How many instruments do you trade?

i just daytrade qqq, althought i'm considering trading of its more volatile underlying components like amzn and aapl.

I trade multiple instruments, including different asset class. The markets doesn't trend all the times, sometimes we will see certain instruments trend nicely and very profitable to trade and other times, they are just consolidating which is difficult to trade. However, we need to take our trading style into considerations, for scalpers/day traders, it's obviously that they should focus on one single market or two.

I prefer trading multiple instruments/indices. At least i dont have to stick with only 1 trade at a time. IMO, if ur strategy is good then it can be applied to other instruments as well

I prefer trading multiple instruments/indices. At least i dont have to stick with only 1 trade at a time. IMO, if ur strategy is good then it can be applied to other instruments as well

I trade turnips

I believe 1 is enough for day trading and more securities are needed for systems based on total number of occurences. More securities are also needed for longer term investing.

Watch list of 40 underlyings equities and etfs. No premium limits me to like 7 candidates. Mostly options

I keep my eye on 31 instruments. If your strategy works well, nothing wrong to put it on more instruments. 70% of the market is ranging. Putting 2 instruments on your portfolio just making yourself over trading on it.

pairs currently trade with my armada markets account
xc9nypi.jpg

narrowed the pairs and stop trade with NZDUSD,GBPUSD. make a few enchanment ea code in order to match trading condition, with zero stop/limit order entry it give a good result with most major, plan to re-activated on GU once i finish with the code.
any advice are welcome, while NU pair are new pair need to collect more information about this pair behaviour, such range, time to trade, SL/TP etc.

This question can not stand alone independently. And the time frame must be taken into account.

I hold from days to months and trade absolutely everything.

only one, I need to feel the pulse, the beat to be able to take advantage of the opportunities, if not the opportunities will take advantage of me.

I prefer using few trading contructs. Because if you use a large number of foreign exchange pairs, it is impossible to pay attention and make a qualitative analysis of each individual chart symbol.

I trade mostly the 16 major forex pairs. That said, most of these are based on USD, EUR or GBP, and there is usually no good reason to be long or short in more than 1 of each.

all you need is one. if you're in a big, liquid market.

the more games you play, or things you trade, the more likely your performance will suffer. be a master of one, not a jack of all trades.:idea:

I trade turnips

I hear the spreads vary quite a bit, not to mention the market-depth, and that it's a seasonal market, along with the parsnip and beetroot cross-pairs?

I trade forex only, with 95% of my trades being only EUR/USD/GBP/JPY combinations. Occasionally I trade CHF/AUD/CAD pairs. That's more than enough for me.

not much, for moment I stick with one primary pair. but to be honest sometimes reading many trading signal, arguing article related to news event lead me to put curiosity entry with another pairs.

I trade futures. Should be 42 in this list, if I've counted correctly.

CORN
LEANHOG
LIVECOW
SOYBEAN
WHEAT
AUS10
AUS3
KR10
KR3
BOBL
BTP
BUND
OAT
US10
US2
US20
US5
V2X
VIX
ASX
KOSPI
AEX
CAC
SMI
NASDAQ
SP500
AUD
EUR
GBP
JPY
MXP
NZD
COPPER
GOLD
PALLAD
PLAT
CRUDE_W
GAS_US
AUSSTIR
EDOLLAR
EUROSTX
FTSE

Until quite recently I also traded Shatz (http://qoppac.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/why-i-dont-like-short-end-german-bonds.html). In the last year I've also traded another five or so markets, but I wasn't getting decent sized positions in them so I've removed them.