINNING, and take an unbiased view of teh proceedings.

its pathetic....I am expressing my views and opinions only, not what is right or wrong.

If one pro-trader makes $1 million and another pro-trader loses $1million, what is the average?

Its only the medium to long term trades that yield good returns, i.e., stop loss = 50 pips against a reward of 350+ for retailers.. Coporates and Institutional will be looking for much more over much longer periods of time, and usually via an Option of some sort.

Most scalpers are not around for long!

50 pips STOP? That is very optimistic view if you notice that forex market can reverse/retrace by 70% during the day. If shooting for 350 pips I would never put my initial stop closer than 100 pips. And that is very, very risky still.

meow

any trader with half a brain cell knows it is not how many points someone takes, but how much money you take.

you are clearly not one of these people, nevermind
Yep...
To give evidence to this comment i can give you an example.

Today, a man made -96pips with a total profit of £10,000.
He made 4 pip @ 100 contracts on the ES (£5,000 per point)
And lost 100 pips @ £100 per point...

If one pro-trader makes $1 million and another pro-trader loses $1million, what is the average?

very good, but as we have descovered from this thread, a more intelligent investor/trader, should be asking the question:

how much, can you lose trading, on a given day/week/month/year, just give me and average, a ball part figure if it is possible?

can this question be answered?

imo the intelligent trader would know that there are very few questions in trading that can be answered with certainty. it is a ridiculous questions because different traders lose different amounts depending on their own personal risk parameters. furthermore, if you are that determined to figure out how much you personally can afford to lose on any given day/week etc, calculate you VAR.

50 pips STOP? That is very optimistic view if you notice that forex market can reverse/retrace by 70% during the day. If shooting for 350 pips I would never put my initial stop closer than 100 pips. And that is very, very risky still.

all this completely depends on the setup, the trader and the underlying market structure.

it could be risky for you, but for another trader, they could interprut your risk differently.

imo the intelligent trader would know that there are very few questions in trading that can be answered with certainty. it is a ridiculous questions because different traders lose different amounts depending on their own personal risk parameters. furthermore, if you are that determined to figure out how much you personally can afford to lose on any given day/week etc, calculate you VAR.

I know, with absolute certaintly, the answer to this question.....