For how many hours do you trade daily?

Exscudo

I was wondering how much time you guys devote to trading every day?
I’m not able to do it full time, the most I can give it is about an hour a day right now. Is this enough to start?
How about you?

I’m not able to do it full time, the most I can give it is about an hour a day right now. Is this enough to start?
How about you?

24 hrs.

Let your platform trade orders do the work.

But how much time do you actually spend tracking the activity or making corrections and so on?

OK well that depends if i'm working or on days off or market conditions that are of interest. Everyone will have a different answer to this question. Suffice to say, I look at the markets every day at some point and make any adjustments as required. Positions are small therefore managing outcomes is where i'm at. I've no wish to be controlled by the time element of trading and I don't rely on it as a means of income, so no pressure.

I suggest you use the daily time frame if you are time poor and trading manually. I hour a day is plenty.
Alternatively use your computer to assist you all day and just look in daily to see that things are going well.

OK well that depends if i'm working or on days off or market conditions that are of interest. Everyone will have a different answer to this question. Suffice to say, I look at the markets every day at some point and make any adjustments as required. Positions are small therefore managing outcomes is where i'm at. I've no wish to be controlled by the time element of trading and I don't rely on it as a means of income, so no pressure.
Thank you for clearing that up, I get where you are coming from. From what I'm hearing, to start about an hour a day that I can scrape is more than enough, and later I will also look to automate the process.

I suggest you use the daily time frame if you are time poor and trading manually. I hour a day is plenty.
Alternatively use your computer to assist you all day and just look in daily to see that things are going well.
Thank you very much! Will do just that. I will start manually and then look at automating the process when I get a hang of it, I think

I can understand. How much time one spends on trading would depend on trader to trader and his trading style . One hour for you may be fine and may not be. Keeping the fact in mind , that you are a new trader , i would suggest you to try to find some more time for trading , may be somewhere in between your work during lunch or early in the morning when the market opens , you can see how the market is moving and make your calculations as to how they will move in future.

In my own case, I concur on this.... word for word. I also think that the throwaway at the end ".....so no pressure" is about as good as you can possibly get for a beginner. :)

I daytrade daily so I am looking at my screens on average 3-5 hours each day I trade. I do however take at least 1 weekday per week off to give my mind a rest, and as others have said here: No pressure is a great way to go.

Peter

I can understand. How much time one spends on trading would depend on trader to trader and his trading style . One hour for you may be fine and may not be. Keeping the fact in mind , that you are a new trader , i would suggest you to try to find some more time for trading , may be somewhere in between your work during lunch or early in the morning when the market opens , you can see how the market is moving and make your calculations as to how they will move in future.
Thank you! I understand that especially when you are just starting out, the more time you spend doing something the faster you will become better at it. And then at some point you can spend less time but still be more efficient. Thank you for the advice!

I daytrade daily so I am looking at my screens on average 3-5 hours each day I trade. I do however take at least 1 weekday per week off to give my mind a rest, and as others have said here: No pressure is a great way to go.

Peter
So that means that you are doing trading full time and spend no more than 5 hours a day on it?

Don't give up the day job until you are making decent profits.
1 hour at breakfast is sufficient for day trading. See how well you did when you get home again from work !!
Make SURE you have a stop loss ( say 150 points ) and a take profit ( another 150 points ).

No more than 2 minutes per day M-F on fast look at open trading positions. Could actually get by with just 20 seconds for this as it rarely changes except when its getting close to targets

+

1-4 hours per day on monthly/weekly timeframe research techniques, systems, modifications etc., ....... this is where my juice resides and as an activity beats out even MY 2nd greatest pleasure in Life, Travel by a whopping margin.

How about you?

The principal charm of this occupation is ability to choose time that it will not interfere with the rest of your daily tasks or job. Usually I spend 2-3 hours daily on theory (reading economic textbooks, charting and TA) and 30 minutes to place trades and deal with opened ones. I think 2 hours is the minimum to concentrate, read and digest trading lesson.

How about you?

For me there is no fixed routine. On an average, 1-2 hours overall daily.

The principal charm of this occupation is ability to choose time that it will not interfere with the rest of your daily tasks or job. Usually I spend 2-3 hours daily on theory (reading economic textbooks, charting and TA) and 30 minutes to place trades and deal with opened ones. I think 2 hours is the minimum to concentrate, read and digest trading lesson.
I agree if you are serious about learning something new at least 90 minutes a day is a good place to start. Sometimes after 90 minutes your brain starts losing focus and it might be better to come back the next day and pick up where you left off. Though, this is different for everybody.

Thank you for sharing your approach man!

Don't give up the day job until you are making decent profits.
1 hour at breakfast is sufficient for day trading. See how well you did when you get home again from work !!
Make SURE you have a stop loss ( say 150 points ) and a take profit ( another 150 points ).
Thank for this advice! Indeed it's a reckless move to go into something like trading full time from the start. Though the idea of making money on your own by spending just a few hours a day and ditching the office is tempting - there is a lot of skill and involved in the work of those who trade successfully and this skill comes only with experience which come with time. So yeah, take it slow and easy at first and then see where you end up :)